Old Cabins to Be Removed, New DVC Cabins Coming To Fort Wilderness

bama_ed

It's kind of fun to do the impossible-Walt Disney
https://dvcfan.com/2023/04/20/disneys-fort-wilderness-cabins-are-becoming-dvc-properties/

Okey Dokey let's discuss. It's sort of like us losing our version of the Garden Wing of the Contemporary to have BLT built. They are replacing existing resort inventory and replacing it with DVC. For which they can charge more.

Read to the end of the article. Does this mean the old R*********s construction site down at Pioneer Hall won't be built on (yet)?

Bama Ed

PS - also already being discussed from the DVC angle on the DVC board. What about us from the Fort angle?

PPS - I hope I can snag a surplus kitchen table and chairs from our current cabins as a momento.

Last edited:
Bama_ed how many cabins are there at the fort already ? Is there 350 or maybe they are adding more to the new land ? I don't know yet how I feel. I love the campground and I know some of us have been worried they might take it away at some point but I guess they decided to do this to make more money. I just hope they don't end up taking away regular camping sites down the road to add more cabins to make even more money.

Bama_ed how many cabins are there at the fort already ? Is there 350 or maybe they are adding more to the new land ? I don't know yet how I feel. I love the campground and I know some of us have been worried they might take it away at some point but I guess they decided to do this to make more money. I just hope they don't end up taking away regular camping sites down the road to add more cabins to make even more money.

Per the resort info page here on the DIS, Ariel, 363 cabins currently at the Fort. https://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-resorts/fort-wilderness-resort-campground/

The article mentions "more than 350" new cabins so they might go in on the same footprint but maybe a little bigger, nicer, and room for another vehicle to park if space allows. And it's not an add-on as the article clearly says 'remove-and-replace'

Here is the concept cabin image from the article.

Rendering_The-Cabins-at-Disneys-Fort-Wilderness-Resort-%E2%80%93-A-Disney-Vacation-Club-Resort-2.jpg

This has me highly interested. I have a few years to start saving my pennies possibly.....

Bama Ed

PS - of course I don't think they will wipe out all the cabins at once - they will probably do a couple loops at a time.

Last edited:
there is a lot to unpack with that article. On the flip side we now have that eyesore that was to be Riverside. It does sound like they may abandon that idea but they ruined the beach and the foot path so I am like whatever it is still an eyesore. i would be interested to see how the sales go. If the points are cheap i see people using it to add on to existing contracts and not really stay in the cabins, thus leaving them available to book like a hotel stay.

I'm intrigued about this. I don't see myself ever buying DVC but I'd be tempted even as a local for the Fort Wilderness cabins. :D

I just hope that they make the main bed a king instead of a queen! :P Also, instead of a pull-out couch, make it a murphy bed like in Riviera and the other DVC resorts.

I'm intrigued about this. I don't see myself ever buying DVC but I'd be tempted even as a local for the Fort Wilderness cabins. :D

I just hope that they make the main bed a king instead of a queen! :P Also, instead of a pull-out couch, make it a murphy bed like in Riviera and the other DVC resorts.
Cabins already have Murphy beds; not sure if they all do, or just certain ones.

What is the occupamcy rates with the cabins? Is Disney not filling them up that well? The rates can be over the top, right?

It doesn’t say when the construction starts. I hope it continues be an eyesore when we’re there in June (in the cabins). I’m glad we’re going to experience once before it converts.

I disagree, for a family of 5 they have always been the best on site value
They’re not cheap but they’re certainly cheaper than an AoA suite and on par with AsM suite. It’s on the high end of a moderate but it’s cheaper than a deluxe for sure with way more room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter