~OK, I Just Booked The Dolphin!!!

WDW~Lover

DIS Veteran
I made up my mind. Even with an AP rate I do not think I will get ANY room for that rate in the Epcot area. So I am happy about that!!!!
My DD and her BF are coming but I will get them a room at the ASMusic for a few days. That way we all have our space (you know how kids can be!)

So I am going to do the Tiffany town car, with grocery stop. I will get the beer and food for DD and BF. and my water.

I really like the idea of a 24 hour place to eat, I do not sleep and I have never stayed at the dolphin, just the swan.

159 a night? cannot beat it really!!

Hope I will enjoy the pool and I like the idea of a more "adult" atmosphere.

we just got back from the dolphin in march! be sure to check out the fountain restaurant, and picabu's. have a great trip :thumbsup2

I made up my mind. Even with an AP rate I do not think I will get ANY room for that rate in the Epcot area. So I am happy about that!!!!
My DD and her BF are coming but I will get them a room at the ASMusic for a few days. That way we all have our space (you know how kids can be!)

So I am going to do the Tiffany town car, with grocery stop. I will get the beer and food for DD and BF. and my water.

I really like the idea of a 24 hour place to eat, I do not sleep and I have never stayed at the dolphin, just the swan.

We just booked at the Dolphin, it will be our first time staying there. We usually stay at the moderates but wanted to stay close to Epcot this time and the other resorts are too expensive. We got the $159 rate as well and total cost with taxes, fees and parking is $198 per night. Enjoy.

We just booked at the Dolphin, it will be our first time staying there. We usually stay at the moderates but wanted to stay close to Epcot this time and the other resorts are too expensive. We got the $159 rate as well and total cost with taxes, fees and parking is $198 per night. Enjoy.

I am now totally looking forward to staying here. This will be a week of relaxation before I am starting college (at 47) on Sept 2! I just read over there Spa treatments! WOW!!!! I am impressed and plan on doing some of these for sure!! I love the fact my DD and DBF are staying at Coronado, I now get to check out that resort also!!!

I have never been there! This way we are not on top of each other and have our space, but will do parks and have dinner together!

I picked this resort for the price so I could pay for DD trip also, but I am now very happy to be staying here!! and I am doing the Tiffany town car!!

you have a great trip also!:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

I am now totally looking forward to staying here. This will be a week of relaxation before I am starting college (at 47) on Sept 2! I just read over there Spa treatments! WOW!!!! I am impressed and plan on doing some of these for sure!! I love the fact my DD and DBF are staying at Coronado, I now get to check out that resort also!!!

I have never been there! This way we are not on top of each other and have our space, but will do parks and have dinner together!

I picked this resort for the price so I could pay for DD trip also, but I am now very happy to be staying here!! and I am doing the Tiffany town car!!

you have a great trip also!:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

You'll like CSR also. Beautiful resort we have stayed there 3 times and loved it each time.

We've gotten some great rates at The Dolphin, it's one of our favorite resorts.

Some folks say it's not 'Disney enough' for them, but we've never really understood that. Most times we've stayed there we've had views of Epcot or TOT in the background, and can see the fireworks from Illuminations at night...what's more 'Disney' than that ? :goodvibes

Don't miss eating at 'The Fountain' ! Some of the very best burgers on the property, plus delicious flat bread melts and even really good chicken noodle soup can be found there.

Have a wonderful time.

We've gotten some great rates at The Dolphin, it's one of our favorite resorts.

Some folks say it's not 'Disney enough' for them, but we've never really understood that. Most times we've stayed there we've had views of Epcot or TOT in the background, and can see the fireworks from Illuminations at night...what's more 'Disney' than that ? :goodvibes

Don't miss eating at 'The Fountain' ! Some of the very best burgers on the property, plus delicious flat bread melts and even really good chicken noodle soup can be found there.

Have a wonderful time.
You just named some of my only foods I can eat! Burgers, chix noodle soup! I will try it! I am looking forward to this! Just booked Tiffany town car with grocery stop!

YAH ME!!:cool1:

I, too, am keen to stay at the Dolphin - but how do you go about getting "great rates" there? We are going in April (13-19th), which I know is a peak time. We want a suite. The price we were quoted for a Junior Suite was $519. This is without taxes and resort fee :( Seems too expensive for us. Any hints about getting a better deal? We asked about the "Entertainment Book" rate and those dont seem to be available yet for those dates....

I, too, am keen to stay at the Dolphin - but how do you go about getting "great rates" there? We are going in April (13-19th), which I know is a peak time. We want a suite. The price we were quoted for a Junior Suite was $519. This is without taxes and resort fee :( Seems too expensive for us. Any hints about getting a better deal? We asked about the "Entertainment Book" rate and those dont seem to be available yet for those dates....

for this rate, I just clicked on the link above this board! there is a swan dolphin ad!!

It is a try when it is time!!:)

What is the 'tiffany town car'? Is that some sort of transportation offered with a grocery shop?

What is the 'tiffany town car'? Is that some sort of transportation offered with a grocery shop?

Tiffany Town Car is a, well, Town Car you can arrange to pick you up at the airport and bring you to your hotel. With a stop at a grocery store or most anywhere else on the way that you would like. Just Google their name for lots of info.

'Great rates' can be found a number of ways. Wonderful discounts are offered to teachers, nurses and government employees. Failing that, try booking thru the site on the top of this page, or through a travel site like Expedia.

Just this past Christmas, we got a rate of $169 a night, then got upgraded at the front desk to an Epcot view with a balcony. (that's not guaranteed, of course...but we've had some great luck there...)

yes, We used to use Tiffany's BEFORE they had Magical Express. And I have always loved TTC. I have used them well over 20 times for limo's and towncars. So it will be nice to have a grocery stop for a change!

What amazed me is since I used them last back in 2001, they only went up maybe 5 bucks!!! I am totally impressed with that, and they have always provided excellent service. $90 bucks round trip w/grocery stop.

again for the resort rate, and the TTC it is still worth it by far!
I know that these days I will NOT get an Epcot resort for the near the same price!

www.tiffanytowncars.com

We're trying the Dolphin for the first time in a few weeks too! We've stayed at the Swan several times, and LOVED it!!! We're excited - and can't wait! The Grotto pool is great!

May I recommend the Tod English restaurant The Blue Zoo at the Dolphin?
It's a tad pricey, but well worth it for a splurge evening!:thumbsup2

Re:PP April rate. I believe you are perhaps a bit early. (also try AAA rate plan)

:yay: :yay: Have a great trip! Post lots of pictures when you get back!

We are going March '09 and staying at the Dolphin. Right now, we are booked at a higher rate, too, but the reservationist told me that the discounted rates are just not published yet. He suggested calling back later in the summer to ask for a lower rate (I am hoping for a teacher rate). I am hoping that once the discount is applied, I can eek two nights out of the one night's deposit I've already paid!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter