Only 1 refill of bread allowed at Sebastain's now

I thought of you at the grocery store this afternoon! Honey butter, Cinnamon sugar butter, garlic butter, and butter for local chagrilled oysters!
*Also thinking about other topics that might keep you busy this weekend while your hubby is at work. 😉
Wow. Never saw anywhere. Certainly not in my area (Midwest)
What store was this?

My apologies to certain posters who will remain nameless who had hoped a quick death to this thread....but look what I came across online!!

Maple Brown Sugar Butter!!! Who knew!

View attachment 691562
That sounds like a delicious alternative to sticky sweet (and very messy) syrup for little ones. I often don't want to bring frozen waffles on vacation because I imagine syrup EVERYWHERE, but this could definitely do the trick!

Wow. Never saw anywhere. Certainly not in my area (Midwest)
What store was this?
Breaux Mart in the New Orleans area- it's my favorite local grocery store that has regional favorites and lots of local items.

Finally, I saw people mentioning the price point, but I think that's a bunch of baloney. Whispering Canyon Cafe is in this general price point, and it is advertised as AYCTE....so, I don't think the price has anything to do with it
It's not the same price point. WCC is about 33% more expensive. I wonder how many guests would prefer a lower price instead of AYCTE.

Before this thread I assumed family style serving always featured AYCTE.

It's not the same price point. WCC is about 33% more expensive. I wonder how many guests would prefer a lower price instead of AYCTE.

Before this thread I assumed family style serving always featured AYCTE.

My apologies.....to me, $29 and $36 are roughly the same price point. It's not 33%. To me, different price points is Trails in Breakfast at $19 and Topolinos at $42. We can have differing viewpoints there, though.

BUT...WCC still offers lunch for $24, and manages to allow for AYCTE. Ohana breakfast is $25. Trails End dinner is $29.99. Sure, one is breakfast and one is lunch, and those meals typically come with a lesser pricetag BUT. AYCTE is AYCTE. People can abuse those meals just as much as they could a dinner meal. Which goes back to my original point of...the price point to me doesn't seem to be the hiccup here.

The thing that amuses me...in the before times....Sebastians was well-liked, sure. But, with it being at CBR, no one was really recommending people go out of their way for it, so availability was pretty easy to come by. Then, when they brought along the family-style meal, things boomed. Suddenly, there are all these videos and vlogs and reviews. While reservations aren't impossible, they are certainly a lot less abundant than they were before. Well, part of that involved the AYCTE aspect of it, same as WCC. No one says to gorge on food. What they typically say is if there is a specific item(s) you like, ask for more of it. (ppl are human and they are going to like some items and some items they won't touch) Now, whether it was never supposed to be AYCTE and it was just never enforced and now it will be....or if it's a recent change for whatever reason, who knows. But, it seems silly to me to crack down on something that was hugely beneficial.

1) It doesn’t matter the price point, family style at Disney just doesn’t make sense unless it’s AYCTE.
2) The top vloggers and the biggest two dining review sites all clearly said it’s AYCTE. There is zero chance they all were mistaken, so it’s either been silently changed or Disney is trying a new approach of “we won’t advertise it, but if customers want more we will give it“.
3) Even if it’s not AYCTE, limiting bread to 2 each is silly. Even if you are fine with just 2, it’s a silly rule. It’s weird how if it’s AYCTE, they don’t mind you filling up on bread, but if it isn’t, 2 rolls.

1) It doesn’t matter the price point, family style at Disney just doesn’t make sense unless it’s AYCTE.
2) The top vloggers and the biggest two dining review sites all clearly said it’s AYCTE. There is zero chance they all were mistaken, so it’s either been silently changed or Disney is trying a new approach of “we won’t advertise it, but if customers want more we will give it“.
3) Even if it’s not AYCTE, limiting bread to 2 each is silly. Even if you are fine with just 2, it’s a silly rule. It’s weird how if it’s AYCTE, they don’t mind you filling up on bread, but if it isn’t, 2 rolls.
Family style, without being AYCTE, might make sense to Disney. Turn over tables faster. Reduce food waste. Seconds are served and most are left behind. Other guests believe they're paying enough for 2 meals and bring zip lock bags. A few gorge.
Makes sense to the guest who doesn't want to pay for the actions of others and would prefer saving a few dollars.

I always thought meals served family style at WDW are AYCTE. I was wrong. The bloggers were wrong. Maybe some of the servers were wrong, when the restaurant re-opened.

Last edited:

We ate there last week. We only ate one roll a piece but our server did ask if we wanted more. Maybe they heard about this thread?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter