On the 2013-2014 Armed Forces Salute Watch!!!

Read through the whole thread today (which is awesome, TY to all the contributors) & I'm pretty sure I understand how the RO discount works; but just for clarification purposes (& my sanity) I'm going to ask this question.

It seems as if all room type (except AoA) are eligible for the AFS discount, though there seems to be limited availablity for certain room types depending on your travel days. So with that in mind, how difficult (or easy) would it be to book 8nts for mid-Sept at WL in a DLX-CL room (there's 5 of us & the dlx-cl room rack rate is cheaper than 2 std rooms) w/the AFS 40% off discount?? If i've been reading this thread right, it shoudn't be hard at all, right??

It really just depends on the availability. You'd have to call and see if it's available for your dates. I do know that it's pretty rare for the deluxe CL rooms at WL to be available under discount, but it does happen! (I see that someone recently got it under the new GP discount).

Your best bet would be to call and ask for your specific dates. Good luck!!! :wizard:

It seems as if all room type (except AoA) are eligible for the AFS discount, though there seems to be limited availablity for certain room types depending on your travel days. So with that in mind, how difficult (or easy) would it be to book 8nts for mid-Sept at WL in a DLX-CL room (there's 5 of us & the dlx-cl room rack rate is cheaper than 2 std rooms) w/the AFS 40% off discount?? If i've been reading this thread right, it shoudn't be hard at all, right??[/QUOTE]

I have been told indirectly from several CM that the Std rooms at the Beach Club were not to be discounted, or at least during the time we were looking. I had a RO Garden View and was on the phone right as it opened to apply the discount and they were gone or not available for my time in June 2014. We were both very surprised as it was so far away and gone as soon as the day started. Still trying on a daily basis, however! :confused3

It seems as if all room type (except AoA) are eligible for the AFS discount, though there seems to be limited availablity for certain room types depending on your travel days. So with that in mind, how difficult (or easy) would it be to book 8nts for mid-Sept at WL in a DLX-CL room (there's 5 of us & the dlx-cl room rack rate is cheaper than 2 std rooms) w/the AFS 40% off discount?? If i've been reading this thread right, it shoudn't be hard at all, right??

I have been told indirectly from several CM that the Std rooms at the Beach Club were not to be discounted, or at least during the time we were looking. I had a RO Garden View and was on the phone right as it opened to apply the discount and they were gone or not available for my time in June 2014. We were both very surprised as it was so far away and gone as soon as the day started. Still trying on a daily basis, however! :confused3[/QUOTE]

BC is reported to be undergoing refurb next year. There may be alot of rooms out of inventory because of that. That may be the reason for the lack of rooms available there. :goodvibes

I have salute tickets that I linked last week. No problems, they show up in my reservations list.

Were you able to link your tickets that you bought at your local MWR office ahead of time? Do you get your actual tickets or are they more like vouchers you have to exchange when you get there? A CM told me over the phone about a month ago) that I couldn't link them until we were there and they were activated so I was just going to wait and get them at SOG. If that's not the case I'll get them today! Thanks! :goodvibes

I'm sorry if this has already been answered somewhere- I haven't been able to find it.

Were you able to link your tickets that you bought at your local MWR office ahead of time? Do you get your actual tickets or are they more like vouchers you have to exchange when you get there? A CM told me over the phone about a month ago) that I couldn't link them until we were there and they were activated so I was just going to wait and get them at SOG. If that's not the case I'll get them today! Thanks! :goodvibes

I'm sorry if this has already been answered somewhere- I haven't been able to find it.

The problem, I believe will be that any ticket purchased on base [even if linked] will be exchanged for a different RFID ticket [with a different number] once at Disney.

The on base tickets are no longer just activated and kept.

The problem, I believe will be that any ticket purchased on base [even if linked] will be exchanged for a different RFID ticket [with a different number] once at Disney.

The on base tickets are no longer just activated and kept.

Is this true just for the salute tickets or for all tickets bought on base? We bought the regular 7 day, park hopper tickets sold on base. They have the green background with characters that others have described as the current Disney issued tickets. Will we have to exchange these or are they ready to use?

Is this true just for the salute tickets or for all tickets bought on base? We bought the regular 7 day, park hopper tickets sold on base. They have the green background with characters that others have described as the current Disney issued tickets. Will we have to exchange these or are they ready to use?

Hi Sandysbuddy, it is just the Disney Armed Forces Salute TIckets, the ones with the green background are the new RFID tickets and they are ready for use. Linking them in MDE will be no problem!

I am afraid I wasn't clear about the tickets. They are "old" 2013 tickets with extra days that have already been activated.

I am afraid I wasn't clear about the tickets. They are "old" 2013 tickets with extra days that have already been activated.

Oh, well then being active you can link them. Awesome!:cool1:

Steve, I have a question...we're going in Jul/Aug 2014, and so far, are booked at CR with the 40% discount. However, since we're staying or 10 days, we'll be buying our tickets at Shades of Green (can't get the 10 day tickets at our ITT office).

Guess we're completely locked of any advance planning with MDE, right?

Steve, I have a question...we're going in Jul/Aug 2014, and so far, are booked at CR with the 40% discount. However, since we're staying or 10 days, we'll be buying our tickets at Shades of Green (can't get the 10 day tickets at our ITT office).

Guess we're completely locked of any advance planning with MDE, right?

Yes, it seems so, frustrating I know. Any chance they will order them for you?

I've got the same problem, for our upcoming vacation. Three in my party will be using the AFS tickets so I can't get them FP+ (But I can for me with my FL Seasonal pass).

WDW will have to figure a way to solve this. One way would be for WDW reservations to advise the system that a guest is military and then MDE would allow you to make your FP+ with out linking tickets till later.

My husband and I will be there next month but have 7 day PHs already. My stepson and girlfriend will be there for a few days. Can we buy them the military tickets since we will be there to purchase and activate even though neither of us will use one? Sorry, I am in my phone and was not able to thoroughly look through all the history :(

Disney's rules, yes one of you would need a salute ticket too. But you may find a sympathetic cast member.

So I am active duty and so is my husband and we have always gotten my little sister a ticket since we are season pass holders! I did verify what the previous poster just said, rules state that the service member must be using one... I never knew this and never had a problem, I purchase them from our local it office and active at guest services. Wonder if it's because I'm a pass holder??

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Thanks for the replies :) Steve, I feel a bit like a cyber stalker after hunting you down on here and Facebook LOL, but sincerely appreciate your info!!

So I am active duty and so is my husband and we have always gotten my little sister a ticket since we are season pass holders! I did verify what the previous poster just said, rules state that the service member must be using one... I never knew this and never had a problem, I purchase them from our local it office and active at guest services. Wonder if it's because I'm a pass holder??

I don't believe this rule is ever inforced if the Service Member is actually there with ID.

I have activated tickets for my brother and my nephews multiple times at Guest Services at Downtown Disney and at the gate at MK with no trouble at all.

I think the intent of the rule is to make sure the Member or Spouse is there to enjoy the park with them.... not for the service member to just buy them for friends and family to use on their own.

Again - have never had any problem doing this....

Side note - every CM I have ever worked with has been as friendly and as helpful as possible when we have activated our AFS tickets over the years.

The first year we went with my parents. They bought regular tickets at a discount through the base office while my family and my younger brother used the AFS tickets. When we activated our tickets at the gate at MK my parents noticed their tickets had not been loaded onto their KTTW card when we checked into Pop Century. We thought we were going to have to go back to Pop to track the tickets down. My Mom was very upset because she wanted to see the kids go in and see MK for the first time ever. The CM that was helping us activate our tickets heard my Mom tell me this and called her manager over right away. They loaded complimentary tickets onto my parents KTTW card right then and there no questions asked and told my Mom to keep the other tickets for a future trip. They turned a bad situation into a perfect situation without us even asking. :thumbsup2

Hi, passholders are an exception to the member needing to have their own Disney Armed Forces Salute ticket:cool1:

Just curious, were you able to book the deluxe club level room at the wilderness lodge?? we are looking to stay there in december if they renew the discount. TIA!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter