Old Magic Bands/Fastpass plus Loophole Closed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So even if the previous bands were set up "as a family" on a past trip, if I'm using them for my trip, I'll have to scan each individual bracelet to select 3 SDFP? Hmmm if so, I think it might be wise to not select headliners bc I'd be scared I wouldn't get all 4 within the same timeline. Anyone with experience to weigh in?
You scan them individually and then you select the FPs as a group.

Just because they are in an MDE doesn't mean the kiosk will read one and then group the rest in. Remember, tickets are not attached - the kiosk is reading the RFID.

You scan them individually and then you select the FPs as a group.

Just because they are in an MDE doesn't mean the kiosk will read one and then group the rest in. Remember, tickets are not attached - the kiosk is reading the RFID.

That's good to know! Thanks!

A few questions about this: would my 2 yr olds MB work for SMFP bookings at the kiosk? I know it wouldn't work ahead of time bc of no ticket media but you don't need that for SMFP, right?

Also, we are at a family suite at AoA, which can sleep up to 6 and a child in a pack n play. We will only have 3 adults, 1 kid (4 yrs), and a 2 yr old (could technically sleep in pnp, though he probably won't). Could I add 2 more "adults" - such as my husband who can't actually attend - to our reservation (MDE acct) without tickets, therefore getting 2 more free bands that could be used for SDFP? I'm thinking we could if we did a room only ressie. However we are doing room and dining so everyone in the "room" would have to purchase dining, right? For info purposes, we are getting tickets from an authorized reseller.

TIA!

My MDE has 4 sets of NE tickets. My wife and I are going to MK for 1 day during a conference (staying onsite). I know we can use our daughters' tickets to reserve extra FP+. Can we reserve these at 60 days if they are not on the reservation?

My MDE has 4 sets of NE tickets. My wife and I are going to MK for 1 day during a conference (staying onsite). I know we can use our daughters' tickets to reserve extra FP+. Can we reserve these at 60 days if they are not on the reservation?
Yes. First, schedule FPs for the complete group and then Modify for different experiences for you and your wife.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the info! Got a couple of questions.
First I have 6 people in my group and I have my reg MDE account w room, tix and FP attached. I also created another MDE w my DH email...
I bought 6 MB from the Disney Store. I have not attached them anywhere yet.
From what I am reading here, I should not add the new MB to the new MDE account but add/link them to my reg MDE under "phantom" names?
Once in the park, I head to a kiosk. It will ask my to scan my MB. Do I scan my reg band and if I do that will all real and phantom names come up? Will I just go to the phantom names and pick FP selections? Will I need to scan each extra MB? (I am assuming the phantom names will come up as traveling w me as I have prev entered the names and linked the bands before we leave home. ) I am feeling a little funny pulling out all 6 bands at the kiosk. As you might tell, I am worried about what will happen at the kiosk. lol
Thank you for your guidance! :worship:

Thanks for all the info! Got a couple of questions.
First I have 6 people in my group and I have my reg MDE account w room, tix and FP attached. I also created another MDE w my DH email...
I bought 6 MB from the Disney Store. I have not attached them anywhere yet.
From what I am reading here, I should not add the new MB to the new MDE account but add/link them to my reg MDE under "phantom" names?
Once in the park, I head to a kiosk. It will ask my to scan my MB. Do I scan my reg band and if I do that will all real and phantom names come up? Will I just go to the phantom names and pick FP selections? Will I need to scan each extra MB? (I am assuming the phantom names will come up as traveling w me as I have prev entered the names and linked the bands before we leave home. ) I am feeling a little funny pulling out all 6 bands at the kiosk. As you might tell, I am worried about what will happen at the kiosk. lol
Thank you for your guidance! :worship:
If this concept bothers you, link the new MBs to MDE #2.

Take all 6 MBs to the kiosk. It would be worse for you to use one MDE because you'll have 6 guests with prebooked FPs and then 6 phantoms who won't show up and then you'll be pulling out 6 MBs at the kiosk.

Guests who buy tickets at the park and then buy MBs in a shop will be walking up to kiosks with their MBs in hand. The kiosks read the RFID info.

We have hard tickets from guests that joined us this past January. Can I us the hard ticket at the kiosk or must it be a MB?

So, if I'm reading this thread correctly that means that when my family of 5 goes to Disney this summer and 2 members don't go to the park that day we can still take their bands are use them for FP + reservations?

So, if I'm reading this thread correctly that means that when my family of 5 goes to Disney this summer and 2 members don't go to the park that day we can still take their bands are use them for FP + reservations?
Yes; only at the FP lines of you have pre-booked FPs. If they don't have pre-booked FPs for that specific day, you can use them at a FP kiosk for a set of 3 SDFPs.

Does the concept of this bother anyone? Perhaps this is why some hate the use of Fastpass+ so much, it just seems kinda greedy and a form of entitlement for those who do this, I'm not trying to offend anyone it just seems like this is the opposite of sharing and an abuse of the fastpass system. Is this castmember approved? If so ignore this post:duck::tiptoe::oops: I should probably mind my own business.

Does the concept of this bother anyone? Perhaps this is why some hate the use of Fastpass+ so much, it just seems kinda greedy and a form of entitlement for those who do this, I'm not trying to offend anyone it just seems like this is the opposite of sharing and an abuse of the fastpass system. Is this castmember approved? If so ignore this post:duck::tiptoe::oops: I should probably mind my own business.
I guess the argument is that, if it was an issue, Disney would close the loophole...

so, what would stop someone from getting like a dozen magicbands for themselves and go up to the kiosk and get fastpasses on all the bands? This whole thing seems weird that it works

I have a huge problem with this. We have a ton of magicbands from all our other trips but I don't feel right taking too many FP. They make it 3 for a reason. There is so much negativity about people like myself using child swap with their children yet no one seems to have a problem with this?? Just seems greedy to me. But I believe in doing the right thing so I won't judge anyone who wants to hog some extra FP.

This. Just at the kiosks. A ticket entitlement is only required to PRE-BOOK fastpasses.

So you create an extra MDE account, buy MBs and link them.
Then you to go the park, with those "extra" MBs, and at the kiosk can make same day FP+? Just one at a time, or can you make all 3?

I have a huge problem with this. We have a ton of magicbands from all our other trips but I don't feel right taking too many FP.

Just to further clarify a difficult subject:
Most guests with multiple MBs from other trips, can't use them for "extra" FP, anyway.
If MBs were assigned to "John J" on trip 1, trip 2, trip 3 and Trip 4, "John J" has 4 MBs.
But, he can't book any additional FP+ by brining any or all of those MBs with him to the parks.
They are (basically) 4 "copies" of the same MB.
(Like owning 4 copies of the same key. They all only open the same lock.)

If the park opens at 9:00, they won't let you go to a kiosk before that time.

I know this is an old question, but just clarifying for others that I've been able to do this. I've used both the kiosks in Guest Relations right when entering the park (while DH went ahead with guests and got some quick pics for them on Main St.) and used the ones by Philharmagic en route to BOG before breakfast. At that one sometimes there's a CM wandering around there who tells you there's no one available to help you but if you know what you're doing they're not covered or anything and do work.

I know this is an old question, but just clarifying for others that I've been able to do this. I've used both the kiosks in Guest Relations right when entering the park (while DH went ahead with guests and got some quick pics for them on Main St.) and used the ones by Philharmagic en route to BOG before breakfast. At that one sometimes there's a CM wandering around there who tells you there's no one available to help you but if you know what you're doing they're not covered or anything and do work.
Thanks! CMs used to direct guests away from City Hall ~ they probably cut that position. ;) Good news for the SDFP people!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter