OKW Lovers Thread. Part 2

It's a free tour of the resort with some history thrown in. Only given twice a week. I can't find if it's a DVC only perk
This month, it's being offered on Wednesdays and Saturdays. We actually had a phone message on Friday night, promoting the Saturday morning tour. We didn't do it, as we had other plans.

This month, it's being offered on Wednesdays and Saturdays. We actually had a phone message on Friday night, promoting the Saturday morning tour. We didn't do it, as we had other plans.

I am hoping to do this tour during my trip the beginning of May but might need some extra pixie dust with the recently announced Disney parks closings pixiedust:

Big fan and owner at OKW. While we stay exclusively at studios we have moved out of our OKW rotation stays since the the renovation due to the small tv’s they put back in the studios. Very disappointing.

Big fan and owner at OKW. While we stay exclusively at studios we have moved out of our OKW rotation stays since the the renovation due to the small tv’s they put back in the studios. Very disappointing.
What size are the TVs?

What size are the TVs?
The televisions in the living rooms are large flat screen televisions and are located in the kitchen island. The bedroom televisions are a bit smaller but not that much smaller. But in the studios, they are placed on top of the chest of drawers, so they are smaller flat screen televisions.

Master bedrooms at OKW:
DSC03636 (2).JPG

This is an older photo of the studio, but the dresser is still the same. Television is about the same as well.
DSC01018.JPG

The televisions in the living rooms are large flat screen televisions and are located in the kitchen island. The bedroom televisions are a bit smaller but not that much smaller. But in the studios, they are placed on top of the chest of drawers, so they are smaller flat screen televisions.

Master bedrooms at OKW:
View attachment 481168

This is an older photo of the studio, but the dresser is still the same. Television is about the same as well.
View attachment 481169
Thanks. I was curious. We stayed at Poly Studio in July and the TV was a pretty good size.

Thanks. I was curious. We stayed at Poly Studio in July and the TV was a pretty good size.
There is limited wall space for the tv to go in a OKW studio. If they put in a much larger tv it would stick out past the entry wall or the wall to the kitchenette. Other studios do not have this issue. OKW studios are also some of the largest in DVC inventory.

There is limited wall space for the tv to go in a OKW studio. If they put in a much larger tv it would stick out past the entry wall or the wall to the kitchenette. Other studios do not have this issue. OKW studios are also some of the largest in DVC inventory.
I like the OKW studios for the 2 beds. I also like the peace and quiet there.

If they moved the location of the TV, on the wall behind the table/chair, they could fit like a 55-65 inch set.

If they moved the location of the TV, on the wall behind the table/chair, they could fit like a 55-65 inch set.
Where would they put the table and chairs plus the hanging lamp? That little wall with the dresser wouldn't be big enough. And I hope they don't plan on putting that folding table there. My husband would hate it if a sat at the table playing with my computer while he was watching television. Plus that's the wall with the connecting door to the studio. So it's not that big either. The door is right next to the closet space. Check my photo above in post #3926. The scale is way off in the sketch.

I have an odd question. Looking at the map of the resort (and satellite) it almost looks as if you can walk around the golf course for a more direct route to the HH. Not sure if this is doable. Has anyone tried?

I have an odd question. Looking at the map of the resort (and satellite) it almost looks as if you can walk around the golf course for a more direct route to the HH. Not sure if this is doable. Has anyone tried?
You are not allowed to walk on the golf course. There is a path to walk to SSR and Disney Springs though.

Or you can hop any theme park bus and get off at the last stop, HH. Then walk over to the Peninsular Rd bus stop and hop a bus back to your area.

Hi all, i have a reservation for 2nd week of Sept 2020 and am renting DVC points for a 1 bedroom. Would the touring plan website that provides an option in sending a room request work when you are renting DVC points? I wasn't sure if you are renting points if there is a specific area that they put you in so this room request service might not work... we want to be as close to transportation/hospitality area if available.

Hi all, i have a reservation for 2nd week of Sept 2020 and am renting DVC points for a 1 bedroom. Would the touring plan website that provides an option in sending a room request work when you are renting DVC points? I wasn't sure if you are renting points if there is a specific area that they put you in so this room request service might not work... we want to be as close to transportation/hospitality area if available.
Yes, you can still make room request using touring plan. Just make sure you select the same category that you have booked on points.

Yes, you can still make room request using touring plan. Just make sure you select the same category that you have booked on points.
Thanks, when I look to search for a room it gives two options. Standard View 1 Bedroom and 1 bedroom by Hospitality house. I didn't realize there were two categories for a 1 bedroom. I am not sure which one applies to my reservation.

Worked for me. Got the exact area in Turtle Pond that I requested.

Thanks, when I look to search for a room it gives two options. Standard View 1 Bedroom and 1 bedroom by Hospitality house. I didn't realize there were two categories for a 1 bedroom. I am not sure which one applies to my reservation.

You will have to find out from your rental company what category your reservation was made into, as your reservation has to have been specific to one of those categories. Once you know that, then you can look at specific buildings that you may want to request and the rental company/owner will need to put in that request on your behalf.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter