One And Done! Our First And Last Trip To WDW...

Ned Land

Mouseketeer
This is our first trip and last trip ever to WDW. Here are the things that went wrong:

1. My son loves sports so we requested an All-Star sports room. When we checked-in we were told we were in Surfs Up. What’s that? We expected baseball or football or basketball. I told the lady that we were from the Midwest and surfing is not a sport where we live. I broke the news to my kid. He cried and was shot for the day. I demanded to speak to a manager. The manager said they only thing they could do was move us to All-Star Music. Good news! My kid loves top 40 music and rap. I gave the good news to him. The put us in the country western building. What? We hate country music. I broke the news to my kid. He cried some but was already shot for the day so he took it in stride.
2. On the first day we had a character breakfast reservation. We get to the restaurant and find out that the characters do not actually eat with you. They just walk around. $20 for eggs and hash browns and no special guest to eat it with? I broke the news to my kid. He cried and was shot for the day.
3. On day 2 we decided to go to Fantasmic. I had read somewhere that it is best to arrive early to get a good seat. We arrived a good 7 minutes before show time. It was packed and no seats anywhere. We must have picked a bad night. I broke the news to my kid. He cried and was shot for the day.
4. On day 3 we realized that we never received the free towel animals that everyone always talks about. I slipped housekeeping some loose change hoping she would get the hint. I thought if I called down to the front desk and asked for more towels that would help too. Well…we returned to our room after dinner, and at first I thought I saw the most beautiful handiwork…an ancient Egyptian pyramid made of terry cloth. I was dead wrong! It was just a bunch of towels stacked on the bed smallest to biggest. We got ripped off. My wife and I lied to our son about it being a special design just for him. However, by day 6 we could not restrain ourselves from showering any longer and slowly the building was demolished. My kid cried and was shot for the day.
5. On day 4 we went to the Magic Kingdom. We went to ride Timekeeper and it was closed. I knew my kid would not take this news well so we went to complain. They said that it is only open seasonally. Hoping to get some sort of perk, I lied and told the manager that we only came to Orlando to ride Timekeeper. He did not care and refused to give us a refund. They only thing he would do is give us a fast pass for It’s a Small World. My kid is afraid of dolls. I broke the news to him. He cried and was shot for the day.
6. On checking out on our last day, I looked over the bill. We spent way more that I could have ever imagined. I cried and was shot for the day!

How old is your child? I would never let these things ruin my vacation. Kid sounds ungrateful, if you ask me.

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

What? No ME complaints, no pool hopping day, no mention of the mug you bought in 2001 from eBay that you expected to use to get your Frozen Coke, only to find out that the machine was broken????

Thanks a lot... you made me cry and now my day is shot! :earboy2:

Wow, I can not believe nothing POSITIVE ever happened on your whole trip...... :confused3 Maybe you are focusing on the negative too much

COME ON GUYS....THE OP IS A TROLL!

Just ignore him and he'll go away........

jjan--loved your post! That's why kids today are so screwed up--their parents don't know how to take anything in stride and are always looking to get something for nothing. How about teaching our kids that stuff happens that sometimes is out of our control? Get a grip!! I bet the parents of the boy who died on Mission Space would love to have this guy's problems!!

It's a joke post....they don't have fastpasses for Small World.

Ned Land said:
This is our first trip and last trip ever to WDW. Here are the things that went wrong:

1. My son loves sports so we requested an All-Star sports room. When we checked-in we were told we were in Surfs Up. What’s that? We expected baseball or football or basketball. I told the lady that we were from the Midwest and surfing is not a sport where we live. I broke the news to my kid. He cried and was shot for the day. I demanded to speak to a manager. The manager said they only thing they could do was move us to All-Star Music. Good news! My kid loves top 40 music and rap. I gave the good news to him. The put us in the country western building. What? We hate country music. I broke the news to my kid. He cried some but was already shot for the day so he took it in stride.
2. On the first day we had a character breakfast reservation. We get to the restaurant and find out that the characters do not actually eat with you. They just walk around. $20 for eggs and hash browns and no special guest to eat it with? I broke the news to my kid. He cried and was shot for the day.
3. On day 2 we decided to go to Fantasmic. I had read somewhere that it is best to arrive early to get a good seat. We arrived a good 7 minutes before show time. It was packed and no seats anywhere. We must have picked a bad night. I broke the news to my kid. He cried and was shot for the day.
4. On day 3 we realized that we never received the free towel animals that everyone always talks about. I slipped housekeeping some loose change hoping she would get the hint. I thought if I called down to the front desk and asked for more towels that would help too. Well…we returned to our room after dinner, and at first I thought I saw the most beautiful handiwork…an ancient Egyptian pyramid made of terry cloth. I was dead wrong! It was just a bunch of towels stacked on the bed smallest to biggest. We got ripped off. My wife and I lied to our son about it being a special design just for him. However, by day 6 we could not restrain ourselves from showering any longer and slowly the building was demolished. My kid cried and was shot for the day.
5. On day 4 we went to the Magic Kingdom. We went to ride Timekeeper and it was closed. I knew my kid would not take this news well so we went to complain. They said that it is only open seasonally. Hoping to get some sort of perk, I lied and told the manager that we only came to Orlando to ride Timekeeper. He did not care and refused to give us a refund. They only thing he would do is give us a fast pass for It’s a Small World. My kid is afraid of dolls. I broke the news to him. He cried and was shot for the day.
6. On checking out on our last day, I looked over the bill. We spent way more that I could have ever imagined. I cried and was shot for the day!

Ned,

Was this your September trip or the one you plan on taking soon? :scratchin

well now I think we're going to cancel our trip, after that review my hopes are shot ;) :rotfl: :teeth:

P.S. It's sarcasm y'all

It's so blatantly tongue in cheek; I loved it. :rotfl: Poster has an awful lot of posts to be just a newbie; don't you think? ;)

Thanks for the laugh. :rotfl:

Unfortunately, those who (whom?) you are trying to reach won't get it! :confused3

Ned Land said:

Sorry, I apologize. I thought you were serious. Good job. You tricked me AND made me laugh! :rotfl:

Ned Land said:

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Very funny! I always cry the last day of vacation too ;).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter