Ohana dinner question

I’m asking because I know my 11yr old dd would like it. Funny how different everyone’s experience has been.

Every time we go, it seems like everyone at all tables around us receives leis, but we never do. I always wondered if it’s because we don’t have kids in our party, but maybe it’s more random than that.

These artificial leis are made of a material that sheds lots of tiny fibers all over the place.

Yes they majorly do.

Yes, and they itch!

We've been given leis as guests of the Poly when we checked in. I braided two into DGD's hair before she entered the pool so I could take a Esther Williams type pic for her parents. No itching or disintegration/shedding fibers so perhaps in the last 2 years they've changed the material composition.

We've been given leis as guests of the Poly when we checked in. I braided two into DGD's hair before she entered the pool so I could take a Esther Williams type pic for her parents. No itching or disintegration/shedding fibers so perhaps in the last 2 years they've changed the material composition.
Last may they were still the super itchy shedding ones. Mine shed all over me in the short time I wore it. I actually took it off while dining because I didn't want to end up with the stuff in my food. I pretty much wore it for 5 minutes at dinner then for the uber ride from Poly back to Pop because it was so itchy and I had fibers all over my clothes

Last may they were still the super itchy shedding ones. Mine shed all over me in the short time I wore it. I actually took it off while dining because I didn't want to end up with the stuff in my food. I pretty much wore it for 5 minutes at dinner then for the uber ride from Poly back to Pop because it was so itchy and I had fibers all over my clothes
:(. Maybe they get them from different vendors at times- looks like a real standard Oriental Trading Co. type item.

Glad I have the non itchy versions since DGD and her bestie are currently in a Frida Kahlo mode and I plan to braid them into their hair again with ribbons added when we eat at 'Ohana this April. Good I finally found a use for the leis since the garbage can has been asking for their presence;).

We asked for them at the desk one time and were each given one. There was 5 of us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter