Okay, someone talk me into the pop up

Things went fine on our weekend 4 day trip. :)

Best thing? Well that would be hard to say- I guess just overall having "home" amenities like able to cook, go potty, shower, etc? LOL Oh and it was quicker to set up once there and pack up to leave than I thought it would be. :)

Least favorite? HARD mattress on the queen bed. I guess because it's like a "bunkie" used for bunk beds- where the box springs and mattress is all in one. I have to do something to remedy how hard it is by our next weekend trip because I can't handle a mattress that hard! LOL I almost wanted to put the booth out into a bed and sleep there- atleast I think those cushions would be softer. LOL

Originally posted by BibbidyBobbidyBoo
I almost wanted to put the booth out into a bed and sleep there- atleast I think those cushions would be softer. LOL
Oh, I feel your pain! Our first camping trip with the Minnie was like that!! I woke up about 4 am and would have curled up on the floor if there had been any floor space left (people sleeping on cots there, too!). We purchased an Aerobed mattress for the bed and that is much better--and it saves on weight, too!

Sounds like you are having fun!

Yes, I have thought about the aerobed -might do that! Cause it seriously HURT. Tooooooooo stiff/firm.
But we also recently got a new king mattress set for our bed at home and although it felt soft in the store- darn thing is too stiff also. I'm tempted to sleep on the couch now. LOL ack.... why can't I get a softer bed nowadays? LOL

May I recommend a piece of foam between the mattress and board it sits on, then buy a featherbed (Domestications usually carries a reasonably priced one) and put that on top of the mattress. Helped our situation immensely.

I've just skimmed through this thread, but BBB, I want to congratulate you! Your going to have lots of fun.

It's funny this topic came up, because if everything goes okay, we'll be trading in our 1998 Coleman Sun Ridge (pop up) for a 2003 Outback 25RSS -- TODAY!!! It's a hardside with a hardside back pull out bed and a side pull out. We've had over 5 years of fun with the Coleman, but it's time to upgrade. Now we'll definitely have to take the long journey to FW!

Congratulations Bichon Barb! I hope everything goes okay for you to get it. :)

Originally posted by house_of_princesses
May I recommend a piece of foam between the mattress and board it sits on, then buy a featherbed (Domestications usually carries a reasonably priced one) and put that on top of the mattress. Helped our situation immensely.
Well, those are good ideas too. But I'm wondering how close we'd be to the ceiling if we put foam under the mattress and a featherbed on TOP of it? LOL

Congratulations on the trailer, I think you'll be pleased with the Skyline Nomad. We just sold our pop-up in March and bought a Skyline Layton 297 32' triple bunk. We have been very pleased with our trailer so far. It is definitely so much nicer than the pop-up with the 3 kids, 14, 9 and 7. Our first trip at FW will begin 12/19.

LOL I almost wanted to put the booth out into a bed and sleep there- atleast I think those cushions would be softer. LOL

Egg crate mattresses work wonders..and they are nice and inexpensive! Goes right over your mattress.

Doris

We have one of those on our king at home! The problem is that we got it just "given" to us awhile back- a friend bought it and ended up not needing it. Lost touch with that friend and now I haven't a clue where you get those! ??

We got our egg crate at Walmart. Disney has them available too for uncomfortable resort beds.

But I suggust that you buy a king and cut it down unless you can find a size on it. The one I grabbed was a double after all thats what the bed is right WRONG. lacking about 4" in width and since we're used to a king at home those 2" on each side make a difference.
Hope you're having fun. 2 weeks to go and I get to take ours out for 3 weekends and a full week. Might as well just live in it in the driveway we'll be in it so much!!!

Wow, I never noticed them at Walmart and I'm constantly going through the bedding sections looking for something ... like recently sheets/etc for the camper. LOL

I will check that out- but I might measure the bed first. It's supposed to be a queen size and I can't really be sure that it is since we're used to a King at home... so I wouldn't know if it was the actual size of a queen bed or not!

Thanks!

The one I grabbed was a double after all thats what the bed is right WRONG

Unless you have a bedroom slide out, they are usually short queens, not fulls...at least in the Holiday we have and most others, since this is an oft discussed thing. Do your regular queen sheets you bought for it fit? The short queens I get at Camping world fit, but not worth the extra price. We use the sheet thingy's on our sheets..sort of like suspenders to hold the bottom fitted sheet tight..also from Walmart. We did get the queen egg crate, but had to cut several inches off the end so it would fit.

We just got back and will leave for the Adirondacks in upstate NY in the morning for a week. Here's hoping I can catch something other than analog on the cell phone, so the computer will come in...otherwise we'll be sure to take the grands off for a library visit for mail checks on their computers: )

Hubby's been working today getting the acrylic cut for the screen doors (they velcro on), so I can have the air on and leave the main door open while camping. In the three years we've owned our Holiday Rambler, we've used the air twice each year..it's been so hot this year, we've used it every trip....or I'm just getting old LOL!

That quote wasn't mine yet I think your question under it was directed to me?
No,the queen sheet I bought for it seemed a little too big. But I tried a double on it (which I bought for the couch that pulls out to bed- and it was a little big for it LOL) and it was too small.I think you are right about it being a short queen. LOL

Have fun on your trip!

The quote was to tigger, as to why a double egg crate might not fit..because she prob had a short queen : )

But then I asked if the sheets you mentioned buying fit..I shoulda put a name before each of my comments LOL!

Yeah.... quit confusing me, woman!
LOL
So hey, when are you going to Disney again? :)

All the info says its a double and double sheets fit as long as they are deep pocket ones. But I couldn't find jersey double so I bought queen and they are big, but we tend to fight over the sheets. It seems to be between the queen short size and a double. it's a 98 mallard 25A so the bed goes along the front of the camper and drivers side is the head of the bed. There is a waredrobe at the foot of the bed up against the front since I'm 5'2" I sleep there and DH whose 6' gets the outside cause his toes hang off. But at least we have a bed before we slept on the couch. What a pain.

Bibbidy
Have you figured out where everything home is? When are you headed out next?

I don't know for sure what you mean have I figured out where everything home is? Do you mean where everything's home is as in where everything goes? If so, yeppers. :)

We'll be going out again in July- staying nights of 11th- 15th. :)

Heres another vote for the pop up camper. We got ours last spring and love it. Our ac works so good you have to sleep with a big blanket, we just camped over the 4th weekend in MO the temps were in the 90's with the heat index around 108, I never turned the air above low and it was very cool inside all weekend. we love our pop up and camp almost every weekend. Unfortunately we won't be using it for our first trip to disney this aug, it's just to far of a drive. Hope this helps.

So hey, when are you going to Disney again?

We have ressie's right now for Sept 9-16th this year. Part time (at this time) at Downtown Marriot and part of the time at POR. I'm sure we'll add a couple more trips. Our son in getting married in March in Ireland, so we'll have to make additional trips values for sure. I want to stay at Pop Century before the end of the year also.

Since late winter 2004 will be the big wedding..we are looking toward 6 weeks in the campground in 2005. All of Jan through mid Feb.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter