Ohana....DIS guys killed it?

We had our worst dining experience ever there. We will not go back, we found the food over priced and our server was honestly really bad.

I had a meh experience there a few years ago. Everything was bland except for the dessert (which was very good). But I was there the year of the menu overhaul with the lettuce wrap experiment. I've heard that the food has improved over the past year or so since they had complaints from repeat guests & returned to a more balanced menu. I grabbed an early ADR for this Fall for a retry so hoping for the best.

We LOVE Ohana dinner and it is one of the few must dos on every trip:love:. But...if you read these boards at all you will find that Ohana has a huge ongoing debate between the lovers and the haters. For every good review on here, you will find one that hates it just as much:duck:. There's at least a thread a day asking for opinions about Ohana. Probably the most debated restaurant in WDW. I give my personal experience but always tell people that ultimately they have to decide for themselves. Good luck!

We've always enjoyed it, and I assume many others do also, judging by how difficult it is snagging an ADR for it.

These days, DisUnplugged consistently rave about O'hana as one of the best table service meals on property. I agree with them, it's a must do for us. The one trip where I didn't eat there was when I was with my mom and my brother and his family who eat like birds (not my brother, but my mom, brother's girlfriend and daughter) and usually order one entree and extra plates to split it so I knew O'hana would be wasted on them, but I sure missed it.
Keep the phone lines burning, usually something opens even if it is later or earlier than you had hoped.

I hope bad reviews stop everyone from booking so I can get a reservation for 11 people in November! LOL

We love it
I hear you LOL, I always hesitate to answer when people ask about the hidden gems, because I really don't want those places to get well known. We love Cape May and Sanaa also and I remember when they were easy walk ups, not anymore.

Interesting! In an overview they do of the Polynesian, Craig and Ryno seem to love it. I am excited to go for the first time on my next trip.

I've also seen the overview with Craig and Ryno and I've also heard Pete bring it up quite a few times as a favorite of his. That said, it is our family favorite and must do every trip. We love it!!

I hear you LOL, I always hesitate to answer when people ask about the hidden gems, because I really don't want those places to get well known. We love Cape May and Sanaa also and I remember when they were easy walk ups, not anymore.

Haha! Same! That's us with The Wave (shhhhh....)

We were really looking forward to it, but the food was low quality and super salty and just not good. Dessert, as everyone says, is great. We'll never go out of our way to eat there again. We're not AYCY fans, anyway; I'd rather have a smaller portion of something crafted and delicious, and what they serve is not that. Meat had lots of grizzle and syrupy sauce, noodles were super salty. I had a stomach ache by the time we left. :sad2:

We love it and go there every trip.
Lots of delicious food and that dessert is absolutely amazing

I don't know about the food anymore - haven't been in ages - but its SO loud you can hear it outside the restaurant. I don't think that anyone will suggest you'll have a relaxing, quiet evening there. Some people think it's super fun, but no one has ever argued that it was a quiet dining atmosphere and I hate loud chaotic places. The information might influence you too.

We've been 3 times, the last trip was in December. We have had the best servers ever at Ohana, each time we went they were incredible. They must make a lot in tips because it felt like the level of server at Ohana was a tick or two above other TS restaurants we've eaten at and we though those other servers were great! Very professional and courteous.
The food is incredible. We have dreams about the meats! I don't know how they get it to taste that good. They're cooking it out in the open, over a fire, and yet something about it tastes way better than any grilled meat I've had before.
I'm gluten free and I would gladly give up a toe or a finger in exchange for just one bite of that dessert they bring out. It should be outlawed. Just looking at it I wish I could dive, head first, into it.
It seemed fairly relaxed to me, when they weren't doing the coconut races of course! A guy was walking around the dining area playing christmas songs on a ukulele. Sooo soothing. I think the music aided my digestion so I, of course, could eat more meats.
Go for it! And enjoy your trip!

We love the breakfast, dinner was a must do every trip for years, and now they could not get us to eat dinner there if it were free. While we will still have breakfast there every trip, the dinner the last three times was horrible.

The one time I went it was pretty damn bad.

The beginning courses were super rushed, and then we waited nearly 50 minutes for the skewers to get to us. They would run out before they got to our table, and instead of starting where they ran out, they started again at the beginning of their route.

I believe it depends on what you call 'good' restaurant food. We liken it to similar quality to what one would find at golden corral buffets or similar chain restaurants. Again, this is our opinion. We just don't care for quantity over quality. It's a lot of money for a meal that can be much improved by going somewhere like the Grand Floridian cafe, Kona, Sanaa or many others.

My main problem was that I just didn't care for the flavor of everything. It all tasted sweet. I'm not a fan of terriyaki I guess. The meat wasn't great quality either. Noodles bland. A bowl of broccoli? Meh. Plus we were seated along the "parade route" so we had a stream of kids running and screaming past us with parents bumping into us trying to keep up or shove their kid in the line.

And don't get me started on the shrieking person with the ukelele.

The bread pudding wasn't worth the enduring the rest of the meal...and not at all even close to the amazing goodness of the bread pudding at Raglan Road.

On a plus, our server was fantastic.

Trying to check off Ohana on my "bucket list" for September. Can't anything so far...but I keep trying. I saw an archived DIS episode where Kevin and John killed it. So I'm second guessing if I should even try. Any thoughts? TIA!

Here now, and after countless trips over the years with 'Ohana being a 'must do' can say it is alive and well.

I 'Never' listen to anyone's reviews of my favorite places and have not been disappointed. It has been/and is a great place. Just had dinner there Sat. night. Yum! I hate the negativity of the Dis. :(

Ohana is just not great. The service leaves something to be desired.
And the food? It really is kind of average/low quality. It is salty, greasy overseasoned, overcooked comfort food. And sooooooooo much of it. I honestly can't wrap my head around the need to eat that much food in a day let alone a single meal. For the price, there are far better table service options on property.
I get why some like it. But it's just not for us. And none of our kids liked it either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter