~OK, Got My Sept 1th...AP Rate, Will I LIke AKL?~

disneyworld!

<font color="87005b">Love, Peace & Mickey.....and
I have to admitt, I was not planning on doing the AKL, I went there this past thursday to look around (I was staying at BC & WL) I thought It was kind of blane....I hope I will like it! I know my apartment is done in all "AK" themeing......... I did go with this AKL this time due to price and the fact that I just was at WDW this week....so I can do more hanging by the pool this time!!
how about the food there?? anything like a food court?

I thought the AKL was o.k. when i visited the resort before- BUT I really fell in love with it when I stayed there!!

The restaurants are great- there is Jiko, Boma (b-fast and dinner buffet- both are amazing) and a food court/quick service area called the Mara.

I love AKL as much as I love WL - probably cause they're designed by the same architect.

Anyway, I like the grandeur of AKL's lobby, and I like that it's so lush, even the pool area is just so green. The pool is one big giant swimming hole which is also nice cause you're not bumping into people.

I think Mara is one of the nicest food court/counter service of the deluxes. There's plenty of space to sit down, the food selection is pretty good, and they have Zebra Domes to go! Boma and Jiko are excellent places to eat.

I find even if you don't get a savannah view room, there are plenty of places where you can see the animals. Arusha Rock is great but each hallway has these floor to ceiling windows that overlook the savannah, so you can still see all the animals you want.

There's also another viewing area near the pool complete with a flamingo pool.

Even though AKL is far removed from the other parks, I never had a problem with the bus system. They were prompt, efficient and usually never full. Another plus is the bus stop for AKL seem to be the closest to park entrances.

I have stayed at Poly and moderates but i never thought that i would like the AKL until my dd and i stayed there last Sept, we got a good rate and with all the hurricanes we thought it would be safe there. I was there for Hurricane Gene and had a wonderful time!!! The cm's were great and the food was outstanding. It is now my favorite resort. I had a pool view and the smell from the restaurants were so good. It makes your stay pleasant.
Kim

I didn't know the AP rates for Sept 1 were out?????

Janet.how'd you get the rate so soon? :teeth:

mommykds said:
I didn't know the AP rates for Sept 1 were out?????

Janet.how'd you get the rate so soon? :teeth:

I called at 9am this moring...and they had just come out...so I booked and then posted it on here! they then moved my posts to the codes and resorts boards...only so other people could get credit for telling people the codes are out!! I am a tad bit bitter rightnow! should have made everyone wait!!

well, I will never share info again!
enjoy everyone

disneyworld! said:
I called at 9am this moring...and they had just come out...so I booked and then posted it on here! they then moved my posts to the codes and resorts boards...only so other people could get credit for telling people the codes are out!! I am a tad bit bitter rightnow! should have made everyone wait!!

well, I will never share info again!
enjoy everyone

Seriously you are acting kinda nutty! :banana:

Everyone shares that info, it was on mousesavers for gods sake!
Who cares who gets credit???
If you want the credit here it is: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: feel better?

We loved it so much. Very relaxing resort and it always smelled so good witht he fire pits going and the restaurants. :rotfl: :goodvibes
My Mom's first trip and she was totally blown away at how beautiful and peaceful WDW could be. We did not do any Disney Parks this trip. Only SeaWorld and Downtown Disney. We just hung at the resort and the pool and relaxed and actually enjoyed the resort. DD(7) really loved the water slide and seeing the animals off our balcony every day. :goodvibes
I would love to stay there again.

Boma was excellent! Desserts!! yum! :banana:

We did not do Jiko,but Mara was fine for donuts,muffins and the chicken strips were good. They also had pre made cheese,grapes,pita bread and hummus that was good.
For snack though I would go to the gift shop. You can get a big back of Doritos for $3.59. Not bad. Down at Mara a bag of M&M's were $1.70. :crazy:

So get snacks upstairs.

The rooms are decorated very nice and I loved the Savanah view.

The only thing we missed was no walking trails like we had at CRB or S/D with the boardwalk so close.

Bus service was fine,but you are pretty remote from Downtown Disney and Epcot. Seemed like it took a bit to get there. Busses were always there to get us though. We never waited. We did ride the Monorail and ate at Ohana at the Poly. Loved it!

Enjoy.... I know we sure did :wave2:

If ya don't like AKL, you will be in a tiny minority. Almost everybody loves AKL. I have never even stayed there and I love it!

We love AKL. I want to go back and stay there so bad. Last time we went at a value time and go a great price, but our next trip is during peak season so I doubt we 'll be staying there this coming trip. If I could, I definitely would!

BABYJOSIE98 said:
We loved it so much. Very relaxing resort and it always smelled so good witht he fire pits going and the restaurants. :rotfl: :goodvibes
My Mom's first trip and she was totally blown away at how beautiful and peaceful WDW could be. We did not do any Disney Parks this trip. Only SeaWorld and Downtown Disney. We just hung at the resort and the pool and relaxed and actually enjoyed the resort. DD(7) really loved the water slide and seeing the animals off our balcony every day. :goodvibes
I would love to stay there again.

Boma was excellent! Desserts!! yum! :banana:

We did not do Jiko,but Mara was fine for donuts,muffins and the chicken strips were good. They also had pre made cheese,grapes,pita bread and hummus that was good.
For snack though I would go to the gift shop. You can get a big back of Doritos for $3.59. Not bad. Down at Mara a bag of M&M's were $1.70. :crazy:

So get snacks upstairs.

The rooms are decorated very nice and I loved the Savanah view.

The only thing we missed was no walking trails like we had at CRB or S/D with the boardwalk so close.

Bus service was fine,but you are pretty remote from Downtown Disney and Epcot. Seemed like it took a bit to get there. Busses were always there to get us though. We never waited. We did ride the Monorail and ate at Ohana at the Poly. Loved it!

Enjoy.... I know we sure did :wave2:

....guess great minds think alike!! [hehe-heh]

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter