One of my best days at Disney was...........

Dec 08-- My now husband had taken me on his family’s yearly Christmas vacation to Disney World. This was my first Disney trip. I’ve always loved Cinderella and told him that the one thing I had to do was meet Cinderella.

The first night of our trip, the whole family ate dinner at California Grill overlooking Magic Kingdom and Cinderella’s castle. He asked me to go outside to take a look at the fireworks show that was about to begin.

While outside, he had told me he had a Christmas gift for me. He pulled out a necklace with my new monogram on it, JGL. My response was, “I’m not a G”. which he said, “Flip it over.” I could tell that there was something written on the back, but it was so dark out I couldn’t see the message.

The fireworks began and lit up the sky and the castle. “Will you marry me? was engraved on the back. When I finally realized what it said, my jaw dropped, I started shaking, and of course said YES! He got down on one knee and proposed with a ring he designed.

Inside, waiting on my plate was a glass slipper with the date engraved on it. (It was also my brother’s and sister in law's anniversary.) We never did meet Cinderella, but I didn’t care because I was Cinderella for that night.

When I spent my 17th birthday at the Magic Kingdom! I was lucky, and my bday happened to fall over Spring Break.

On one of the several trips my inlaws have made with us, we (myself, DW, and DD) got a morning at MK to ourselves. We made it to the park early walked onto everything and DD got to ride Dumbo with Stitch. Which was kind of cool since she had the chance to do once before and chickened out. We had a grea morning free of drama and tension.

Aw, the proposal stories are making me choke up. Wish my DH had proposed at WDW!

Our best day was the first day of our last trip. We went to AK. It was DD's first go at pin trading and after FOTLK we went to look at some CM's lanyards. We got chatting and they asked us if we had to be anywhere and then asked if we would like to be in the parade! :banana: DD just kept saying "they will never believe this at school".

Seeing behind the scenes was cool and it really made me appreciate how hard those characters work in the parade. We were right in front of Chip and Dale, and those guys danced and waved their way round the whole thing with the same energy and enthusiasm all the way, and then when they got back and the gates closed they just keeled over! That was in March too, not even August - I can't imagine what it must be like for them in August. :eek:

New Year's 2008/2009--I went to WDW by myself for a few days before my Goddaughter arrived. At first I was a little unnerved by being there alone, but I got over it quickly when I realized I could do ANYTHING I wanted without having to worry about whether someone else was happy!!! I had a bag of the magical popcorn, popcorn::stood in line to meet Daisy Duck, stopped for the barbershop quartet, rode Pirates and HM 3 timespirate::hmghost:, and had a really nice meal at Liberty Tree. It was a beautiful, relaxing day--and because I was alone, the CMs seemed to go out of their way to make sure I was happy. It's one of the few times in my life I felt special without it being tied in with my relationship to anyone else! I hope that doesn't sound weird.:flower3:

January 2009 MK Rope Drop with my sister, brother-in-law, niece, and nephew. I teared up big time (forget the kids and their excitement OMG is that Mickey on the train?!" ;)); it was just so magical! :wizard: I think we rode "Its a Small World" 10 times that day, but seeing the looks of awe and sheer joy on my niece and nephew's faces each time we went on the ride was worth having the song stuck in my head forever! :cloud9: Everything added into a truly magical day. :goodvibes

We took our kids and another family who had never been to Disney before. This was about 20 years ago. My Dfriend was overcome by emotion when we were riding on Spaceship Earth and the song "Tomorrow's Child" was playing at the end. She loved all the music at the parks. After a while, we used the facilities and she came out of the restroom in tears saying, "The music is even coordinated in the bathroom!" Priceless! Later, she asked Mickey if he had airconditioning in his head? The cast member with him looked surprised as Mickey acted shocked. The cast member said. "No, do you?" We have been laughing all these years and always ask each other how the airconditioning in each others head is working today!

The day I proposed to my wife over dinner at CRT. I was a nervous wreck up until dinner; she thought i was mad at her for something.

Was planning on asking her during dessert but I couldn't wait any longer...I got about halfway through the entree, dropped to a knee, and popped the question. :)

Our 1-year anniversary is about 2 weeks out.

Ok, first post here...

One of my best days at Disney was our first trip to WDW After a red eye (and at best 3 hours of sleep) from Oregon, we got on DME and were the only family on the entire bus - it was like an oversized limo ride to the Poly. DD3 was so excited and kept pointing at all the signs, etc. We checked in, no room yet as it was 6:30AM, and headed over to MK. The year before, we had visited DL and DD was terrifed of the characters. We walked through the gates and she spotted Pluto - I had no idea what to expect, but she begged us to get in line. DH ran to get an autograph book and we met (and hugged) our first of many characters. It was a magical vacation that hooked us forever.

the first day at Magic Kingdom on my two daughters' (4 and 2 at the time) first trip to DW. We got there late in the day and only planned on riding a few rides before heading back to the hotel but we unexpectedly got caught up in the Wishes fireworks. I thought they started at 10 but they started at 9. So when the fireworks lit up the sky and the music started, we just stopped and stared. We happened to be close to where Tinkerbell flew over us and the girls' mouths just fell open. All I could do was watch them as they had their real first magical moment. Even my husband who had never been and really didn't want to go got totally caught up in the moment and was smiling. I'll never forget this. Now, I've got them all hooked on DW:cool1:

my first trip, I was almost 20, we rode Peter Pan. I actually asked dh if we were really flying. I couldn't figure out how it was being done. That was my first magical moment.

There have been so many with the kids over the years. When ds (about 5 at the time) met Aladdin & was so awestruck he couldnt speak. Aladdin made a big deal about him.

Or when dd,ds,ds were about 10, and were beginning to "understand" how things worked. The innocence I thought was leaving, then one night Tink flew over & ds turned to me & said....."I guess dreams can come true"

Or last summer when dd19 ran across Marie and insisted on getting her picture taken with her. She was SO excited she was jumping up and down. Apparently her excitement was contagious, as her dbf & bf got all excited & got in the picture as well. She loves that memory.

I just love reading all of these stories! So many special times for people, Disney really does have MAGIC!:tink:

This past trip, SO and I were watching the "Dreams Come True" show at MK. SO had mentioned he was still getting used to the mix of amazing/wonderful and somewhat corny things at MK. As soon as the music began, these two little girls stood up in front of the crowd and danced the ENTIRE show. They were so entranced by the music and characters, and they honestly believed that THEY were entertaining the crowd as much as the characters were. I turned to my SO to point them out, but he already had his video camera focused in on them. At that moment, I knew that he *got* it.

photo94.jpg

I have to say my favorite day was during our first trip to WDW. We were in Epcot and discovered the large crowd forming for Illuminations. Little did we know we were in the right place at the right time. As it became t-minus 15 minutes. A CM comes out and motions for a large group to enjoy the unrestricted patio. We lucked out and were in the third row from the fence. Being able to see the show unobstructed was magical! to this day my kids still talk about that night. We all became Disney fanatics and cant wait till we get to go back. :thumbsup2

So many priceless memories... hard to pick out any one or two.. but here goes:

1. When my autistic son (who was terrified at his first meeting with characters), cried his eyes out when his favorite character (Bear from Bear in the Big Blue House at playhouse Disney) left the stage after the show.. We saw that show about 5 times that day...
2. A year later, same son wrote and hand delivered a letter to Cinderella..
3. A year or so later.. bringing my mom and stepfather with us, watching my boys spend all their magical time with Grandma.. was very, very special.
4. This coming summer- 18 days away.. going to be fantastic, with friends, and family... all 15 or so of us!!!!!

And the memories continue.....

Sometimes that one on one time cannot be beat. Last year DD kept my DH out till 2am, with the "just this one more ride" saying. She had the best time because she got to go wherever she wanted with dad.

She had do much fun so other DD got dad all to herself at AK one EMH evening and had a blast.

DH works mega hours so vacation is time for them to catch up on all of that one on one time.

Mom gets enough of that at home.

My favorite memory is watching the parade from Pecos Bills. Our first trip, so not planning nut yet. We did not plan on being in the park that late (they were young only 3 & 5) so I did not get spots for parade and were standing in the back holding DD's. We actually just had stopped for a snack. Another couple asked if DDs wanted to sit down with the kids in front. The entire parade DD is doing the prom queen wave she was so excited to see the characters. Buy the end she was holding her arm up with her other arm. It was so cute.

It was a magical moment. Friendly parade people.

Denise in MI

pixie dust was sprinkled on use in June 2008 with our Southern California trip. Mom, my goddaughter Tink(13 at the time),and friend Beanie(age 14 at the time) drove a rental car from San Diego to DL, too early to check in hotel so headed to DL where I had booked a tour for all of us...the orientation tour that includes both parks. While waiting the girls told me they didn't want to go,"It will be soooooooooooooo boring!!!" Other tours left, we were the only people waiting for our tour. Our guide came out, to give us her first full tour she had done with a trainer. Our group was good for the new guide and she was good for the teens as she was just out of college and the girls thought she was cool. The trainer was great with Mom and helping to slow the girls down. They thought the tour was great until we approached the train station to get around the park. Remember June 2008, it was 94 degrees in Southern California. We arrived at the train station and the trainer went to the conductor and came back to us and said follow us...we were allowed to ride in the Lillie Belle. It was so cooooollllll and so hooooooooooooooooooootttt at the same time. Were got off the train dripping sweat and smiling. Someone asked the girls via a phone call what their favorite thing was that day.....riding on Lillie Belle.

Second part of the fun, Goddaughter is going to WDW with us in July. She asked me if we were going on a tour this time??:love:

I took my mom in 2004, when I did the land/sea package for the first couple of years. This turned out to be the first of many cruises that we still take together.

She was not big on rides, but she was pretty good about trying out some new stuff. Well, we found this bench right across from Splash Mountain, and she just had a hoot watching people go down the last big drop. We sat there for a good hour, just chatting away about when I was growing up and stuff.

It was awesome.

May 2008.

DH and I spent a day alone at Epcot and a night alone :lovestruc:rotfl: at POP. Were going to meet our 3 kids and my mom and dad at MK next morning.

We were there at RD and RUSHED to City Hall to see if we could sign my dad up for Veteran of the Day. The person who was signed up had requested another day so we were able to get it for my dad.

It was amazing. My mom cried, my dad had tears in his eyes. My boys (6 and 8 at the time) were asked to lead the Pledge of Allegiance by the barbershop guys (can't remember their name) and we were all treated wonderfully by the security staff.

Funniest part...we had some sort of "priority standing" and this young couple came and stood in front of us near ceremony time. One of the security people came over to them and said "This area is reserved for THE FAMILY...you'll have to move." :lmao: I felt like we were mafia or something ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter