Old Magic Bands/Fastpass plus Loophole Closed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Following along. I have 4 magic bands that we used last May. They are linked to my account and assigned to my family members.

Exact same family members are going again this may. We will get new magic bands. We are from Canada so we won't see the new ones until we arrive at hotel.

I'm out of luck aren't I? Can't use the old ones to get 3 same day FP when we get to the parks?

Following along. I have 4 magic bands that we used last May. They are linked to my account and assigned to my family members.

Exact same family members are going again this may. We will get new magic bands. We are from Canada so we won't see the new ones until we arrive at hotel.

1. I'm out of luck aren't I?
2. Can't use the old ones to get 3 same day FP when we get to the parks?

1. If you mean for getting "extra FPs," then yup.
2. Nope.

And my old bands would provide that link ?
Yes, because they are linked to the initial members of your party and your new bands are linked to the same people. MBs are clones and provide the direct link to the MDE and all of its data.

This is so messed up.

If the loophole is still open when my next trip comes up, I'm totally doing it, though.

We are going in July and will have our magic bands to make FP+ at 60 days. My neighbor went last summer (4 people in her family). If I take her bands, can I get same day FP? Would I need access to her My Disney account? Or should I link her bands to a "dummy account" that I create? Just trying to figure this all out--thanks!

If I take her bands, can I get same day FP?
Yes. You don't need access to her MDE. Select what you want at the kiosk and take a photo of the FPs selected.

If you did want to link her MDE, just link it to your primary MDE. Your friend should Edit out all of her CC info just to keep that info secure before sharing her MDE.

Yes. You don't need access to her MDE. Select what you want at the kiosk and take a photo of the FPs selected.

If you did want to link her MDE, just link it to your primary MDE. Your friend should Edit out all of her CC info just to keep that info secure before sharing her MDE.

Great...thanks so much!!

My cousin and his 2 children are staying with us for a few days during the first part of our split stay, and as hotel guests will have MBs, but no tickets, parks etc. They're on my MDE account and will not being staying in our 2nd resort. I can use theirs for SDFP for the whole trip, right? No issues with them since they're on the same MDE, right?

This may be a silly question but we have never made SDFP. If I have 4 extra bands (sisters family from previous trip) and want to make the fast passes at the kiosk do I have to scan each band and make ride selections individually or can I scan all 4 bands and pick rides once for the group.

Yes. Take a photo of your selections before you leave the kiosk.

So even if the previous bands were set up "as a family" on a past trip, if I'm using them for my trip, I'll have to scan each individual bracelet to select 3 SDFP? Hmmm if so, I think it might be wise to not select headliners bc I'd be scared I wouldn't get all 4 within the same timeline. Anyone with experience to weigh in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter