OKW Lovers Thread. Part 2

Your reservation will also show near HH when you link it into My Disney Experience. pull up the reservation and click Show Details. I removed the dates and confirmation number, but it does show near Hospitality House for my upcoming reservation.

You are not allowed to walk on the golf course. There is a path to walk to SSR and Disney Springs though

This year, we had a group in building #25, and another #21. Because of a quirk in the bus routes, there wasnt any direct trans between the Millers bus stop, and Pinnisular stop.... so, sure, we crossed the golf course all the time. This was handy when the "big pool" closed. The Millers pool is one of those "unofficially open 24 hours".

Mostly at night, and used common sense. Discrete, and careful. However, eventually we realized with those late buses, if you asked the driver nicely, they would almost always drop you off regardless of the route.

Near Hospitality House area is Bldg 11-14 and 23-26. All pools have posted hours. None are 24 hours.
This year, we had a group in building #25, and another #21. Because of a quirk in the bus routes, there wasnt any direct trans between the Millers bus stop, and Pinnisular stop.... so, sure, we crossed the golf course all the time. This was handy when the "big pool" closed. The Millers pool is one of those "unofficially open 24 hours".

Mostly at night, and used common sense. Discrete, and careful. However, eventually we realized with those late buses, if you asked the driver nicely, they would almost always drop you off regardless of the route.
Please stay off the golf course unless you are playing golf. All you have to do is follow the sidewalk around from Peninsular Road bus stop to just past Millers Road bus stop.

Thank you for the information on the elevators! We had always just lucked out with a ground floor unit until our last stay when we were on the third floor. Carrying the stroller up two flights of stairs after a long day at the park was exhausting!

Thank you for the information on the elevators! We had always just lucked out with a ground floor unit until our last stay when we were on the third floor. Carrying the stroller up two flights of stairs after a long day at the park was exhausting!
Ya that doesn’t sound fun. We drive, so I just put the stroller in our truck when we get back to the resort, when we stay at OKW. I know it’s not a option for a lot of people.

Ya that doesn’t sound fun. We drive, so I just put the stroller in our truck when we get back to the resort, when we stay at OKW. I know it’s not a option for a lot of people.
That is definitely a better option! We also drive, but just so happened to bring our pickup truck that trip and I felt a little uneasy leaving it in the truck bed overnight open to elements and others. I think moving forward we will be sure to take the SUV as to have that option :)

With all the changes coming have they mentioned if you will still be able to get coffee and soda with the refill mugs at Goods To Go. Or will CM have to fill your mugs. Maybe to early to ask.

That is definitely a better option! We also drive, but just so happened to bring our pickup truck that trip and I felt a little uneasy leaving it in the truck bed overnight open to elements and others. I think moving forward we will be sure to take the SUV as to have that option :)
I understand, we have a hard cover for the bed.

With all the changes coming have they mentioned if you will still be able to get coffee and soda with the refill mugs at Goods To Go. Or will CM have to fill your mugs. Maybe to early to ask.
Hard to say. For the places reopening in Ohio, some of have allowed you to fill your own cup.

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

We are staying at OKW June 22-26th. As this obviously will be a resort only stay I would like to rent some bikes for our length of stay. My questions are has anyone done this, are there bike racks to lock them up around the resort, does Disney offer a length of stay rate (the daily rates are exorbitant) and can you rent off site and have bikes delivered instead? any help will be appreciated,

Hi everyone,

We are staying at OKW June 22-26th. As this obviously will be a resort only stay I would like to rent some bikes for our length of stay. My questions are has anyone done this, are there bike racks to lock them up around the resort, does Disney offer a length of stay rate (the daily rates are exorbitant) and can you rent off site and have bikes delivered instead? any help will be appreciated,

I've never heard of a bike rental place in Orlando. I do know some folks bring their own. There really aren't bike racks everywhere. near the main Hospitality area and pool I've seen one, and maybe at the Turtle Pond pool. not sure. Perhaps there are racks at all the pools? You never know, given the circumstances of no parks, they may be giving some specials on the resort activities and equipment. Nothing has been announced, but it wouldn't surprise me if the resorts are doing things to help keep guests busy. And it never hurts to ask once you get there.

I've never heard of a bike rental place in Orlando. I do know some folks bring their own. There really aren't bike racks everywhere. near the main Hospitality area and pool I've seen one, and maybe at the Turtle Pond pool. not sure. Perhaps there are racks at all the pools? You never know, given the circumstances of no parks, they may be giving some specials on the resort activities and equipment. Nothing has been announced, but it wouldn't surprise me if the resorts are doing things to help keep guests busy. And it never hurts to ask once you get there.

There is a bike rental place in Celebration that will deliver bikes in the area, I am concerned about where I would lock them up. It looks more and more like it would just be better to pay the Disney prices for the on site rentals. Thank for your help.

My family of 4 just booked a 2 night stay at OKW from 12/25 - 12/27 in a Studio before our non Disney cruise. We are not doing any parks, just plan on going to DS, resort hopping, riding on the Gondolas (first time doing that) and just enjoying the resort. We stayed here one night last May for the first time and we loved it so much, we knew we had to come back :goodvibes.

Hi everyone,

There aren't many places to ride bikes at OKW, just around the resort. You won't be able to ride on Disney Vacation Club Drive for sure.

Going back in Sept. We typically stay in either the HH area or Old Turtle Pond. We want to maybe try something different. Suggestions? Maybe Peninsular Road? I've always thought those villas on the water by South Point look cool, but it seems so far out (and we're not planning on renting this trip) and there's no guarantee of getting a water view. We've been on Miller Road, way at the end and didn't have a car and that was miserable (cause we were a ways away from the bus too)

I know I could search past posts but I've been on the computer all morning booking park reservations! I'm wore out and out of patience! But excited that our trip is going to actually happen!

Rented points and are staying at OKW 7/14-7/17 as part of a split stay! Got my park passes this morning after about 2 hours!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter