OMG! I am OBSESSED with DisBoards! Ahh - Support Group needed...

omg I know how you feel trust me I seriously feel like I have been taken over by some sort of dis spirit. But let me tell you something the dis is awesome!

Still having Dis-drawls :rotfl2: , but its getting better.... I still drink out of my coffee every morning from my Endless Refills mug from wilderness Lodge ((even as we "speak")). I do this on a daily basis - trying to hang onto any little piece of our Disney tripo I have left! ;) I posted pictures from or trip on my myspace page yesterday to share with my friends and family and it made me just miss WDW that much more!!!

Thank goodness I have this week off (April Vacation for our school district) so I can try to ween myself from everything Disney... although I dont think it will( and hope it wont) work! I am a Dis-fanatic! :worship: But i know I am in great company and can think of far worse things to be obsessed with!! :surfweb: My family is getting sick and I am thinking that its going to cut into my DisBoards time! I am sitting on the side of the tub right now typing away while my 18month old's fever comes down!!! :surfweb:

Borderline crazy, but heis content and having a great time! ((until I turn the water off that is.....)) :wizard: Laundry has to get done, I feel like its taking my life over, it will be washed and dried, not sure about folded right away and doubt it will be deliveed to the right places. Yard work is done for now - raked what I could see of lawn on Saturday, but snow has since melted, I'l leave that for DH once he is feeling better.... Well, he tub is about ready to overflow, so I should probably get going. I will check back soon! :thumbsup2 :wave:

I completely agree that these boards are extremely addictive!!! I can't imagine how I got along for so long with out them now!!!!!:yay:

I am right there with all of you..totally...undeniably addicted.:surfweb:
I am just like the original poster...on school vacation and have been on and off all day. My DH isn't remotely a fan of Disney..isn't even going on the trip with the kids and me:sad2: but hey I have you guys :cool1: so its all good! He thinks I'm obsessed and uhhhhh I think he's right! I've waited 35 years to go to Disney and I plan on enjoying anything remotely associated with it. I even bought my stamps at the post office with the characters! So I'm feeling a group hug!!!:grouphug:

I am right there with all of you..totally...undeniably addicted.:surfweb:
I am just like the original poster...on school vacation and have been on and off all day. My DH isn't remotely a fan of Disney..isn't even going on the trip with the kids and me:sad2: but hey I have you guys :cool1: so its all good! He thinks I'm obsessed and uhhhhh I think he's right! I've waited 35 years to go to Disney and I plan on enjoying anything remotely associated with it. I even bought my stamps at the post office with the characters! So I'm feeling a group hug!!!:grouphug:

:worship: :surfweb: :worship: :wizard: :laundy:

GROUP HUG COMING YOUR WAY!

Good Morning out there!! :wave: Just checking :surfweb: in to get my daily Disney fix and see whats happening in Disney Addiction land!!?? I am having major Disney Withdrawls today - I am thinking about our next trip more and more, too bad it another 2+ years away... :headache: So I figured I would check in on the Dis Boards ((while at work)) and see whats new and what there are for interesting threads today!! How is everyone out there and whats new?? Anyone making new plans, just got back from a trip....??? Take care and Happy Dis-ing! :love:

I am so addicted to Disboards as well. In all the years we have been I can not believe this is the first time I have found this. It is an awesome site.

I am so addicted to Disboards as well. In all the years we have been I can not believe this is the first time I have found this. It is an awesome site.

:welcome:!! This is truely an addiction, but as I say - a great addiction! :goodvibes Ther are FAR worse things and shameful things in the world to be addicted to! I am glad my addiction is to The Dis!! :banana:

Count me in too, though I have been lurking rather than posting. But as our trip gets closer (not that close yet, but still) I have more specific questions so I started posting. My obsessive planning has gone into overdrive, lol!

Count me in too, though I have been lurking rather than posting. But as our trip gets closer (not that close yet, but still) I have more specific questions so I started posting. My obsessive planning has gone into overdrive, lol!

:welcome: to you as well! This is the best place to be to feed :mickeybar any Disney addiction and have questions answered too! I am always amazed by the wealth of knowledge folks on this board can provide! On everything from places to eat and stay at Disney, Daily schedules and plans, to baby names , handeling hyperactive toddlers and crazy in-laws!! You name it - we can solve it, or at least offer suggestions until we are blue in the face!! Best wishes and Keep It Magical! :wizard:

:disrocks:

I have been on a Dis kick lately. DH had surgery and while he recuperates I am having fun just surfing the boards. I think I've finally talked DH into oblivion because after days of my constant Disney banter (not that this is unusal for me anyway) DH said we should add on more points to our DVC. Mind you, we just did an add on a month ago. Hmmmm...maybe its the drugs he's taking, but you know, he's making perfect sense to me! ;) Maybe I should have him sign a few papers while the getting is good! :rotfl2: My housework is falling by the wayside. I have planned and replanned our next few vacations. I'm in need of a major fix!

:thumbsup2
I have been on a Dis kick lately. DH had surgery and while he recuperates I am having fun just surfing the boards. I think I've finally talked DH into oblivion because after days of my constant Disney banter (not that this is unusal for me anyway) DH said we should add on more points to our DVC. Mind you, we just did an add on a month ago. Hmmmm...maybe its the drugs he's taking, but you know, he's making perfect sense to me! ;) Maybe I should have him sign a few papers while the getting is good! :rotfl2: My housework is falling by the wayside. I have planned and replanned our next few vacations. I'm in need of a major fix!

Dont even tell me how bad your housework is suffering!!!! :laundy: Not because I am planing Disney, but because baseball/softball season is kicking my ace!!! Laundry is consuming; as is our mealtime routine! Cant rememeber thelast meal we had beofre 8PM... Just got home from a game and its now 8:16!! But it will all be over soon and so will school and I will be on summer vacation where I can plan, post, read and do things Disney here on The Dis!

ME TOO! ME TOO! I actually put myself on Dis restriction for 6 months after our last trip (May 2007). I posted a few things when I got back, but I had to leave cause it was too painful to hear everyone else's plans :rotfl:

Now I am seriously jonesing for WDW and DH is being very stubborn :sad2: If I mention a time to go back, he tacks on two years. No matter what! I try not to talk about it too much, but you guys know how hard it is!

I just want a time frame, people! Even if it's 2010...I neeeed to know when I 'm going back!

Sheesh! How hopeless am I?

Just checking in for my Daily Dis-fix... I seem to be on here a lot lately. :badpc: Not sure if its making things worse or better... But its still a funa nd magical place to be!?! :cloud9: :lovestruc :love: :rolleyes1

I actually put myself on Dis restriction for 6 months after our last trip (May 2007). I posted a few things when I got back, but I had to leave cause it was too painful to hear everyone else's plans :rotfl:

I know what you mean. I find I'm okay surfing the boards as long as I don't read the trip reports, otherwise I get a little crazy!

Just checking in for my Daily Dis-fix... I seem to be on here a lot lately. :badpc: Not sure if its making things worse or better... But its still a funa nd magical place to be!?! :cloud9: :lovestruc :love: :rolleyes1

I've been doing a lot with the boards lately too. Of course that is in between shuttling DS to his new job and his golf tournatments. Kinda makes it hard to fit in much in the way of chores. I've started the major planning for our upcoming trips (well...in the Fall and Winter), so its helping a little...and at the same time its stoking the fire of wanting to go back NOW! Double edged sword! :rotfl:

So my family got together for Memorial Day and talked about a family reunion and guess where my sister picked?.......

WDW!!!!:cool1: Which is weird because she doesnt really like Disney that much:confused3 But whatever...WE'RE GOING BACK!!

It's not until Fall 2009 but I have a trip to plan people and a grand gathering at that!!! So now I can totally justify my obsession ;)

Since 2004, 3 trips to DL, (25 days) 2 trips to WDW (18 days) and 3, 7 day disney cruises, now my dh says he needs a disney break! Can you imagine? So, I'm planning on an Adventure By disney, and I've booked a cruise for dec. 09 but my dh doesn't want to go until 2010 or 2011. However, it justifies me on the boards every day as I wait for the new dates and itineraries.

So my family got together for Memorial Day and talked about a family reunion and guess where my sister picked?.......

WDW!!!!:cool1: Which is weird because she doesnt really like Disney that much:confused3 But whatever...WE'RE GOING BACK!!

It's not until Fall 2009 but I have a trip to plan people and a grand gathering at that!!! So now I can totally justify my obsession ;)

You'll have a lot of fun with the GG. We did one two years ago and now have another booked for Christmas. Definitely call and get your grand gathering # assigned to your group as soon as your all booked with your hotel stays. ::yes::

HELLO EVERYONE!!!

I have been trying to avoid The Dis Boards these days because I find that it makes me want to go back sooo badly!! DS5d asked me the other day in a very frustrated tone - "I dont know why we just cant live at Wilderess Lodge!!??" With the economy being what it is, and only getting worse and prices still rising, DH and I have ecided to really crack down on our finances and debt reduction. We finally paid off our last WDW trip.... I know we will go back in two years or so, but it feels like FOREVER!!! :worried: :faint: I can't complain, we had an amazing time in April and can only look forward to bigger and brighter days!! Disney Days!! ::yes::

HELLO EVERYONE!!!

I have been trying to avoid The Dis Boards these days because I find that it makes me want to go back sooo badly!! DS5d asked me the other day in a very frustrated tone - "I dont know why we just cant live at Wilderess Lodge!!??" With the economy being what it is, and only getting worse and prices still rising, DH and I have ecided to really crack down on our finances and debt reduction. We finally paid off our last WDW trip.... I know we will go back in two years or so, but it feels like FOREVER!!! :worried: :faint: I can't complain, we had an amazing time in April and can only look forward to bigger and brighter days!! Disney Days!! ::yes::

Hi Grendalynn and others,

I haven't been on much lately either. Off and on, but not tons. And we have planned a Disney trip!:lovestruc Well the truth is we planned during free dining and had to table it till school was out so I could concentrate on schooling our kids and not being on disboards every spare moment!:laughing:

I was hoping some you could be honest with me and tell me what you think. Right Disney addicts!:rotfl2: We try to stay out of debt, so Grendalynns post caught my attention. We planned this when free dining came up and figured we would have time to decide if we changed our minds. Well a lots happened with the economy since. My husband came home one day and said they are predicting oil to be $7/gal next year. I said what, I am not paying that!:furious: This was all when the oil was about $3.50/gal and we know it has climbed! Well we talked. My husband wanted wood stove when we built our house over 20 years ago. By the way we live in Maine. We have survived the Ice Storm and other electrical outages!:banana: But if we do lose power we have no heat!:worried: That means frozen pipes too! So when he said $7/gal I said no way am I paying that! We can't afford too! The economy has gone up and up and his pay hasn't risen with the economy for years! And now this past year, his pay won't even come close to rectifying! But things are still comfortable right now.(not lots of extra, but comfortable - we don't splurge on a lot of extras that most people do - As I've told some I would rather splurge and go on vacation! My husband would rather have the blow money all the time when he feels like it then saving it for a big trip.) So any ways when we planned this trip it gets rather expensive with our large family! The amount is scary to me!!! But I justified it and said it will be paid for with $ and the back into the economy $(isn't that what we are supposed to do put it back into Disney, I mean the economy!:thumbsup2 ) Well anyways if we put a wood stove in we need to put a chimney in and lets just say I have good taste so it's not cheap for the chimney and woodstove.:eek: I have a dilema, now our trip is not paid for!(because we like to stay out of debt.) I just wondering what you all thought of this? I was wondering, I walk tenderly asking this board, but can we justify going to Disney and going into debt? I am almost afraid to push the send button, but I want to know what people think with Disney and the economy and staying out of debt?

btw we have always wanted a woodstove it was just the cost and we have another equally good reason for wanting one we don't like being dependent on the economy this seem like the most self sufficient way we can think of(without electricity and remember we live in Maine - the wood state! We would be cutting and splitting our own - $100/cord we already have a truck load coming, we just got to decide if we can do both? - Cold feet about Disney what's this world coming to!!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter