Oogie Boogie Bash Halloween 2023 Super Thread

I know that with MNSSHP at DW some people have gotten lucky and been able to wake up very early on a party day and get tickets even though the party sold out. Has that ever happened at all with the Oogie Boogie Bash?

I know that with MNSSHP at DW some people have gotten lucky and been able to wake up very early on a party day and get tickets even though the party sold out. Has that ever happened at all with the Oogie Boogie Bash?

From stories here on the boards, only for people staying at a Disney hotel (which is a way smaller group at DLR than at WDW) and only a very small number.

Coming to Disneyland second week of October with my 8 and 10yo. I was planning 3 days. Can I get away with doing all of DCA during OBB? I would then spend 2 days at Disneyland. Or will I need another full day at DCA? I prefer not to do park hopper but can if that is best. Kids have been twice before to DLR (I used to be local, so have gone many times) but none of us has done OBB.

Coming to Disneyland second week of October with my 8 and 10yo. I was planning 3 days. Can I get away with doing all of DCA during OBB? I would then spend 2 days at Disneyland. Or will I need another full day at DCA? I prefer not to do park hopper but can if that is best. Kids have been twice before to DLR (I used to be local, so have gone many times) but none of us has done OBB.
It depends. There is a mix in time at 3pm before the party starts at 6pm. I would say that would give enough time to do a ride or two (it can get fairly busy during the mix in with both nonparty guests and OBB guests).

We focus a lot on the party offerings and don't usually do rides. We try to hit all of the treat trails (this is where you get to see a lot of the rare characters/villains...and get lots of candy), both parades, and Villain's Grove. California Adventure doesn't have as many rides that we are interested in, so if we were to focus less on the party offerings and more on rides I would say just the OBB night would be enough. But, if you haven't done OBB before, it might be nice to just soak up the atmosphere and do the exclusive OBB stuff.

I'm hoping for some Avengers in Halloween costumes :rolleyes1

In all honesty, we've never done OBB before but are hoping to get tickets this year! We're all big fans of Nightmare Before Christmas so it's pretty unforgivable we haven't done it yet.

I'm very excited, I haven't been to OBB before and we're planning to go in mid-September. I know we have so much time until the parties start but I'm really struggling with costume ideas. I'm leaning towards a princess outfit, Rapunzel or animated Ariel, but I'm worried I'm going to end up too warm since September/October gets HOT. Does anyone who has dressed as a princess in the past have some insight?

I'm very excited, I haven't been to OBB before and we're planning to go in mid-September. I know we have so much time until the parties start but I'm really struggling with costume ideas. I'm leaning towards a princess outfit, Rapunzel or animated Ariel, but I'm worried I'm going to end up too warm since September/October gets HOT. Does anyone who has dressed as a princess in the past have some insight?
I've done a huge Cinderella ballgown several years and while it's hot, it wasn't unbearable. It was so much fun to be able to dress up as an adult.

If you go the ballgown/full dress route, you could try adding a hoopskirt underneath, it helps with the dress not touching as you walk which makes things a little cooler. You could also try a shorter skirt length.

I know the party is from 6pm to 11pm with the mix in starting at 3pm. I have a couple of questions:

We will be flying in the morning of our party so we aren’t getting regular park tickets for that day. However, the next couple of days after the party, we plan on visiting the parks. Historically, what are the park hours for DL? Also, what are the park hours for DCA on non party nights.

Next question, my DD usually gets a DAS pass. I know that she wouldn’t get one for the party, but what about during the mix in time?

I've done a huge Cinderella ballgown several years and while it's hot, it wasn't unbearable. It was so much fun to be able to dress up as an adult.

If you go the ballgown/full dress route, you could try adding a hoopskirt underneath, it helps with the dress not touching as you walk which makes things a little cooler. You could also try a shorter skirt length.
Thank you for the information! This is really helpful for planning purposes. Maybe I'll try and pick one that at least has shorter sleeves even if it is a ballgown.

Last year all tickets sold out within the first 4 of being on sale to the public (tickets on sale to public June 28 and sold out by July 3rd). AP and DVC typically get a few days head start. I do remember year before last, they sold out, but then added more tickets magically a week or so later. Dates that sold out, become available again. But, BE READY the day they come out. And be ready to be in a virtual cue for HOURS.

Is their a World of Color on these nights?
Probably not, but we'll have to wait and see. They did a "Villainous" version that didn't score well, so it was retired. If I had to bet money, I'd say no WOC. But we'll find out soon enough!

Last year all tickets sold out within the first 4 of being on sale to the public (tickets on sale to public June 28 and sold out by July 3rd). AP and DVC typically get a few days head start. I do remember year before last, they sold out, but then added more tickets magically a week or so later. Dates that sold out, become available again. But, BE READY the day they come out. And be ready to be in a virtual cue for HOURS.
well, this isn't great news considering I'm in Australia and have to get up at 2am for the release
ugh

Is it normal for DVC to be included in presale? I’m really hoping it happens this year

Hoping to get tickets for Tuesday 10/10. First time at DL since 1998!

Yay! We just went back in Jan/Feb. First time since our honeymoon in 1995!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter