• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Oogie Boogie Bash Halloween 2023 Super Thread

Yep, i had two options.. Sept 7th or 9th, but neither would let me buy 4 tix.

No dice, so we're going to go to Knotts Scary Farm on that day now. :)
Lemonade, way to shift. That sounds awesome.

My wife had to do this today, I had meetings. Normally I do.
She got tickets at the 3.5 hour mark. I read her some of these posts and she felt much better. She’s not used to the disaster that is Disney IT.

Seriously, WHY does Disney make people get up at the crack of dawn to MAYBE get tickets for a late night evening event? What a fun vacation moment. 🤦‍♀️

Any reason this could not occur at 8am or 10am? Goodness.
I agree!! I guess if they did later, people would complain that they had to miss their EE to wait at the front desk for their OBB tickets! No way to make everyone happy with a limited thing like tickets (talk to me, Taylor Swift). In any case, I was thrilled to get the tickets in 2021 because my DD is a huge NMBC fan, and I hated that we had to give up our tickets to MNSSHP to shift to DLR due to my work issues. So getting the OBB tickets was a big cherry on top for her. She was very sweet and said she was happy just to be at DLR during Halloween, but I did feel it was a victory to get the tickets! Sounds crazy, even as I type it; Disney, you have trained me well…

Well that was a bummer. If you look at my signature every October date we have gone to a version of the party, we decide to go in early September this year and didn’t even get tickets. 11 hours in the queue and nada. That has never happened before and I am dumbstruck.
I’ve never seen it this crazy before either. We’ve been twice and nothing like this experience.

Worst experience ever. Waited all day to buy 1 ticket for either the 29th or 31st and nothing. I’m staying at the Grand Cal for my birthday, spending all kinds of money and not even a chance at a ticket. I’m so disappointed that this whole thing could be sold out in a matter of 12hours. I’ve never had this experience with MNSSHP at WDW. Incredible let down

I agree!! I guess if they did later, people would complain that they had to miss their EE to wait at the front desk for their OBB tickets! No way to make everyone happy with a limited thing like tickets (talk to me, Taylor Swift). In any case, I was thrilled to get the tickets in 2021 because my DD is a huge NMBC fan, and I hated that we had to give up our tickets to MNSSHP to shift to DLR due to my work issues. So getting the OBB tickets was a big cherry on top for her. She was very sweet and said she was happy just to be at DLR during Halloween, but I did feel it was a victory to get the tickets! Sounds crazy, even as I type it; Disney, you have trained me well…
Ha ha ha … hope you got a nap in at least!

I wanted the 19th or the 22nd of October and 22nd October sold out literally 2 min before I got into the purchase tickets page and I felt angry and possessed and bought tickets for October 24th since that’s the only day that would go through for me. Now I have to add some days onto the trip and hope my hubs will be able to get it off. I logged in at 9:45 am mountain time & got through the queue at 6:30pm mst 😳

Worst experience ever. Waited all day to buy 1 ticket for either the 29th or 31st and nothing. I’m staying at the Grand Cal for my birthday, spending all kinds of money and not even a chance at a ticket. I’m so disappointed that this whole thing could be sold out in a matter of 12hours. I’ve never had this experience with MNSSHP at WDW. Incredible let down
That's terrible. I would never have thought this was possible. I was thinking of doing a DVC exchange at the GCH for next year's OBB. No way I can risk that after this year. I suppose it's time to write Disney in hopes they open more days in the future.

Ha ha ha … hope you got a nap in at least!
It actually worked out ok because I was there doing a work conference, which went virtual due to COVID concerns (but was held in Orlando, thus our original plan to be at WDW that weekend) about a week before the trip. Since I was not going to be able to attend live, I thought why not be in DLR instead of WDW (and much easier for my 14 yo DD to navigate DLR by herself while I was doing the conference in the mornings). In any case, the conference started at 7:00am Orlando time, so I was actually missing some at 0500 California time by being in line for the tickets! So at least my adrenaline was pumping for the conference at that hour of the morning!!

I wanted the 19th or the 22nd of October and 22nd October sold out literally 2 min before I got into the purchase tickets page and I felt angry and possessed and bought tickets for October 24th since that’s the only day that would go through for me. Now I have to add some days onto the trip and hope my hubs will be able to get it off. I logged in at 9:45 am mountain time & got through the queue at 6:30pm mst 😳
I am so sorry that you had this experience today. I have been following along today and was so hoping you would get tickets. I know the dates are not ideal, but I really hope you guys can make it because it is a lot of fun!!! Glad you get to hopefully go!

I can’t fathom how this can be worse than a Ticketmaster on sale, yet here we are.
The real question in my mind is, how many tickets were sold to resellers versus actual guests? Because I don’t see how the entire event sold out so quickly. People were populating EBay with OBB tickets for $3,000 while they were still being sold today. And that’s just those who risk EBay. What about all the Facebook scammers, etc.? How many tickets are on the black market right now? Makes me so angry!

The real question in my mind is, how many tickets were sold to resellers versus actual guests? Because I don’t see how the entire event sold out so quickly. People were populating EBay with OBB tickets for $3,000 while they were still being sold today. And that’s just those who risk EBay. What about all the Facebook scammers, etc.? How many tickets are on the black market right now? Makes me so angry!
Makes me angry too. I reported the ones I saw on eBay.

Scalpers and resellers suck and I'm sorry for those who tried for multiple days to get some tickets with no luck :(

I was thinking today, I remember getting up at crazy hours when I was a kid/teen and standing outside of the record stores to try and get tickets to popular concerts with my parents and aunts/uncles. There was some success, but also many tales of no luck and disappointment over the years. And then we just went on with life and tried again. I wonder how much of that back then was scalpers buying up tickets to make some money? Does the internet just make it all more visible and that's why we get more upset?

I think the main issue we have here is just that Disneyland has a great product that is in very high demand at a park with way less resources than WDW (and a smaller area to have the party in). I'd guess that the number of guests they can allow in is much less than the events at the WDW's Magic Kingdom. Add to this the fact that Disneyland is nestled into an area with about 13 million people in the LA/OC metro area, if just a percentage of people want to do the event who are within 4 ish hours of the park (plus those coming from much further away), it's going to be crazy.

I'm gong to try and find a way to try and get some feedback to Disney where it can help with how bad this whole experience has been and give some suggestions. I'm going to be big on team "allow on property hotel guests" (and perhaps good neighbor hotel guests too) to book well in advance. It's just crazy that you can book a room and then have to deal with this madness. I've also learned a lesson that I'll never book a DVC room at Disneyland in anticipation for OBB with points that are at risk if I have to cancel my reservation.

Congratulations to those who had success. I hope you have fun at OBB...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter