One And Done! Our First And Last Trip To WDW...

Where the heck is the smilie of me shooting milk thru my nose by laughing so hard???????? :rotfl2:

Thanks for the laff, op! :teeth:

The only real part could be that you saw the bill and cried happens to me every month when I see my Credit Card bill!!! :Pinkbounc

How many time can you shoot one kid?

Arrival day: "He cried some but was already shot for the day so he took it in stride."--He arrived at WDW already shot? What airline did you fly?
Day 1: " He cried and was shot for the day."--Tough penalty for crying don't ya think????
Day 2: "He cried and was shot for the day." Do I see a pattern?
Day 3: "My kid cried and was shot for the day." slow learner.
Day 4: " He cried and was shot for the day." R E A L L Y S L O W learner
Day 5: "I cried and was shot for the day!" Must have been a six shooter and like all good parents saved the last shot for themselves before being taken captive.

Or did you mean the DAY was shot, not your kid :rotfl2:

OK, I know I'm new here, but I had to put in my five cents (I NEVER give only two!)

About point number 1: Ummmmm.....just because surfing isn't done in the Midwest (obviously), does that mean you can't stay in that room? On our last trip, we stayed at the POP, and were put in the 90's building. I was diappointed since I lived through that entire decade, and wanted to be in the 50's or something, but I didn't go haywire over the situation, I simply walked around the resort and saw the sights of the other buildings, no biggie! And then to throw ANOTHER tantrum because the second room that you got (which BTW, they prolly didn't HAVE to give you) wasn't a type of music you like....HUH! You've got to be kidding me, right?

Point number 2: OK, what rock have you been living under? Even people who haven't been to WDW realize that most of the characters are not of the human variety, and therefore are unable to sit and eat with you. But you could have taken pictures, right? Plus I'm sure there were MANY other children there, and which one wasn't going to have a character eat with them while ya'll had the monopoly of his/her time?

Point 3: I've never been to Fantasmic!, but I do remember ready MANY, MANY posts saying that you do indeed need to arrive early, but not "a good 7 minutes," more like 70 or so. NONE of the Disney shows, parades, fireworks have very good seating at 7 minutes prior to start. I've been there at least 12 times, and I've learned that the hard way.

Point 4: Darn, I wish I knew that if I threw a tantrum, I would've gotten towel animals....oh wait, you didn't either! LOL! We also didn't get towel animals when we went in April, but that is up to the individual mousekeeper, and it also depends on whether or not they know how to make them. I supppose there is always next time (for me anyways)

Point 5: It is widely known that Timekeeper is a seasonal attraction, there have been several posts that I have read stating that, and also the poster's disappointment on that fact, but what can you do? The management is not going to open it just because a family from the midwest is here, and their son really wants to go and see it! That would have been nice, but that's absurd to expect that! I think that they sufficiently alleeved the problem with their solution (which again they didn't HAVE to do), how were they to know that your kid is afraid of dolls?

All in all, I think I agree with a PP that you were only LOOKING for negative things, as I"m sure that there were positive things that might have, or did happen, and you either were too focused on things not going your way, or trying to find something that didn't go your way.

BTW, how old is your son? If he's anything more than 2-3 years old....he needs to get a grip on reality!

JMHO!

Until next time,
John

OMG!

If that was a joke, I am soooo completely sorry for that last post (OY!) Aonther thing about me is that I tend to be impulsive!

Please accept this apology!

Until next time,
John

Who would you hate to be with here, the kid or the smelly parents? You know, there really is people like that out there!!!!!! :rotfl2:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I love it! Too funny, OP, thanks for the laugh. :goodvibes

How many time can you shoot one kid?

This also made me :rotfl: !

Thanks for the funnies, folks. :goodvibes

peacefulgirl said:
Who would you hate to be with here, the kid or the smelly parents? You know, there really is people like that out there!!!!!! :rotfl2:

Yep - I ended up in line behind one at CBR on a recent trip. You wouldn't believe the list of complaints she had!! You name it, she was mad about it. There was only one CM at the check in desk, so I had no choice but to stand there and listen to her until she was finished. When she finally stomped off in a huff, I headed towards the desk, she turns around, "And another thing!!" I stopped - she says, "YOU NEED TO GET SOMEONE TO FIX THE ICE MACHINE!! IT WAS OUT OF ICE THIS MORNING!!" I lost it at that point and couldn't help but laugh - then got real scared cause I just knew I was about to be blasted. She just glared at me though and stomps off.

When she got out of the building, the CM and I cracked up!! And as a bonus for sharing the moment with her so patiently, she upgraded our room!! :teeth:

Ned Land said:
This is our first trip and last trip ever to WDW. Here are the things that went wrong:

1. My son loves sports so we requested an All-Star sports room. When we checked-in we were told we were in Surfs Up. What’s that? We expected baseball or football or basketball. I told the lady that we were from the Midwest and surfing is not a sport where we live. I broke the news to my kid. He cried and was shot for the day. I demanded to speak to a manager. The manager said they only thing they could do was move us to All-Star Music. Good news! My kid loves top 40 music and rap. I gave the good news to him. The put us in the country western building. What? We hate country music. I broke the news to my kid. He cried some but was already shot for the day so he took it in stride.
2. On the first day we had a character breakfast reservation. We get to the restaurant and find out that the characters do not actually eat with you. They just walk around. $20 for eggs and hash browns and no special guest to eat it with? I broke the news to my kid. He cried and was shot for the day.
3. On day 2 we decided to go to Fantasmic. I had read somewhere that it is best to arrive early to get a good seat. We arrived a good 7 minutes before show time. It was packed and no seats anywhere. We must have picked a bad night. I broke the news to my kid. He cried and was shot for the day.
4. On day 3 we realized that we never received the free towel animals that everyone always talks about. I slipped housekeeping some loose change hoping she would get the hint. I thought if I called down to the front desk and asked for more towels that would help too. Well…we returned to our room after dinner, and at first I thought I saw the most beautiful handiwork…an ancient Egyptian pyramid made of terry cloth. I was dead wrong! It was just a bunch of towels stacked on the bed smallest to biggest. We got ripped off. My wife and I lied to our son about it being a special design just for him. However, by day 6 we could not restrain ourselves from showering any longer and slowly the building was demolished. My kid cried and was shot for the day.
5. On day 4 we went to the Magic Kingdom. We went to ride Timekeeper and it was closed. I knew my kid would not take this news well so we went to complain. They said that it is only open seasonally. Hoping to get some sort of perk, I lied and told the manager that we only came to Orlando to ride Timekeeper. He did not care and refused to give us a refund. They only thing he would do is give us a fast pass for It’s a Small World. My kid is afraid of dolls. I broke the news to him. He cried and was shot for the day.
6. On checking out on our last day, I looked over the bill. We spent way more that I could have ever imagined. I cried and was shot for the day!
You could have prevented much of this if you had actually read the boards ahead of time.

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: I was needing a good laugh today, thanks! :rotfl2: :rotfl2:
The sad part is; there are people like that! Yikes!!!!

I loved it OP! And the poster who asked how many times a kid can survive being shot... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
You silly people made my evening!

Too funny :rotfl2:

The sad part is some people really do act like that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter