Oogie Boogie Bash Halloween 2023 Super Thread

Not sure if this is the better place to ask this question, but I see lots of understandable fury about reselling tickets.
But is there a best practice for reselling AT FACE VALUE for folks who find themselves with extra tickets? since Disney won't process returns.
We've been trying to plan a Disney trip for 8 extended family members. There was miscommunication and panicked purchases once we got through the queue, so we now find ourselves with 6 extra tickets on 9/12 and 2 extra on 10/12.
That's A LOT of money for tickets we can't use since none of us live close to Disney.
Figuring out how to resell tickets is not something I want to do, but again, that's so so much money to lose. We don't want to upsell, just recoup the cost of the tickets.
Has anyone successfully done this? Advice? Recommendations? Redirects to a more proper place to ask this question?
Thank you!

I recall from last year at least a person or two who had similar predicaments. They claimed they were able to contact customer service and after a bit of work, and maybe a jump up the chain-of-command, get the tickets refunded. You'd think with how much demand there is they'd be more than willing to let someone else take them rather than go wasted.

i hope they have same day sales for hotel guests. we have also done that in the past, but the Grand said that as of now no sales at the hotel.
We called many times and even the night before our trip and were told no every time. We even asked at check in and the guy said no. Go down and see no matter what you are told...when we went down in the morning they knew exactly why we were there and asked us to start a line off to the side.

We called many times and even the night before our trip and were told no every time. We even asked at check in and the guy said no. Go down and see no matter what you are told...when we went down in the morning they knew exactly why we were there and asked us to start a line off to the side.
Do they only sell day of tix at The Grand Californian, or do they sell them at all 3 hotels?

Not sure if this is the better place to ask this question, but I see lots of understandable fury about reselling tickets.
But is there a best practice for reselling AT FACE VALUE for folks who find themselves with extra tickets? since Disney won't process returns.
We've been trying to plan a Disney trip for 8 extended family members. There was miscommunication and panicked purchases once we got through the queue, so we now find ourselves with 6 extra tickets on 9/12 and 2 extra on 10/12.
That's A LOT of money for tickets we can't use since none of us live close to Disney.
Figuring out how to resell tickets is not something I want to do, but again, that's so so much money to lose. We don't want to upsell, just recoup the cost of the tickets.
Has anyone successfully done this? Advice? Recommendations? Redirects to a more proper place to ask this question?
Thank you!
They can be given away or donated. If donated you probably can at least take the value as a charitable contribution while making someone very happy. Possibly get a hold of a local (to Disney) chapter of Make A Wish or something?

You can also give them to friends. I cancelled last year and ended up giving three tickets to friends and they had a blast (and yes I actually just gave them away).

Do they only sell day of tix at The Grand Californian, or do they sell them at all 3 hotels?
I can only speak to our experience when staying at the DLH October 2021. We had purchased tickets to MNSSHP in WDW for that weekend, but due to a last minute change, ended up in DLR. Nothing was mentioned at check-in, but I did explain our situation, and the CM said to come down at 5am on the day-of and get in line. There were a small number of tickets, and they are shared across all 3 onsite hotels. I got there about 4:45am, and there were already a few families in front of me. They took down names, number of tickets, room key and credit card. At 5am on the dot, they started to call families up one by one, in order of the list, to process their ticket purchase. It was a few agonizing minutes until they got to me, but we did get our 2 tickets for the party that night. We knew we were making the trip with or without OBB, so this was ok but since we have to fly in from Texas, it was very nerve racking to not know if we could get them until that morning. I had called the hotel ahead of time and also the regular DLR phone lines, and no one would say for sure if day-of tickets would be available at the hotels. This was for Columbus Day weekend, so it was one of the most in-demand parties, and we were still able to get tickets that day.

That said, I do not think all of the families that went down that morning got tickets, as they did run out. So I would definitely go down earlier than they tell you, if they are selling them this year.

I hope you are able to get tickets also. This whole process has been completely ridiculous!!

Last edited:
Sold out message is now up View attachment 777069
Yep, I got kicked out to this page too after finally getting in after waiting all day. I had chosen tickets several times only to never make it to the payment screen and then after many, many refreshes, it sent me to this page. I was already resigned to not getting tickets but it's still disappointing.

I can only speak to our experience when staying at the DLH October 2021. We had purchased tickets to MNSSHP in WDW for that weekend, but due to a last minute change, ended up in DLR. Nothing was mentioned at check-in, but I did explain our situation, and the CM said to come down at 5am on the day-of and get in line. There were a small number of tickets, and they are shared across all 3 onsite hotels. I got there about 4:45am, and there were already a few families in front of me. They took down names, number of tickets, room key and credit card. At 5am on the dot, they started to call families up one by one, in order of the list, to process their ticket purchase. It was a few agonizing minutes until they got to me, but we did get our 2 tickets for the party that night. We knew we were making the trip with or without OBB, so this was ok but since we have to fly in from Texas, it was very nerve racking to not know if we could get them until that morning. I had called the hotel ahead of time and also the regular DLR phone lines, and no owe would say for sure if day-of tickets would be available at the hotels. This was for Columbus Day weekend, so it was one of the most in-demand parties, and we were still able to get tickets that day.

That said, I do not think all of the families that went down that morning got tickets, as they did run out. So I would definitely go down earlier than they tell you, if they are selling them this year.

I hope you are able to get tickets also. This whole process has been completely ridiculous!!
Seriously, WHY does Disney make people get up at the crack of dawn to MAYBE get tickets for a late night evening event? What a fun vacation moment. 🤦‍♀️

Any reason this could not occur at 8am or 10am? Goodness.

My 2 phones are still saying more than an hour wait after nearly 11 hours. No sold out message for me yet, although it is still updating timewise. Still watching even though I got my tix on the desktop 6 hours ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter