Old Key West!

Boardwalk Inn does not have QS, and it's a hotel.

I wanted to add to what arminnie said. In all actuality the quick service is not bad. Granted it doesn't have the ton of choices that some of but the food is good. We have a joke in our family that people want to stick their hand out thier window and be able to fill up thier reusable cup. What it comes down to is you have to know what works for your family, not anyone else's. if most of the people on the dis saw how my family vacations at Disney they would hyperventilate. Fast passes are not even in our wheelhouse. We grab them as we go.

My point is, and I know I am repeating myself, do your research, go and enjoy!!!

But that's the problem. OKW is totally DVC, no hotel/cash section to the resort. So all the maintenance, staffing, operations costs are paid for by the owners at that resort.

Are you sure about this? I thought you can book directly through Disney?

We could have through Disney many years ago before we joined DVC. CRO offered us a "manager's special" at OKW when we booked POFQ. I remember the special was a really good price-knowing what we do now, we should have jumped on it.

Sure as I am an owner there. It is owned by DVC members except for the approx. 2% owned by DVC and the other points DVC has bought back through ROFR. When a member trades out for DCL or other Disney Collection, they have to sell the lodging equivalent through Disney Reservation Center to pay for that Disney Collection reservation. So the availability you see on DRC, is the points owned by DVC (their required percentage, the points taken back by Disney and the points traded by member for the Disney Collection. Points on their own don't have any value outside of booking DVC reservations.

Sure as I am an owner there. It is owned by DVC members except for the approx. 2% owned by DVC and the other points DVC has bought back through ROFR. When a member trades out for DCL or other Disney Collection, they have to sell the lodging equivalent through Disney Reservation Center to pay for that Disney Collection reservation. So the availability you see on DRC, is the points owned by DVC (their required percentage, the points taken back by Disney and the points traded by member for the Disney Collection. Points on their own don't have any value outside of booking DVC reservations.

We booked directly through the Disney website and paid cash. It was a great deal for AP/FR that far exceeded DVC rental equivalents.

I believe what they are alluding to is that many of the other DVC resorts share facilities with regular non-DVC resorts. So maintenance and facility costs are spread out, and people staying DVC can use the non-DVC facilities, like quick service. Both SSR and OKW are strictly DVC, including all facilities. So facilities and maintenance are dependent on DVC member dues and such. Yes, rooms can be rented with cash through Disney Reservations, but those rooms are a percentage that is allotted by DVC.

I believe what they are alluding to is that many of the other DVC resorts share facilities with regular non-DVC resorts. So maintenance and facility costs are spread out, and people staying DVC can use the non-DVC facilities, like quick service. Both SSR and OKW are strictly DVC, including all facilities. So facilities and maintenance are dependent on DVC member dues and such. Yes, rooms can be rented with cash through Disney Reservations, but those rooms are a percentage that is allotted by DVC.
Or the lodging representing the points a member used to trade outside of DVC into the Disney Collection.
hertamaniac said:
We booked directly through the Disney website and paid cash. It was a great deal for AP/FR that far exceeded DVC rental equivalents.
Yes, you did. The lodging you booked is owned by DVC members (or the very small portion owned by DVC as required by timeshare laws). Disney doesn't pay anything for upkeep at OKW. Members pay for all the wages, salaries, utilities, renovations, except for a very few events paid for by DVC Marketing. Like I said, probably a member traded out their OKW points for a Disney Collection vacation (like DCL or a Disney hotel room) and now DVC has to pay DCL or Disney hotels for that reservation. They take the points the member traded, convert them to lodging which they sell through Disney Reservation Center. You are treated like any other Disney guest who books through DRC, not like a DVC guest with limited services regarding housekeeping.

I am looking to see which buildings have the one bedroom villa's with the two doors to the bathroom. We just bought at OKW and are staying there for the first time Dec. 7th-14th. Our best friend is coming with us so we really need the two seperate entrances to the bathroom. Any help is greatly appreciated.

We stayed last month and absolutely loved it! We were in a studio and it was massive, I was so impressed :-)

I am looking to see which buildings have the one bedroom villa's with the two doors to the bathroom. We just bought at OKW and are staying there for the first time Dec. 7th-14th. Our best friend is coming with us so we really need the two seperate entrances to the bathroom. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I think buildings over 30 have the two doors. Here is the main thread for OKW if you have more questions:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/okw-lovers-thread-part-2.3113113/page-78#post-53668872

We had one on the first floor of building 47 that had the two doors to the bathroom. It was a long way from the HH, but close to a bus stop and a pool. Great golf course view of one of the holes.

We were in a 2 BR in May and I requested anything over building 30 as we needed the second entry to the bathroom because my son was staying in the living room and we didn't want to be woken by him going to the bathroom. They gave us a room in Turtle pond building 42 on the second floor. Worked great and was next to the pool and we had a tee box right off our balcony. Son and I played a round there on the first day. Loved the course.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter