~OK~IF you had your choice of ANY resort at WDW-which would you go for and why?

I would have to go with a Contemporary tower room with a great view of the Magic Kingdom. I think it would be awesome to watch the fireworks at night, and be a quick walk away from the Magic Kingdom.
Yacht Club would be a close second, with its pool area and quick walk to EPCOT.
Of course, I sure did love AKL....

Hmmm...I guess Animal Kingdom Lodge. I've not stayed there yet, though.

Polynesian Lagoon View Concierge-Hawaii building room #3501-Great view and as close to the lounge as you can get!

Yacht Club (which we'll be staying at again this year when we nail down a date! :rotfl: ) BUT I would LOVE to try the GF sometime-DH adamantly refuses to stay anywhere but the YC/BC because he likes to walk right into Epcot... but if I ever went down alone with my 2 girls-I think I'd like to book the GF :) :) :)

Money is no option???

Then GF Concierge suite overlooking the water...and if there is a view of MK at the same time I would like that also.

My second choice would be Boardwalk with a view of EPCOT.

Or...AKL Royal Assante Suite!

Man this could be a tough decision...good thing I will never have to make it. :thumbsup2

I would love to stay at one of the Boardwalk Villas, but my son has always wanted to stay at the Poly. Because of that, we are trying to save enough money to stay there on our next trip in late 2007 or early 2008. Oh the sacrifices we make for our kids. ;)

GF
AKL
but usually end up at Dolphin for the Nurse rate!!! I just can't spend all the money for the Disney resorts when I can spend 129-149!!!
Loved Savannah View at AKL and will do again w a split stay. LOVE split stays!
Oh, have fun. I don't have a trip planned this year.:sad:

For our next trip, I really want to stay at Wilderness Lodge. We visited there for dinner and fell in love with the atmosphere of the place!

I would love to stay at one of the Boardwalk Villas, but my son has always wanted to stay at the Poly. Because of that, we are trying to save enough money to stay there on our next trip in late 2007 or early 2008. Oh the sacrifices we make for our kids. ;)

Why don't you try to split your stay, and rent points from a DVC member for a Sun-/Thurs stay at BWV, and then either a coupld of days before or after at Poly?

Either the Walt Disney Suite at the GF ( just to be surrounded by so much Walt memorabilia ) or the AKL Royal Assante Suite ( love the Lodge ).

Hmmmm... for me, there is not one, perfect, Disney resort.

I would like to combine some WDW resorts.

I would like the ambience, service, decor, restaurant choices, and location of the Boardwalk Inn. Then I would throw in a big bunch of the Animal Kingdom Lodge's savanna views, complete with oodles of giraffes and gazelles. A nice, nearby monorail line direct to the MK would be superb. And finally, I would top the whole thing off with a generous dose of the Yacht Club/Beach Club's Stormalong Bay swimming pool complex. There. That's the resort I would check into if money were no object.

If I have to pick just one... then I think I prefer the Boardwalk Inn the most. Even without jungle animals, a monorail line, or a fabulous swimming pool, the BWI still has the ambience and service that makes me happiest. And it's just across the lake from Beaches & Cream's hamburgers!

--Bay

I would pick one of the suites at AKL. Also I love MK view at the Poly. I feel at home there so why mess with a good thing.:goodvibes

:genie: Genie, please grant me this wish...Grand Floridian!!!

Stayed there once and it is still one of the three best hotel experiences of my life. Ah, gracious living at its best!

Patty (a-counting down to Feb at POFQ):hourglass

If i could pick any resort it would be the Poly withour a doubt! The resort is absolutly stunning. The Monorail is great plus having 'Ohana in your hotel... what more could you want?!

I know this is slightly OT, but I was just thinking how great it is that Disney World offers so many wonderful choices of where to spend nights in our favorite place!

I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking that I'd be happy in most or all of them, but even when thinking about the ones I'm actually willing and able (or almost able) to pay for, there's quite a selection!

And even if I can't stay at a particular resort, I can easily visit it, eat there, explore it, and enjoy the ambiance as much as I want.

And when I'm done, I can go out front and get free transportation to the park of my choice.

What a wonderful World!

Wilderness Lodge! It is just too beautiful...this time I want concierge!!!

It's an interesting thread as we had this discussion at the end of our most recent stay.

The MK view from the balcony of the CR Tower was nice, and the room rennovation was a huge success. There is a lot to be said about the CR (Monorail station on the 4th floor, good dining, nice pool area, water craft, gym, etc., etc.)

However, I think I'll go back to the Boardwalk Villas. The in-room ammenities are clearly superior to those offered in the deluxe rooms elsewhere. Additionally, the variety of options in walking distance for food, shopping and activity on the Boardwalk has real value. Finally, the ability to walk to Epcot and MGM (or if you are like me, take the quick boat ride) is huge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter