** OPENING DAY PRICING 2017 Pt 2 May/September: Magic, Wonder, Dream, Fantasy **

Ugh. You guys. I am a HUGE Disney person. I was completely under the impression that my family was "all aboard" (pun totally intended) for a 2017 Alaskan on the Wonder. But last night DS (11.5 at time of travel) BEGGED me to check out RCL too ~ apparently, he's starting to get a little bored with the DCL activities, and a friend of his just got back from an RCL cruise and LOVED it. To placate him, I checked. A concierge-level grand suite on the 6/23 Alaskan aboard Explorer of the Seas is $9100 for our family of 4 (including tax). Concierge level with tons of amenities. 350 sq foot room w/ 100 sq foot balcony. I would still do DCL in a heartbeat, but I am SO torn now that our kids are getting older and want to try a ship with more activities for them. Especially with everything that we could get for $3-$4K less than DCL. :( :( :(

At the end of the day the Micky is trying to sort us two new ships out so all the extra pennies are greatful to make this happen :)

I thought people that sailed DCL had kids. Every price I see is 2 adults or 2 adults with 1kid. No families of four out there?

Oh we have kids...we just don't always bring them with us. ;) They are adults now so it is now usually just DH and I that sail.

Disney is a family cruise line and families come in all shapes and sizes.

Oh we have kids...we just don't always bring them with us. ;) They are adults now so it is now usually just DH and I that sail.

Disney is a family cruise line and families come in all shapes and sizes.

True it's just me and my girlfriend that cruise and we are both mid 20s :)

I just called to book a June 3 Fantasy cruise. I needed 5 rooms. After she quoted me the first room I about fell out of my chair. This is the first time I have called and decided not to even book. I guess I won't be making platinum.

2A2c ages 10 and 16 cat 5e 8649.00
2A2c ages 10 and 16 navigators verandah 8481.00

This is more then I paid last year for my 7 night Alaska and I had an extra kid I was paying for in a separate room. In the past I thought people were being overly dramatic when they threatened to go to other cruise lines. Now here I am going to check out Royal Caribbean.

Did these prices include an OBB discount? This is one of the options I will be pricing out tomorrow. Thanks for any information you can give!

These prices are crazy but at least for the Southern Caribbean sailings there isn't much to compare with other cruise lines for the same time of year.

Ship: Disney Magic
11 Night Norwegian Fjords 28 June 2017

First Cabin
Cat 5c
2 adults, 1 child (aged 17) = $13,386.63
Including 10% on-board booking discount, no transfers/insurance/air travel

Second Cabin
Cat 9a
2 adults = $9,346.82
Including 10% on-board booking discount, no transfers/insurance/air travel

And we were able to get 2 cabins next door to each other. :cool1:

Disney Fantasy June 17 11 night southern Caribbean
2A
Cat. 11C $4066.28/per person total $8132.56
Cat. 9B. $4198.28/per person total $8396.56

Disney Fantasy June 28 10 night southern Caribbean
2A
Cat. 11C. $3918.02/per person total $7836.04
Cat. 9B. $4038.02/per person total $8076.04

No transfers, air, gratuities, insurance, etc.

I did not ask for price breakdown per person...

All pricing is for Cat 4A 2A/3C. Transfer of previous OBB, No insurance, no Port Canaveral transfers

June 30 2017 5 night double dip Dream $7,267.90
July 5, 2017 4 night DREAM 4A $6,512.80
June 28, 2017 10 night FANTASY Southern 4A $15,616.50
July 8th 7 night FANTASY western $10,792.65

I was only on hold less than a 1/2 hour.

Last edited:
And they will think $12k is normal. and in 3 years they will be priced out by 20k and another new set of parents.....and on and on.
Yep, there's always people willing and able to pay. I'm not sure why anyone ever thinks there won't be people willing and able to pay. We are not rich by any stretch of the imagination, but we choose to sail with DCL as it's a product we like. We will pay the price, it doesn't make us stupid, it just makes us fans of this particular cruise line.
If people can't afford it, fair enough, but there will always be people who can.

Norway June 4, 2 A, 1C 11b deck 6 $4283.84 OBB
2A, 1C 5C $$6690.54 OBB NO insurance, no Transfer

WBPC - April 23rd - May 7
2 Adults in an 11B
$3,433.52 ($1,335.60 / $1,335.60 / tax, port charges, etc: $762.32)
Includes OBB, but no insurance, gratuity or transportation

you could get an idea on this using the last may date on the fantasy on website right now

Yes, but the prices fluctuate so much, depending on the time of year and it seems that the new pricing that came out may have increased from 2016 prices?

I did not ask for price breakdown per person...

All pricing is for Cat 4A 2A/3C. Transfer of pervious OBB, No insurance, no Port Canaveral transfers

June 30 2017 5 night double dip Dream $7,267.90
July 5, 2017 4 night DREAM 4A $6,512.80
June 28, 2017 10 night Southern 4A $15,616.50
July 8th 7 night western $10,792.65

I was only on less than a 1/2 hour.

The July 8th quoted above is for how many people? Is that the Fantasy? If so, that is much higher than 2016 prices!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter