On the 2013-2014 Armed Forces Salute Watch!!!

I should probably add that my parents are staying 5d 4n and we are staying 8d 7n.
So the other dilemma is where can I find the cost of the park tickets? I only see the 4 day tickets nothing beyond that.

The Armed Forces Salute tickets are only offered in 4 day tickets. From what I understand each military family is allowed 6 (or more for families with more dependent children) per year of the AFS. So 6 for 2012-2013. Then 6 more for the 2013-2014 fiscal year.

Also, if I understand correctly the room discount can be used multiple times, so even if you run out of your permitted number of tickets for the year, you can still book the room discount and just buy regular priced tickets from Disney or use a ticket broker like Undercover Tourist.

I should probably add that my parents are staying 5d 4n and we are staying 8d 7n.
So the other dilemma is where can I find the cost of the park tickets? I only see the 4 day tickets nothing beyond that.

Yes keep trying, as there will be cancellations.

From what I've heard today, the ratio is odd this time around. There seem to be less mil discounts on room types they will have no problem selling. For example not many Poly garden view but no problem getting the more expensive lagoon view (this is the example I was given). ANd there have been some room types (mermaid) which initially were discounted but now can't be. Disney says they are working that.

You can get longer length Regular Military Discounted Magic Your Way tickets through Shades of Green or your base ticket office.

I forgot all about those tickets! LOL! That's why you're the expert! :worship:

I know, the saultes have been going on for so long they are off the radar. I get SO many quirky questions and often have to tell people these exist.

Aha the good old days, nothing but these tickets and Shades...

Has anyone been able to add the AFS discount to a room at POR or AOA for the first week of December? We have 3 kids so would prefer POR. They are showing no availability for the discount. The CM also checked the family suites at AOA for me and there is no availability there either. Hoping that something opens up or we will be going back to our offsite plan!

We talked to them a few nights ago about the POR. The AFS discount was good only for the Royal Rooms (the princess ones) but that was in November... just FYI.

We talked to them a few nights ago about the POR. The AFS discount was good only for the Royal Rooms (the princess ones) but that was in November... just FYI.

Thanks for letting me know. I am going to try to add the RO discount if it does come out next week and applies while we are there. I guess I will just keep trying for the military discount between now and when we go.

I wasn't sure if it only applied to the Royal Rooms or if those were the only rooms currently available to be booked.

Thanks for letting me know. I am going to try to add the RO discount if it does come out next week and applies while we are there. I guess I will just keep trying for the military discount between now and when we go.

I wasn't sure if it only applied to the Royal Rooms or if those were the only rooms currently available to be booked.

We have POR alligator bayou booked for a family of 5 Christmas week. We've always managed to snag it....but it books very quickly. I was on the phone within minutes of Steve's announcement.

Steve, any insight into what Universal will do? Thanks.

No, sorry. They have never been to responsive to me. That last one was out of the blue.

But since they offered the free mil member ticket for 6 months this year plus the 3 for 2 ticket for guests, their attendance surge from Harry potter mush have peaked. Perhaps after the summer.

i will reach out to them.

Official from the WDW Reservations Dept...

Little Mermaid rooms are excluded from the Disney Armed Forces Salute room discounts. :-(

We are experiencing the same issue. We have 2 POR rooms reserved but when my TA called to get the AFS discount he wasn't able to--said they already sold out on those discounts at POR. So bummed out!! My daughter is dancing in the Christmas parade and we already have flights so our travel dates can't be changed. We were offered rooms at 2 deluxes which are way out of our price range. I'm really hoping something opens up for us with room only or something. I'm so disheartened!

Has anyone been able to add the AFS discount to a room at POR or AOA for the first week of December? We have 3 kids so would prefer POR. They are showing no availability for the discount. The CM also checked the family suites at AOA for me and there is no availability there either. Hoping that something opens up or we will be going back to our offsite plan!

We are experiencing the same issue. We have 2 POR rooms reserved but when my TA called to get the AFS discount he wasn't able to--said they already sold out on those discounts at POR. So bummed out!! My daughter is dancing in the Christmas parade and we already have flights so our travel dates can't be changed. We were offered rooms at 2 deluxes which are way out of our price range. I'm really hoping something opens up for us with room only or something. I'm so disheartened!

It is frustrating. I tried again yesterday after I realized our first night is blocked from the AFS discount. However, they still didn't have anything for 12/1-12/7. I will keep trying and look for a RO discount if we can't get the AFS discount applied. We currently have a condo reserved at Windsor Hills that can be cancelled up until 60 days out. If I can't find a discount before then, we will be staying offsite. The condo is cheaper, with more space and a washer and dryer, but I am afraid we will really miss staying onsite!

I just had an interesting call trying to modify my June 14 reservation at the Beach Club using the military discount. I currently have a Lagoon/Pool room and have been trying to change it to a Garden Level. She said it was available but only as a room only with the discount; it wouldn't allow her to add the dining plan. Has anyone heard of this? I thought you could add the dining plan to any reservation as long as it was a WDW resort.

I just had an interesting call trying to modify my June 14 reservation at the Beach Club using the military discount. I currently have a Lagoon/Pool room and have been trying to change it to a Garden Level. She said it was available but only as a room only with the discount; it wouldn't allow her to add the dining plan. Has anyone heard of this? I thought you could add the dining plan to any reservation as long as it was a WDW resort.

You should be able to add the DDP to a military room only. Not sure what the problem is. :confused3

Maybe call back and speak with another CM. :goodvibes

Thank you so much Mousemommy1, you are the best! After two hours of waiting and discussing with the CM I will make another cup of coffee and try again. She was the nicest person and so helpful, I just didn't think she had it right. Fingers crossed!:wave2:

Thank you so much Mousemommy1, you are the best! After two hours of waiting and discussing with the CM I will make another cup of coffee and try again. She was the nicest person and so helpful, I just didn't think she had it right. Fingers crossed!:wave2:

Make sure they are giving you the military discount....and let the CM know ahead of time that you want to book DDP. It's the difference between a package reservation and a room only reservation and those are in two different systems.

If the CM was in the system for room only reservations, she would not have been able to do the package. Just give the heads up of what you want when you get the CM on the phone. That way the CM will open up the correct system.

Good luck!! :goodvibes

That makes so much sense on how the sequence happened. Even though our current reservation is a package with DDP, it sounds like she was in the wrong system. Thank you again!::yes::

Read through the whole thread today (which is awesome, TY to all the contributors) & I'm pretty sure I understand how the RO discount works; but just for clarification purposes (& my sanity) I'm going to ask this question.

It seems as if all room type (except AoA) are eligible for the AFS discount, though there seems to be limited availablity for certain room types depending on your travel days. So with that in mind, how difficult (or easy) would it be to book 8nts for mid-Sept at WL in a DLX-CL room (there's 5 of us & the dlx-cl room rack rate is cheaper than 2 std rooms) w/the AFS 40% off discount?? If i've been reading this thread right, it shoudn't be hard at all, right??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter