OMG

Neapolitan Ice Cream

DIS Veteran
Was just watching this on TV...

A woman, 650 pounds, bed-bound for over 4 years, husband who shoved food down her throat at will... she got professional help but insulted therapists and dieticians who were sent to her house and turned them all away. Basically she was holding out for surgery but every doctor had told her this was something SHE needed to do, just sit up! She basically made zero effort, was incredibly rude to those who tried to help her and ruined her husband's life which sadly ended from Covid a few months back.

She's gonna kill herself with food.

To be continued :(

I've been watching this series for quite a while. The woman you are describing was the only one I ever saw that acted the way she did toward those who wanted to help her. She did not want to face the truth or doing anything to help herself. It's a very sad story.

I posted this earlier. But the heart association really wants folks getting a minimum of 150 minutes of moderate cardio a week. For example, walk 30 minutes on a treadmill going at least 2.5 mph.

It's sad when people eat themselves to immobility.

I know the show/episodes you're referring to.
I believe the man wasn't her husband, not that it matters now.
He approached her in a supermarket a few years ago,
when she was large but not bedridden & moved in soon after.
He became her enabler, which is tragic.

I've been watching this series for quite a while. The woman you are describing was the only one I ever saw that acted the way she did toward those who wanted to help her. She did not want to face the truth or doing anything to help herself. It's a very sad story.
Oh she wasn't the only one. Remember The Asanti Brothers? I couldn't stand that one guy!!! I know exactly the episode the OP is talking about and she made me sick!

I know the show/episodes you're referring to.
I believe the man wasn't her husband, not that it matters now.
He approached her in a supermarket a few years ago,
when she was large but not bedridden & moved in soon after.
He became her enabler, which is tragic.
Yep and I remember her telling the story and saying that she wasn't initially attracted to him.:oops:

I posted this earlier. But the heart association really wants folks getting a minimum of 150 minutes of moderate cardio a week. For example, walk 30 minutes on a treadmill going at least 2.5 mph.
I'm not sure who came up with that definition for "moderate cardio", but when I do my 30 min treadmill walk at 3.8 mph, I barely break a sweat (and I'm by NO means "in shape" unless you count 'round'). Maybe LIGHT cardio.

I've seen bits of this show before. It's almost morbid, watching someone gradually destroy themselves.

Off topic from the show, and on a brighter note....here's a short video about a former overweight internet bully who turned himself around:

What makes me really mad about these people is that eventually, they are going to probably need to get out of their house due to health reasons. So they call 911 and expect a crew of 2 average size people to move them. Then they have to call for backup and sometimes even 4-6 people can’t move them with an electric stretcher. And they get mad at the paramedics and (around here) VOLUNTEER firefighters who are risking their health to help them. There are many paramedics who have shortened careers because they have had to lift overweight people and damaged their backs. DS is a former paramedic and he has told us many stories about it.

Any of the reality shows are garbage in my opinion. I have no idea what makes people want to watch things like that dysfunctional group from the Jersey Shore. People that watch it have made them rich and the message is if you are like them you to can be rich.

My 600 pound doesn't glorify being that big it really shows how awful it is and what happens to those that cannot overcome their weight problem while there is still time. Those that don't die young and those that do have achievements to be proud of.

Last edited:
I'm not sure who came up with that definition for "moderate cardio", but when I do my 30 min treadmill walk at 3.8 mph, I barely break a sweat (and I'm by NO means "in shape" unless you count 'round'). Maybe LIGHT cardio.

You have to use a heart rate monitor to make sure you're getting close to 75% of your max and adjust your speed accordingly. Fitness levels are going to differ across the population. These are general guidelines.

Yeah, you're not doing anything if you're not raising your heart rate up.

I don't think I can walk normally that slow.

And this topic is nothing new. The show has been playing on TLC for almost as long as I can remember. It's the same every episode. To get approved for the surgery, they have to show they can lose weight first and every one of them gain weight. The ones who do lose weight, I'm thinking you just lost 60 lb. Keep doing that rather than surgery!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter