online glasses.. is there one that has tri-focals?

muffyn

"hmmm*
looking for an online glasses website that offers tri-focal lenses
i am only finding bifocal ones.

I wear them myself and I'd be extremely nervous to buy tri-focals/progressives on-line. The effectiveness of them is dependent on extremely precise measurements (which you will have to do yourself) and just a few mm off can make them miserable to wear. On-line places take no responsibility for the measurements being wrong, nor of course can they adjust them on your face properly. Spend a little more and go to a bricks-and-mortar optician. :cool2: I've never gone to Costco personally, but if the price is competitive, they do have very good service and warranty policies.

I heartily agree with the pp about trifocal lens segments needing to be VERY precisely measured.

I've had less-experienced optometrist techs ask a more experienced one to check their measurements to be certain the lens sections are positioned accurately.

No way would I consider online ordering. Badly measured lenses can make you unable to function or tolerate wearing the glasses. And that's a bunch of money spent twice when you could have gotten it done right and saved yourself both money and discomfort.

I wear them myself and I'd be extremely nervous to buy tri-focals/progressives on-line. The effectiveness of them is dependent on extremely precise measurements (which you will have to do yourself) and just a few mm off can make them miserable to wear. On-line places take no responsibility for the measurements being wrong, nor of course can they adjust them on your face properly. Spend a little more and go to a bricks-and-mortar optician. :cool2: I've never gone to Costco personally, but if the price is competitive, they do have very good service and warranty policies.
^^^THIS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter