OMG! I am OBSESSED with DisBoards! Ahh - Support Group needed...

Well, I have managed to at least feed my kids and change a poopy diaper before logging on this morning. Oh and a cup of coffee for myself. But al beds are still unmade, DDS#3 is whining in his jumpy and :laundy: awaits.... :rolleyes:

:sad2: Thought we would be on the mountain skiing today by 11, but needless to say, that is not looking good! Oh what will I do when I have to go ack to work next week?? Aaaahhhhh!:sad:

Oh fun! There are new smiliies on the thingy there today! :scratchin IT IS A GOOD DAY!! ::yes::

That's perfect that this will be the first trip for the kids! That is what totally worked for me! Definitely have the channel on b/c that can only help. Another thing is that we always walked by the DVC desk in the lobby at the Poly and I would say things like "oh, she's waiting there just to talk to us ;)" Eventually DH actually did stop by the desk and talk to her. I'm sure they will have one in the AKL too! Another good thing is that you are staying at a deluxe resort. This was DH's first time at a deluxe and he really liked it which is one of the best things about the DVC, you have wonderful accomodations (make sure to mention that). My DH is still not crazy like I am about Disney, most times he goes just to humor me so it sounds like we have very similar situations! Let him know that if you do go over just to visit the DVC (no obligations) that the kids can go to the supervised play area and you both can sit down with a planner and have time to talk and think without interruptions. I will keep on spinning the wheels for any other ideas :) I will mention that we met with Mario and he was great and did not act like someone that was just in it for the sale, he offered great advice and explained everything very well. DH liked him a lot!

I think when it comes down to it he will freak because of the cost. And, he may not be thrilled with the idea of taking a Disney vacation every year or every other year either. But, I see lots of trips in our future because the kids will want to go back, so it will be three against one!! ;) I'll keep dropping hints and we'll see what happens!

Well, I have managed to at least feed my kids and change a poopy diaper before logging on this morning. Oh and a cup of coffee for myself. But al beds are still unmade, DDS#3 is whining in his jumpy and :laundy: awaits.... :rolleyes:

Umm, I'm not sure how long I've been on the computer - but the kids are still in their pj's and they've been playing Playstation for a really long time! I guess I need to be a responsible mom and make some lunch...sigh...:sad2:

:idea: Hmm, this will be the first trip for the kids - DS's 5 and 7 - and I'm sure they will love it - so that might help! We're staying at AKL, so I will look for a DVC channel there and conveniently leave it on when we're in the room. He is not crazy about WDW and he's mostly going to humor me. But I know he is going to love AKL. This is our first stay at a deluxe resort (normally we are Motel 6 kinda people) so I'm sure he will be impressed. And if I just happen to acquire some DVC brochures I can leave them around the room in some obvious places. ;) Any other ideas? :upsidedow

Yeah, I have some thoughts. My husband isn't in love with family vacations, he says they are alot of work. (it's probably because we have had to be so frugal, and we've done camping) So, I plan the "big" once in a lifetime trip to disney!(we'd always stayed off site at his parents winter house and crammed the days so full the kids would be out by the time we left the park! Everybody was exhausted!) So anyways, we fly to disney(instead of drive 24 hours) and we stay at WL for 10 nights and have the free dining(of course something had to be inexpensive to off set the prices) and we had the ultimate park passes. We had a blast, to say the least! My husband said, he could do vacations like that. No stress of driving and he said he always hated having to drive back and forth. He loved having the entertainment at his door and the feeling that he could do whatever "he" wanted and everyone was happy and having fun!(he enjoyed watching the kids and me having fun) He didn't feel bad if he wanted to just hang out because I could just hop the boat and off to the park I went.(because he knows I am not big on going by myself and I don't care to drive, but here I didn't mind) Well on that trip he hung by the pool while I was doing nap duty reading a book.(that's a big sacrifice for someone who loves reading! Course I would have loved being out-I just made the best of it, but I found down time was good) So, my point is make the trip relaxing for him or tell him he can just do what he wants to do if you get a DVC(if its the truth) You see where I am going? The selling point is for him to destress, relax, feel like he has his own time. Also for my husband it was the dining plan, being able to eat what he wanted and snacks too without his wife giving him the "look" for spending too much money. I hope with this you can find something that will get your mind working for something that your husband would like as a seller.

I think when it comes down to it he will freak because of the cost. And, he may not be thrilled with the idea of taking a Disney vacation every year or every other year either. But, I see lots of trips in our future because the kids will want to go back, so it will be three against one!! ;) I'll keep dropping hints and we'll see what happens!

Damn Lunch:sad2:

Damn Kids :mad: :laughing: :laughing: :rotfl2:

Damn it that I HAVE to go back to work next week! Damn it that I will have to get dressed and shower on a daily basis again, actually leave the house everyday and return to the world as a functioning part of society! DAMN IT ALL! :scared1:
:eek: Why can't it be February vacation the DisBoards everyday?? :confused:

Damn it that I HAVE to go back to work next week! Damn it that I will have to get dressed and shower on a daily basis again, actually leave the house everyday and return to the world as a functioning part of society! DAMN IT ALL! :scared1:

Are you able to access the Dis at work? Remember we are just a click away to say hello during the day ;)

I know, these kids just keep crampin' my style! :rotfl:

Yeah, I have some thoughts. My husband isn't in love with family vacations, he says they are alot of work. (it's probably because we have had to be so frugal, and we've done camping) So, I plan the "big" once in a lifetime trip to disney!(we'd always stayed off site at his parents winter house and crammed the days so full the kids would be out by the time we left the park! Everybody was exhausted!) So anyways, we fly to disney(instead of drive 24 hours) and we stay at WL for 10 nights and have the free dining(of course something had to be inexpensive to off set the prices) and we had the ultimate park passes. We had a blast, to say the least! My husband said, he could do vacations like that. No stress of driving and he said he always hated having to drive back and forth. He loved having the entertainment at his door and the feeling that he could do whatever "he" wanted and everyone was happy and having fun!(he enjoyed watching the kids and me having fun) He didn't feel bad if he wanted to just hang out because I could just hop the boat and off to the park I went.(because he knows I am not big on going by myself and I don't care to drive, but here I didn't mind) Well on that trip he hung by the pool while I was doing nap duty reading a book.(that's a big sacrifice for someone who loves reading! Course I would have loved being out-I just made the best of it, but I found down time was good) So, my point is make the trip relaxing for him or tell him he can just do what he wants to do if you get a DVC(if its the truth) You see where I am going? The selling point is for him to destress, relax, feel like he has his own time. Also for my husband it was the dining plan, being able to eat what he wanted and snacks too without his wife giving him the "look" for spending too much money. I hope with this you can find something that will get your mind working for something that your husband would like as a seller.

Yes, our situation is similar. We are usually very frugal and we also camp, which we really enjoy. It is a splurge for us to go to Disney and stay at a deluxe (both prev trips were at a value). It's also a splurge to have the dining plan (prev trips we ate mostly CS or stuff we kept in the room). I'm hoping for him to enjoy this trip enough that we will be much more frequent visitors in the future and I'm doing a lot of planning with him in mind - keeping the trip as relaxing as possible. Thanks for the ideas! :)

I am stepping out of the closet. Yes, I, too, am a dis-aholic. Why can't they leave me alone!?!? :mad: I had to stop in the middle of this post to go sit at the table because DH cooked us breakfast! Horrible isn't it? I, too, haven't yet bathed or gotten dressed. I have important business. I am trying not to think of the withdrawl I will go through starting tomorrow. I have been off all week for Mardi Gras vacation and just feeding my addiction. When I go back, I won't be able to get on DIS!!! :sad1: My sister's constant rambling about Disboards made me curious to try it out. Now, my DH thinks I've joined a cult! When my sister and I get together - look out! There's almost nothing else we can talk about!!!! It's a sickness I know, but what better "dis"ease to have! :lmao: I love it here guys! Everyone is so helpful, and I've learned so much! I appreciate that there are others who love DW as much as I do. :hug: I am looking forward to our first full family vacation next February. A year is a long time to wait, but I have the Dis here to hold me over! :goodvibes

Why can't they leave me alone!?!? :mad: I had to stop in the middle of this post to go sit at the table because DH cooked us breakfast! Horrible isn't it? I, too, haven't yet bathed or gotten dressed. I have important business. - quote from Disneymom14

LOL! I feel that way too! Don't they realize how much time and energy we put into planning vacations!?! For them too!!! We have lots of work we are doing on these dis boards!!! LOL

BTW my husband cooks breakfast every Sunday too! The nerve of them to cook for us and then interupt us from the dis boards!(It was only me that asked for family meals.):rolleyes1

Why can't they leave me alone!?!? :mad: I had to stop in the middle of this post to go sit at the table because DH cooked us breakfast! Horrible isn't it? I, too, haven't yet bathed or gotten dressed. I have important business. - quote from Disneymom14

LOL! I feel that way too! Don't they realize how much time and energy we put into planning vacations!?! For them too!!! We have lots of work we are doing on these dis boards!!! LOL

BTW my husband cooks breakfast every Sunday too! The nerve of them to cook for us and then interupt us from the dis boards!(It was only me that asked for family meals.):rolleyes1

I see you found the smilies! ;) Please use them frequently! :) :) :) They are so much fun! :cool1: :rotfl2: :rotfl: :woohoo: :dance3: :cheer2:

DH stepped out, DS sleeping, DD playing quietly in her room!!!:cool1: Time for more DIS! AND lucky me got to watch WDW on the Travel Channel (which I conveniently? recorded) while I rocked my little one to sleep!!!! Now, I can use my time wisely reading disboards and when hubby comes back, I'll just pretend to be cleaning off this ridiculously messy computer desk. How can I sit at the computer desk and not check the disboards for all important information?!?! :rolleyes1

Now, I can use my time wisely reading disboards and when hubby comes back, I'll just pretend to be cleaning off this ridiculously messy computer desk. How can I sit at the computer desk and not check the disboards for all important information?!?! :rolleyes1

I pretend to be doing the bills - I quickly minimize the DIS window and open the Quickbooks program in another window - he always walks away when I'm doing "bills"! :rotfl:

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

I am so sorry I have been away ALL day! I know, I know, I am sorry I was away, too! I missed you all and missed the Dis! How dare I have a full day of family time skiing... How dare I get our last hoorah in for the week before we get back to school/work tomorrow!!??

Yikes!! :scared1: Its 11:38 PM!!! Damn it that I have to get back into a schedule. I will try my hardest to check in at work this week. Thank Goodness I donthave to work a full day tomorrow! I HAVE to shower tomorrow , I HAVE to function and be seen by others... :eek: :scared: :headache: :sad1:

:rolleyes1 :grouphug:

Hello Fellow Addicters! Just had to check in on the Dis this morning.

Glendalynn - Hope the withdrawal is going ok now that you're back at work!

I got a little disney fix on Friday by going to the Disney store. DD and I have the best time there!

Well, gotta run. DD needs her breakfast and then off to the store! See you around later today :)

Ever feel like you're dying of thirst but it's not water that you crave? That's how I felt today. I was so busy, but every time I had to get on the computer, I had to resist the urge to log on.:sad1: Thank you DH for bathing the kids tonight. Now, I can sneak and get a small fix. It's hard going from all day (off and on of course) to almost nothing. Oh well, we must go on. Hope your day back at work wasn't too bad! :goodvibes

Uh-oh! It's getting worse! I just bought a new vehicle tonight & it's a Ford Escape. My favorite thing about the vehicle? Calling it "S-cop-aye" of course (just like Dory!) :rotfl: Ok, ok, dorky I know, but you all are the only ones who would find it even mildly amusing. I can only imagine the looks I'll get at work when I say that! Cracks me up though! :lmao:

Hello, my name is Amy, and I'm a DIS board addict, lol :surfweb:

We aren't even going until April of 2008! LOL.. I just found these boards last week, and already I'm obsessed!

Seriously though, the DIS boards are great. I definitely have had lots of questions about our upcoming trip and so many have been kind enough to answer them.

Thanks everyone! :flower3:

I'm an addict too :blush: . For me it's not just the DIS but also TGM and anything else I can find about Disney :surfweb: . We were there in June and Nov 2006 and have trips planned for June and Nov 2007 :cool1: .

To think dh and I were searching Expedia last week to squeeze in a long weekend trip when the kids are off school in mid-March :rolleyes1

This week is going to be trouble though, dh is out of town - once the kids are off to school I'm home free :lmao: . I'm afraid I'm going to wear out my laptop from all the surfing since there is no one to answer to :rotfl2:

It was my dh's idea for DVC too :love: . He loves Disney just as much as I do but I'm the obsessive compulsive planner ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter