• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OKW vs. BWV debate solved here!!

rbuzzotta

<font color=FF00CC>OKW until 2042<br><font color=t
I believe my family has resolved the OKW vs. BWV debate this past trip!!!
We spent week #1 at OKW in a 2 BR and week #2 at BWV in a 2 BR!!

The group included:

Me: an OKW die hard!!! and still am...........

DH: very flexible............enjoys both for various reasons but loves to argue against the norm!!!

DD #1 (14): an "I don't want to go to Disney anymore"...............now an OKW fan!!

DD #2 (9) and DD #3 (7): flexible but prefers OKW and Hank's community Hall where they are always entertained by Ted (Donald Duck), Eddie and MaryAnn among the others.

We have NEVER pool hopped in our nearly 5 years as DVC members and average 3 weeks per year at Disney!! But we did this trip.................from BWV back to OKW!!! NOt because of the slide but the atmosphere!!! We only used the slide a few times (not really impressed with it!).

We had a wonderful 2 week vacation at both resorts. We stayed at BWV just a few months back in April and had a few complaints..............non of which re-surfaced this trip!! We just love the relaxed atmosphere of OKW!!!!!!!!!

15 days in FL (OKW, FT. Myers-2 nts., BWV) and NOT one foot in the theme parks (we did do Blizzard Beach twice).

It was our BEST Disney vacation so far!!

On another note: DD #1 and her friend have given OKW the better choice for the boys!!! Cuter boys there according to them!!!

Any questions just ask...............

Your DD's are correct. My son loves OKW and he's a little hottie! :teeth:

We own at both resorts and prefer OKW hands down.

However, we are staying at BWV next April with two other families. We'll take advantage of the close proximaty of WS and MGM!

Glad you all enjoyed your trip...... :teeth:

On another note: DD #1 and her friend have given OKW the better choice for the boys!!! Cuter boys there according to them!!!
LOL
Just back from OKW ourselves yesterday. I noticed my ds (18) checking out the girls at the pool :earseek: He also made friends with some boys around his age and they were skateboarding around the resort. Lots of young kids/teens this trip ! We were in building 45. Love the view of the canal there. It was fun watching all the different boats go back and forth to DD.
Our only complaint was the water mice racer boats. They are s-l-o-w at OKW. My dh told the CM at Hanks that ducks were swimming faster than his boat ! :boat: He told the guy he was thoroughly bored with it :bored: The CM himself admitted that the boats at WL and Contemp are much faster. Other than this....we had a great time. My kids loved the pool slide. Busses were running terrific.

Hey, glad to see you are all coming over to the little side of "heaven" at WDW! Just be quiet about it now so we don't have EVERYONE coming over! ;)

Rich would have agreed completely!!!

I also love OKW - but I like BWV - although I LOVE BCV.

I think that is one of the reasons that the BCV has so many room complaints. To fix a room requires it to be empty. BCV so far is generally full.

oh you comments on the boys was so good.

my nephew when researching the Panhandle area for me to buy a beach timeshares - decided on Panama City Beach - why??? the girls were 'hotter' there....

To the OP, I'm just curious-did you sense a big difference in the size of the "overly huge, you could get lost in" 2-BR at OKW vs. the "so tiny you could get a beer from the refrigerator while sitting on the balcony and you don't even have to get up" 2-BR at BWV? I'm glad you had such a great time, but I'm soo jealous-2 weeks!!

Yes, we always tend to get lost in our OKW 2 BR "home" and do feel somewhat cramped when we "visit" BWV. Usually when we stay at any other resort besides our OKW home, we tend to stay there for a shorter stay!!

I love my family but sometimes it is too close for comfort in any other DVC resort besides OKW......................plus I so love having my coffee on the balcony and not seeing the person in the next room in their pj's and he/she see me in mine!!! LOL!!

We LOVE OKW too! It is our absolute favorite--although we enjoy all the DVC resorts--each has its good points. My three daughters are all grown up now--in fact the 'baby' is a WDW CM--, but when they were younger (we've owned since 1993) they REALLY loved hanging out at the OKW pool and meeting the 'hot guys' there. Guess things haven't changed! The 'hot guys' head to OKW!! :-)

Hi Rosemary!! Hope we end up vacationing at OKW at the same time again somday!! :sunny:

Yeah!!!!

Fifteen days without going into a park. We spent 11 days at ASMo the same way and I kept it on the down low with fear of the park pouncers!!!!

And it wasn't even planned as no parks. Every morning "should we?"......"nah"

Good work. :cheer2:

My first stay at a DVC resort as an owner will be at BWV in February. This was a quick little extra trip, so I wanted to use a few points as possible. This made my choice either BWV or OKW. I chose BWV because it's only going to be me there, so I only need one bed. The photos of the BWV rooms look lovely. I was glad that I was able to book it at only about six months out. That clown at the pool still creeps me out (I hate clowns), but it's February, so I doubt I'll be using the pool much anyway.

I do imagine that I'll be staying at OKW from time to time, though. There are times when my travel plans make a studio with two beds the ideal accommodation, and the fewer points needed for that don't hurt, either.

Thanks for the comments! Lucky you to spend 2 weeks at WDW! I agree that the resorts themselves are so nice that the parks are extra and unnecessary!

I LOVE both BWV and OKW but I agree that OKW is "Home."

MaryJo...............we saw your family photo in Hank's again............It has been moved to another wall!!!

Hope all is well and sorry we didn't get to see Snow White or Ariel this trip!! But we had SOOOOOOOOOOO much fun just relaxing and of course, eating our way around the area!!!! The diet begins now...............

We're BWV owners but are looking hard at staying at OKW next spring... Our kids (boys 6 & 3) really love the clown slide and I really love being able to easily head back to the villa for an afternoon nap (from EPCOT and DS). Do most of you OKW lovers use the bus system or take/rent a car and drive yourselves to the parks? (If you go to the parks?)

I own at BWV and I'm happy that I do. I've only stayed there once, in May, in a studio. Years back I stayed for cash at a 1 bd OKW, and I will be forever spoiled by that!!!!!! Comparing studio to studio however, I think I like BWV (location, view, couch)

I think that it also depends on who is going and what time of year as to which of the DVC resorts seems 'best'. For Food and Wine, I'd want BWV, for a 1 bedroom I'd want OKW etc. I live in Colorado, so I don't need the moutain feel of WL, but it sure looks pretty at Xmas! I guess every resort has something special about it that you miss when you don't stay there. I found some great things at BWV during my first stay, and I plan on finding even more in the future. But I don't think I would ever stay in a 1 bedroom BWV, cause I'd be comparing it to the memory of OKW. (Now a boardwalk view 1 bedroom with a large balcony...hmmmm, that might be just fine!!!)

I think the debate has always been solved. Some people haven't seen it yet, though. It's just a matter of letting them mature a little.

Our next few stays will be at our true OKW home. We're tired of wandering. (By wandering I mean tried out BWV last trip.)

"There's no place like home."

BTW: we always drive to parks from all the resorts except BCV/BWV and Epcot unless we've been enjoying the local refreshments.

Just a few comments - -

The privacy you get on the patios at OKW is great. I also sit out in my jammies with my coffee.

We drive to MGM and Epcot, bus to MK! In all these years I have never been to Animal Kingdom! The family goes (bus) and I use that day for my spa day.

I like having the flexibility of an annual pass - one day I went into MK just to get dessert at the bakery for dinner that night!!!

I like having the flexibility of an annual pass - one day I went into MK just to get dessert at the bakery for dinner that night!!!
Yep, we do that too! You don't know what your missing at AK though! We love that place!

Glad to hear all the glowing reports of OKW.

During our trip next month DD will be 2 years 3 months. Will she be able to do anything at Community Hall? (I would stay with her naturally!) She loves colouring, Lego, play doh, stuff like that. Also can you hire bikes with toddler seats on the back?

Thanks for any tips on OKW with a toddler
Mandy ::MinnieMo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter