• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OMG! I am OBSESSED with DisBoards! Ahh - Support Group needed...

But only be cause I ws skiing with my kids and no where near a PC! LOL Not that I didn't think about it between trips at the magic carpet and extreme wipe outs with DS4 who is just learning to ski... ;)

Great Q's Bless7ings, I hope to check it out tomorrow. LOST is on and my time is limited. I unplugged the Laptop from the wall so I only had an alotted (bettery) time allowed. :wizard:

I will be checking in tomorrow to see who else needs "help" and wh is hooked!

I too planned that "once in a Lifetime" Disney vacation October 2005- A land And Sea Disney World and Cruise, and thought that was it til the kids were older, waaaay older, but I was hooked and we love dthe feeling we had when at WDW. So here we are and plan to visit The World every 2 or 3 years til the kids are older! And seeing that our youngest is only 4+ months, we have a few visits ahead of us!

We love the happy feeling we have when at WDW, and I feel the Dis Boards is a close as we can get to being there w/o actually being there. Besides the Disney (or should I say the Old Disney) Store! Something comes to mind about living vicariously.....:confused3

Try rehab! It seems so trendy nowadays. I guess we could call it :surfweb: D-hab here.

Try rehab! It seems so trendy nowadays. I guess we could call it :surfweb: D-hab here.

Yes, but only for 24 hrs at a time. And for as much as my DH would like my "primping" time,or bathroom time, to be decreased , I think (hope) he would hate for me to shave my head for the solution....:rotfl:

poor girl, I think I feel bad for her. But thats a whole other thread....;)

I am also an addict. Unfortunately, the problem has spread even beyond my computer. Now, I can't go to Wal-Mart or Dollar Tree without buying every Disney item that I see. And, my Disney crocs (and, of course, a pair for my DD) came in the mail yesterday. Of course, I bought my iron on transfer paper and t-shirts last night.

This addiction is really costing me money!

Add me to the Disney addiction! We just got back last week and I'm already planning an October trip. I never thought I would be like this with Disney. I still remember when DH and I went in 2003, I thought we may go again once we had kids but boy was I wrong. I couldn't stop planning and wanting to go at least once a year. I was in withdrawal last year b/c DD was born and she was just too young to take (although she was worth it :) ) Now that we took her this month and she loved it, we're set! I even talked DH into joining DVC which he never would consider before!

Ok, just checking in with my fellow addicts! :thumbsup2 :rotfl: I should be taking a shower, and getting ready for work, but where am I? Right here of course! :surfweb: :rotfl2: :rotfl: I might miss something. :hyper: I really need help! Do I really want it? Probably not. I am enjoying the madness I have created for myself. :rotfl::rotfl2: Carry on fellow addicts.....

I did just change my siggy!!!! A fellow Diser made it for me!!!! I LOVE IT! You are not crazy...just DA (Dis Addict :) :lmao:

I agree!!! My friend and I either begin or end each portion of our converstaions with "So I read on the DisBoards" all the time and a 3rd friend "yelled" at us that we are ruining her since she was chaning her pet food and said "Hey look a Hidden Mickey!" - and she claims to not even ike Disney!! LOL!

I, too, need a shower and to get dressed, and to finish my dishes and vac my LR. At least the kids are fed and dressed and I got one off to school on time!

Ive even started to post more! Wow. I love this place! LOL!

I even talked DH into joining DVC which he never would consider before!

How did you talk him into it? I need some tips and tricks for this - I'm dreaming of DVC at the new AKV!! But DH thinks I'm wayyyy off the deep end... :rolleyes:

Well, here I am again checking out dis boards to see what's going on! I almost mentioned in my last post that my infant is going to get used to nursing in front of the computer if I keep this up!

Lorimc,

I notice your the only one on this thread on right now. How do you add in the smilies?
That would be cool to know how.

Well, here I am again checking out dis boards to see what's going on! I almost mentioned in my last post that my infant is going to get used to nursing in front of the computer if I keep this up!

LOL I called it "Latch On Log ON" and I got VERY good at one handed typing! To this day my youngest (now 20 months) will easily fall asleep if I pull him into my lap while I "play" on the Disboards LOL!:rotfl2:

LOL I called it "Latch On Log ON" and I got VERY good at one handed typing! To this day my youngest (now 20 months) will easily fall asleep if I pull him into my lap while I "play" on the Disboards LOL!:rotfl2:

LOL, I will have to remember that! I am getting pretty good at typing with one hand, but I have a boppy, so I can pretty much prop him! LOL We get creative when we have to! My saying, "Where there is a will, there is a way"

BTW he is in bed now.... its school vacation.... the older kids are away, all the younger are sleeping. What will I do with my time?!?!? Will it squelch away on dis boards?!? LOL

Ok, where do I sign up. :rotfl2: I am so addicted that my DH thinks I need a DIS Intervention. :rotfl: I don't have a trip planned, but am enjoying riding along with others in their planning. Yes, I'm obsessed! :surfweb:

Hey it's nighttime here, and I still haven't showered. :scared1: Guess I ought to go do that. :rotfl2: :rotfl:

My husband is planning an intervention as well. :)

BTW he is in bed now.... its school vacation.... the older kids are away, all the younger are sleeping. What will I do with my time?!?!? Will it squelch away on dis boards?!? LOL

Thats my kind of girl! I am doin the same thing right now. Actually DS4mo is just waking up from a little snooze, I can hear himon the monitor and i am thinking , oh just a few more minutes, I still have to check on my other threads.... :guilty: :confused3 He can come watch me "play", until DH gets home, then I have to look like I have amounted to soemthing today!! :rotfl2:

How did you talk him into it? I need some tips and tricks for this - I'm dreaming of DVC at the new AKV!! But DH thinks I'm wayyyy off the deep end... :rolleyes:

I shouldn't take all of the credit! My DD who is around 11 months went on her first trip this month and she LOVED it!!! He was in amazement that she liked it so much. I had basically given up on DVC and then I kept finding him watching the DVC channel at the Poly. Then he said that he called and they would be picking us up to go over to Saratoga to talk about it. I was in complete shock because he was 100% against it for years! I would bring it up a lot and he would shoot it down before I could even give all of my reasons! I'm still quite shocked that he joined. I think we need to help you come up with a good ploy to get your DH onboard, what do you think!?

I shouldn't take all of the credit! My DD who is around 11 months went on her first trip this month and she LOVED it!!! He was in amazement that she liked it so much. I had basically given up on DVC and then I kept finding him watching the DVC channel at the Poly. Then he said that he called and they would be picking us up to go over to Saratoga to talk about it. I was in complete shock because he was 100% against it for years! I would bring it up a lot and he would shoot it down before I could even give all of my reasons! I'm still quite shocked that he joined. I think we need to help you come up with a good ploy to get your DH onboard, what do you think!?

:idea: Hmm, this will be the first trip for the kids - DS's 5 and 7 - and I'm sure they will love it - so that might help! We're staying at AKL, so I will look for a DVC channel there and conveniently leave it on when we're in the room. He is not crazy about WDW and he's mostly going to humor me. But I know he is going to love AKL. This is our first stay at a deluxe resort (normally we are Motel 6 kinda people) so I'm sure he will be impressed. And if I just happen to acquire some DVC brochures I can leave them around the room in some obvious places. ;) Any other ideas? :upsidedow

:idea: Hmm, this will be the first trip for the kids - DS's 5 and 7 - and I'm sure they will love it - so that might help! We're staying at AKL, so I will look for a DVC channel there and conveniently leave it on when we're in the room. He is not crazy about WDW and he's mostly going to humor me. But I know he is going to love AKL. This is our first stay at a deluxe resort (normally we are Motel 6 kinda people) so I'm sure he will be impressed. And if I just happen to acquire some DVC brochures I can leave them around the room in some obvious places. ;) Any other ideas? :upsidedow

That's perfect that this will be the first trip for the kids! That is what totally worked for me! Definitely have the channel on b/c that can only help. Another thing is that we always walked by the DVC desk in the lobby at the Poly and I would say things like "oh, she's waiting there just to talk to us ;)" Eventually DH actually did stop by the desk and talk to her. I'm sure they will have one in the AKL too! Another good thing is that you are staying at a deluxe resort. This was DH's first time at a deluxe and he really liked it which is one of the best things about the DVC, you have wonderful accomodations (make sure to mention that). My DH is still not crazy like I am about Disney, most times he goes just to humor me so it sounds like we have very similar situations! Let him know that if you do go over just to visit the DVC (no obligations) that the kids can go to the supervised play area and you both can sit down with a planner and have time to talk and think without interruptions. I will keep on spinning the wheels for any other ideas :) I will mention that we met with Mario and he was great and did not act like someone that was just in it for the sale, he offered great advice and explained everything very well. DH liked him a lot!

Thats my kind of girl! I am doin the same thing right now. Actually DS4mo is just waking up from a little snooze, I can hear himon the monitor and i am thinking , oh just a few more minutes, I still have to check on my other threads.... :guilty: :confused3 He can come watch me "play", until DH gets home, then I have to look like I have amounted to soemthing today!! :rotfl2:

LOL, I like this thread, it makes me laugh!

Your comment is so true!!!! The days we decide not to do much, it's a scramble to make it look like we accomplished something.......but this week when he has come home and looked at the house I just look at him and say, "I'm on vacation!". LOL

Someones got to teach me how to do those little faces. I would have some smiles rolling around and kicking on the ground! I also like the laundry one. With a 3 month old there's been plenty more!!!

LOL, I like this thread, it makes me laugh!

Your comment is so true!!!! The days we decide not to do much, it's a scramble to make it look like we accomplished something.......but this week when he has come home and looked at the house I just look at him and say, "I'm on vacation!". LOL

Someones got to teach me how to do those little faces. I would have some smiles rolling around and kicking on the ground! I also like the laundry one. With a 3 month old there's been plenty more!!!

You just need to click on the "Quote" button (with the pencil and paper on it). Once you do that, the Reply screen comes up and all those cute smilies are on the right. :) That is only a sample of them, and they move around ALOT! :crazy2: If you want all of them to choose from, just click on the white smilie at the top, and you will have a choice for ALL SMILIES. Click on that and then you will have a whole host to choose from. ;) :rotfl2: :rotfl: pixiedust: ::yes:: :grouphug: :hippie: :shamrock: Hope that helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter