Ok all you pin nuts out there.Pins at Disney Store Soon.

We4mickey

Cast Member
I got this e-mail and in it,they said pins at Disney Stores.
Here is what it said.
Recently announced that in honor of Walts Disney's 100th B-day, and
share in the joy and magic that he has brought to so many,the Disney Stores will release the WALT DISNEY,
100 years of Dream. Pin Collection.This collection of 100 new pins
yes i said 100 new pins.Disney store in North America. Every Staurday Sept 22to Dec 15th 2001
So get ready..........

Oh Nooooo.............it's the weekly race to the Disney Store all over again.:rolleyes:

Note to self:
1. Get car tuned up
2. Start Triathlaton training
3. Get back up alarm clock
4. Rob a bank

It looks like I'm all set for another year of this.;)

According to my calculations, there are 13 Saturdays between the 22nd of September and December 15th. Dividing 100 by 13 weeks comes out to 7.69 pins per week. I wasn't part of the last DS pin escapades, so I'm not aware of limits placed on purchases. Explain this to me...math was not my forte in high school and college. All I know is...where is that bank, Wanda??

With the Count Down to the Millenniumm Series there were 7 pins released each week. I'm sure Disney will figure out something to get us into the stores to get the other 9 pins. You know.......like a VOUCHER :earseek: system, or a scavenger hunt around our states (not like we won't be doing this anyway) or maybe they will release different amounts every week to make it to 100 by December 15th.

Only time will tell.

And what bank are you guys knocking over??? I need to find a different one. There won't be any money left at yours for me. :(

do we need a voucher for this too!!!! I mean if were all gonna do it lets get a system going here.....lol!!!

Lets see 7 pins x 6.50=(mind you I figure thats the minimum they will be this time.) 45.50 oh my!!! thats almost $200.00 a month....ugh! Guess I need a voucher for the above activities.....holy cow!!!! I think I shall be picking and choosing which ones I really like this time around too!!!! ugh!

cindy

PS I can bring WWF masks for the extracaricular (sp)voucher activities.

:eek: Did anyone realize... $7.00 a pin, give or take, times 7 pins a week...

That's a lot of cheese soup right around the holidays!

Ok, ok, I know I am not helping here if I say that Disney and the president are coordinating the mailing of the tax refunds and the release of the pins!

:earseek: :crazy: :jester: :confused: :rolleyes:
:rolleyes:

Wanda

During the previous release I do not remember if there was a limit. I never challenged it as I was only buying 1 of each and occaisionally 2. They were $4 last time. If figure they will charge more as the stores aren't doing tremendously and if they are smart they'll make alot less.

I can see there will be pin meets now occuring at the Disney stores starting in September!

I want a birthday party on the 15th of December;)

What a great birthday present! My birthday is September 22nd! :) :) :) I smell PINS as part of my presents! WHOOPEE!!!

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

One less week I'll have to drive over there myself...

:jester:

I am looking forward to these pins, the last ones made great traders at the parks. We don't go for the whole set, just the ones we like. As for the price-I really can't see the DS charging too much more than the last pins since they had alot left over.
I will be setting my alarm for Sept 22 and be in line at my DS after I reset the credit limit on my credit cards!!

First, let me say-Peoplemover, I love your Care Bear avitar! I've always had a soft spot for those little bears.
Next, I'm not sure I'm going to suck into this set of pins. My closest Disney Store is 40 minutes away. It gets to be a real chore running up there every weekend. Plus, as nice as they are, these pins are just that, nice to look at. (Don't get me wrong, I love my other pin set! I pop open my pin book all the time.) I don't see how I can possibly afford another whole set of 100 pins. SInce I now collect only what I really like and trade for fun, I'm not sure this whole set will make sense for me. I'd rather put the money towards a trip to WDW.

What is nice is that with 100 pins it will give those that can't get tot he parks something to go after and a set to complete. You don't have to buy them all you trade for a few... It will be a good shot in the arm for pin trading...:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I know I am very excited. I only get to WDW once a year at best. I can't wait for the thrill of buying a brand new pin! The instant gratification will be incredible (I won't have to wait a week for the LBE).

Chris

Hi, with the last DS pin set, there was a 2 pin limit. I know because I have 3 DS's within 10 minutes from my house and I would hit at least 2 of them every friday because I was always picking up pins for someone. And speaking of friday, saturday release will really suck! Too crowded! :mad: Money :smooth: (checking under couch for an extra $600 to $800 bucks :confused: )

Ok Kids.. listen up!

There is probably going to be a two pin limit per Guest.

And as an added note... looks like the Pins now fall under a "collectible Category" And as such will not be returnable after 30 days!

With the 101 MS the problem came in that "Sharks" were buying up everything in groups at numerous stores then after all was said and done, and we all knew which were the "hot commodities" they returned the rest.

Returns of that magnitude $400 + hurts business.

Saturday release makes the castmembers job a little easier in that on Fridays the release time was 1pm.
And people kept calling asking to have pins" held "
until Saturday. For the "working pin collectors... Sat. seems more fair! Dh's everywhere can run in while we wait with the kids... :)

Gotta go readjust my Pin spending money for August!

Kathy:wave:

Snowgooseltd, I did the same math as soon as someone had posted the information days ago. I can only guess that there may be weeks that there may be a special pin or two more.

Anyone have a true handle on what our cost of these might be?

That's the best thing about living in our area. The Disney Store near me thinks I'm crazy when I tell them my wife and I collect pins. But they will have them just the same. No line here. I hope. Maybe our refund the pres. talks about will be here by then.
Kris:bounce: :bounce:

I feel like I am the only Disney pin collector in Omaha. So I shouldn't have to beat off other local pin addicts. ;)

Gee... maybe Nat should round up some campers for all of us to drive to Omaha and keep you company ! LOL

Kathy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter