• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OKW vs. BWV debate solved here!!

We have stayed at both resorts. I love OKW it is a wonderful resort. We own at BWV. The only reason why I would pick BWV over OKW is location, location, location!!!!!!!!!

I wish all these "OKW is great" posts had been more prevalent back in January when we bought our BWV contract! :) Might have saved us a couple grand! Not complaining, mind you... I think my family is sufficiently flexible and we'll enjoy ALL the resorts we get the chance to visit. :bounce:

Why is it that all these OKW owners stay at BWV if OKW is sooooo great? Every time I stay at the BW I run into OKWesters. Closet BWV lovers unite!!! :rotfl:

Why is it that all these OKW owners stay at BWV if OKW is sooooo great? Every time I stay at the BW I run into OKWesters. Closet BWV lovers unite!!!
There's no doubt that ALL the DVC resorts are special in their own ways. OKW was the first DVC so I think alot of these owners have been Members for a very long time and just branching out to try new things. We've done the same. We stayed at BWV and VWL each once but always seem to end up back at "home" which is OKW to us. OKW just feels right for us. :goodvibes
But variety is the spice of life, so I think many people just like to switch around once in awhile. Nothing wrong with that. It's a nice DVC perk they give us. :banana:

dianeschlicht said:
You don't know what your missing at AK though! We love that place!

I need to get there soon because it's swiftly becomming a "tradition" that Mom never goes to AK! I'll never relinquish spa day though.. hmmm.. maybe i need longer trips!!!!

RE: OKW and anywhere else - -

There's been a few times I could have stayed anywhere else at WDW for a night or two - but for many reasons OKW keeps winning. One time I would like to stay at SSR though... but there's the whole coffee in the morning issue... pjs etc... and before i know it, i've talked myself back into OKW again!

Home is BWV, as we love the proximity to WS, MGM and the BW itself. For our next trip in January for the Marathon weekend however, BWV (and BCV)were booked, so we are staying for the first time at OKW. We are really excited about it, but I am concerned about transportation as we will not have a car. I don't want to spend time waiting for a bus on Friday (to pick up our race packet at the Fitness Expo @WWS) and then the race itself on Saturday. If you experienced OKWers calm my fears about the OKW bus reliabilty, I will feel a lot better!

We've never had an issue with the OKW buses, and I think they had special ones for the participants of the Marathon.

When you read the title for this thread, did anyone else think of Rich and Dee and there near feud from a few years back?

This thread brings back fond memories.

Copper3

Copper3 said:
When you read the title for this thread, did anyone else think of Rich and Dee and there near feud from a few years back?

This thread brings back fond memories.

Copper3
LOL, yes, and it was more than ONE feud! Rich was always tongue in cheek and Dee was always so serious. :rotfl: I think he liked pushing her buttons.

JJ721 said:
Home is BWV, as we love the proximity to WS, MGM and the BW itself. For our next trip in January for the Marathon weekend however, BWV (and BCV)were booked, so we are staying for the first time at OKW. We are really excited about it, but I am concerned about transportation as we will not have a car. I don't want to spend time waiting for a bus on Friday (to pick up our race packet at the Fitness Expo @WWS) and then the race itself on Saturday. If you experienced OKWers calm my fears about the OKW bus reliabilty, I will feel a lot better!

We are the same way, when you HAVE to count on a bus it is not relaxing. Here you are worrying 4 months away for an OKW bus on a Friday in January! You can be assured all you want and it should be fine, but nobody can say for sure something wont go wrong so you will get up earlier than you should need to and waste even more time. Waitlist for BCV/BWV and if you get it you can relax, sleep in and leave 10 minutes before you want to arrive at WS. Good Luck.

This thread is getting me in trouble this morning :earboy2:

A little background ... Our "home" is BWV. Before we bought our first DVC contract in 1999 we stayed in a two bedroom at OKW using cash. It was after this trip that I was able to sell DH on the DVC thing, as he calls it.

Fast forward ... So this year we are using points in DL for a long weekend in October and then another long weekend in January at VWL (thanks to all of you who said try it for a change!) and 8 days in June back home at BWV.

So I say to DH this morning ... why don't we switch to a 1-BDR at OKW for the week in June since we plan on playing golf two days. We will save points for our Nov. '06 trip as well.

Silly me ...

"What do you mean we aren't staying at BWV" chimes in DD.

"NO" says DH in that non-negotiation tone. "Isn't it enough we are using points at DL and VWL?" :rotfl:

I really would like to get back to OKW since it has been some time. Maybe for our extended family vacation in '07.

rbuzzotta said:
I believe my family has resolved the OKW vs. BWV debate this past trip!!!
We spent week #1 at OKW in a 2 BR and week #2 at BWV in a 2 BR!!

The group included:

Me: an OKW die hard!!! and still am...........

DH: very flexible............enjoys both for various reasons but loves to argue against the norm!!!

DD #1 (14): an "I don't want to go to Disney anymore"...............now an OKW fan!!

DD #2 (9) and DD #3 (7): flexible but prefers OKW and Hank's community Hall where they are always entertained by Ted (Donald Duck), Eddie and MaryAnn among the others.

We have NEVER pool hopped in our nearly 5 years as DVC members and average 3 weeks per year at Disney!! But we did this trip.................from BWV back to OKW!!! NOt because of the slide but the atmosphere!!! We only used the slide a few times (not really impressed with it!).

We had a wonderful 2 week vacation at both resorts. We stayed at BWV just a few months back in April and had a few complaints..............non of which re-surfaced this trip!! We just love the relaxed atmosphere of OKW!!!!!!!!!

15 days in FL (OKW, FT. Myers-2 nts., BWV) and NOT one foot in the theme parks (we did do Blizzard Beach twice).

It was our BEST Disney vacation so far!!

On another note: DD #1 and her friend have given OKW the better choice for the boys!!! Cuter boys there according to them!!!

Any questions just ask...............

I was wondering what you do since you dont go to the parks?

Thanks

Alicnwondrln said:
I was wondering what you do since you dont go to the parks?

Thanks

We spend our days at the pool, going to a beach, playing mini golf, shopping, movies etc.

We did not feel like we missed anything and had a blast!!

There is plenty to do besides the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter