One of my best days at Disney was...........

carrie1626

DIS Veteran
One of my best days at Disney was.........

2006 Thanksgiving Day morning my DD16 at the time and I went into MK early and rode Snow Whites Scary Adventure, Winnie the Pooh, Peter Pan's Flight, Cinderella's Carousel, IASW and POTC had a quick lunch at Pinocchio Village Haus.

We caught up with DS, DSister, and Dparents later, but that morning together was special!!:wizard:

Was the first time my parents came with us(their first time in WDW, not ours) and my Dad was so overcome with emotion when he saw the castle he could not take a picture- I will never forget it and I think that is one of the reasons I am so attached to Disney- no offense to anyone but you do not see that kind of emotion at any other theme park anywhere.

When I went down in 2009 without the kids and my partner and I rode a ton of rides and got to enjoy Disney as adults. We had forgotten how much we liked each other.:love:

We got to be kids for 2 days - it was great.

In January 1999, my daughters turned 4 and 5. Their birthdays are 3 days apart and this year they fell during the week and I asked the preschool not to tell them. We left after church for the three hour drive to the contempoary, the girls thinking we were going out to lunch. When we arrived, the valet unloaded their presents and sent them to the room, when we checked in and arrived at the room, there were presents and balloons followed by dinner at Chef Mickey's with special cakes...they were so surprised, we spent the next day at MK and drove home exhausted Monday night.
It was the best short trip ever. They were so surprised.

The day that AK opened in 1998, I was outside the park in my car at 5 am to be one of the first there for opening day. Purchased a signed litho from the artist that helped design the Tree of Life, bought a special edition AK opening day watch, went back to my motel room and got the call from casting the I was to become a new CM! Started the job with the old WDW Vista United phone company on Memorial day 1998 (not there anymore) . Not a CM anymore due to family illness and returned to NY but that was my BEST Disney Day ever :cool1:

When I went by myself-I was on a travel agents trip, had my own room, all expense paid with a deluxe meal plan. I walked aroundleisurely, watched families and children enjoy themselves and had a wonderful meal at the Brown Derby as a parade went by. Life doesn't get any better than that.

When, on the first full day of mine and my boyfriend's first Disney trip together, we were picked to help open (then) MGM and be in the opening skit as the Family of the Day. We were then driven down Sunset Blvd to the Tower of Terror, got to ride all by ourselves, and were given a free ride photo at the end of our "honeymoon stay". It was all recorded by a wonderful Cast Member, so now we have our memories forever!

Such a magical beginning to a wonderful vacation! :lovestruc

Memorial Day 1999 - watching the Castle turn colors and relaxing at the partners statue as the park closed. DBF (at the time) and I helped families take pictures in front of the castle for a while. I couldn't figure out why DBGF just wanted to hanging around until finally he got down and one knee and proposed to me. :love:

Almost 11 years and 2 kids later, its just a special place for me.

March 23, 2010! It was my boyfriend's birthday and we spent it at Epcot. We had a delicious lunch at Le Cellier and spent the day strolling around World Showcase. Had a few drinks, watched the performers, and genuinely enjoyed our day together! Disney magic doesn't have to be extravagant :wizard:

"Selfishly" - when DH and I got picked to be in the Naval Attack preshow of the Backlot Tour AND I got picked to be in Indiana Jones - on the same day!

But technically the best moment was our first trip to WDW for NY's Eve this past year, and as the fireworks ended, seeing DH tear up and admit later that he was expecting something magical and Disney delivered. And that he hadn't felt that kind of anticipation combined with complete satisfaction since he was a kid. :)

July 2009. We just sent 10 days with my inlaws (11 of us in total) going to Disney parks and Universal and Wet-n-Wild. Unfortunately it wasn't all sunshine and roses.

On the final day, most of the inlaws had already left, and we had one day left our ticket, so just my family (the 4 of us) went over to DHS for the day. It was the most fun we had all week. We did a lot of great stuff, including walking into Sci-Fi (we got a "UFO" table, not a car), rode TSM twice, watched Indy (we say it earlier in the week, but it was shortened due to rain), and I got my wife on ToT for the first time. :goodvibes

Sept 2009, when DD, 4 at the time, saw Ariel for the first time....she was so very excited. I have to admit, I got choked up. :sad:

when we were the family at magic kingdom and I could look down mainstreet and no one was on it!breath taking beauitful!

Sept 2006. The first time we went to MK and got a picture taken by the photographers with the castle in the background. My mom grabbed my hand, squeezed it and said thanks for talking me into coming here.
I thought I was going to cry.

The first time we saw Illuminations, we got a table at Rose and Crown on the outdoor patio right at the water - with an unobstructed view of the show. The night was one of those lovely warm evenings and my family, including my parents, had the best night. We ate our dinner and as though on cue, got our desserts and the show started. This wasn't anything different than many others have experienced at WDW, but it was just a perfect night.

Mine was our very first night of our very first trip.

DH and my youngest were exhausted from the drive but me, DS, and DD just had to go see something, anything. So we took the first bus we came across to Epcot. Our plan was to ride the monorail to the MK to get our first glimpse of Cinderella Castle but once we stepped off that bus we were all three struck by Spaceship Earth. We just stood there, breathless. I had waited 31 years to get to Walt Disney World and all those emotions just bubbled to the surface and I started crying. My kids came over to hug me and we ended up excitedly jumping up and down in a group hug saying "we're here! we're here!"

That night was so special. We did get our first glimpse of Cinderella Castle from the monorail, walked all around the Contemporary, had dinner at Chef Mickey's, and ended the night on the last bus back to POR with the best bus driver we encountered all week. He had us singing and chanting and cheering ("I said a boom chicka boom"). That night hooked me as a fan of the World forever. We didn't set one foot in a theme park that evening but it is without a doubt my best Disney memory.

I can't wait to go back in August and make some new memories!

mine was the last night of our trip....Jan 2010...we were in the MK...got a spot right in front of the castle to watch Wishes....our first time seeing Wishes...just the four of us....me, DH, DS 7 and DD 4...once it started I was crying like a baby the entire time....I know I am a sap!!!! But just all the words and the fireworks and having my family there....all of it just brought me to tears......one of those moments when you wish time would stand still :) Can't wait to go back someday!!!

Aww! Just reading these is getting me choked up!
For me it was the day that my DD played with her orchestra at the Magic Kingdom. It was even more special since my Aunt and MIL were with. I still cry when I watch my recording of it. It is my favorite trip of all time. And one of my best days there for sure.

DH, DD and I had Carousel of Progress ALL TO OURSELVES!!!! You had to hear us belting out that song - we leave again for Disney May21st and DD just said yesterday, "Gee - I hope we can get on Carousel of Progress again without anybody else". It was too funny - we wondered if the people in the other sections could hear us - if there were any there!!!!

Feb. 2010. It was my 85 year old Mom's first visit to Animal Kingdom (the park and the Lodge). We were watching Festival of the Lion King. We were in the front because Mom was in a wheelchair and one of the "monkeys" came up and gave her a high five. She couldn't even raise her arm that high, but boy was there a big grin on her face. Then shortly there after we came across DiVine and she couldn't believe that is was a real person. She spent the week with us in a savanna view studio, but that was the only day she went to a park and I will always treasure the memories of that day. I even have a picture of her with the "It's Tought to be a Bug" glasses on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter