Online vs Regular Check In

We always check in online. It makes everything so must faster. Sometimes the line in the lobby is HUGE. This past trip, our room wasn't ready until later in the afternoon, but we bypassed having to wait on what was at least a half an hour line. We jumped to the online check in desk to pay for our room in cash as we prefer to have the credit cards clear (just in case there's an emergency), and we've never needed more than 5 minutes to get this done.

We always check in online. It makes everything so must faster. Sometimes the line in the lobby is HUGE. This past trip, our room wasn't ready until later in the afternoon, but we bypassed having to wait on what was at least a half an hour line. We jumped to the online check in desk to pay for our room in cash as we prefer to have the credit cards clear (just in case there's an emergency), and we've never needed more than 5 minutes to get this done.
What happens at the online check-in desk? I'm used to the old days prior to the online check-in process and liked the fun of arriving and hearing the spiel from the CM at the desk who gives you your room assignment and talks about the resort a bit.

What happens at the online check-in desk? I'm used to the old days prior to the online check-in process and liked the fun of arriving and hearing the spiel from the CM at the desk who gives you your room assignment and talks about the resort a bit.

They still give you the spiel and will give you the map showing you where your room is. It's really just there for people who need a quick question answered but already checked in.

We are going in a few weeks and I just did our online check-in through MDE. I put a couple of room preferences on there ("close to transportation" and "near stairs") in the hopes of being a bit closer to the main building. We are staying in a LM room at AoA and most say the walk is pretty long. Can anyone give me your success rate in obtaining your preferred location when doing it this way? ... I might even post a poll for more input. Thanks!

Regardless of how you make a request, a request is ALWAYS just that. A request. I've not heard that one method is better than another. Sometimes there just isn't a room in your desired location available for your stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter