On site or Off site?

Do you only stay on-site at WDW?

• Yes! The extra cost is more than worth it!

• No! They money we save is worth being further away.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Chicago526

<font color=red>Any dream will do...<br><font colo
Just curious, how many will only stay on site? I will only book a Disney hotel. To me, the extra cost is worth being on property, with the transportation and the atmosphere of the resort. I know other's feel that the money saved off site is worth the extra travel time to the parks, but I wanted to get an idea of what the numbers are!

Definitely On-site-Gotta have the magic 24/7! Two summers ago we stayed at Horizons by Marriott in a 2 Bedroom Villa which was beautiful. It is right near Sea World. The resort itself was great too-great Pirate Ship Pool, activities,etc., but myDH and I still felt something was missing by not being in that Disney atmosphere for all of our stay. My DH also is in love with Disney Transportation as opposed to having to drive everywhere on vacation!

we prefer to stay on-site when we go to disney as well...the transportation, convenience and atmosphere provided while staying on-site are the big draws for us. dollar for dollar, you can probably get more "room" for your money off-site if you have a larger group and prefer a suite or condo, but, we only have 3 in our group and we are also a "parks" family, so the size and luxury of accomadations are not that important to us; being close to everything is..

Offsite, almost always. We normally just use the hotel room for breakfast, sometimes dinner, and offsite we can get a condo with full kitchen for what you pay for for cheap Disney room (without discount). I'm also not a big fan of the transportation, unless you're stayign at a monorail hotel. I've been left waiting for busses far too long to think it is worth it; I'm not willing to give up an hour before a park and an hour after just getting to my hotel.
Offsite, I can rent a car for a week for just about what you pay for a transfer to a Disney hotel, and get to any park or hotel in 10-15 minutes. No worries about PS's, closing times, or getting jammed into a bus full of sardines.
Give me my air conditioned car, with cooler full of cold drinks waiting for me anytime.:D

How about an other option for both!

I like them both for different reasons.

Many offsite locations are as quick as being onsite. You get so much more for your money staying off-site. Even when we stayed on-site we still drove if we had a car. It was much quicker than using bus transportation!

However, I love the Disney magic that surrounds the Disney resorts. Staying at one of the monorail resorts or one of the MGM/Epcot resorts is extra special!

Teresa

Can't choose just one.

Villa rental for extended family for a long stay.

Inexpensive off-site hotel for quick low budget trip.

On-site for a planned paid for in advance vacation.

Love having options though.

We have stayed off site several times. We have also stayed at the Dixie Landings Resort. After going this past February I will only stay onsite from now on. Staying onsite is sooooooooo much better it is DISNEY MAGIC 24/7. We just bought into the Saratoga Springs Resort through DVC now we can have the condo lifestyle in the Disney setting. Can't wait for our first trip home in January.:earsboy: :earsboy: :earsboy: :earsboy:

We have stayed both on and off site.

I will only stay onsite if EE/EMH is offered.
If Disney sees fit to drop EE/EMH again - I will stay offsite.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter