Ohana dinner question

hammie59

DIS Veteran
Do you recieve a lei at dinner? I’ve seen a few videos where some people have them on, but not everyone.

We got a lei at the poly when we ate at ohana in December, but we got it in the lobby. We had driven so we walked through on our way and they were offered. We even mentioned we were just visiting and they have us a lei anyway.

We got a lei at the poly when we ate at ohana in December, but we got it in the lobby. We had driven so we walked through on our way and they were offered. We even mentioned we were just visiting and they have us a lei anyway.
Funny because when we checked in there last summer we weren’t offered one! Never know I guess :)

My daughter and I were given one at dinner. It looks as though there’s no consistency to who does/ does not nor the location.

We’ve gotten lei’s the majority of our dinners at ‘Ohana. Usually it’s when they have the kids volunteer to learn the hula or when the singer is walking around.

I’ve also seen them given out to those with special occasions, birthdays, anniversaries etc

But we have had a couple visits when we didn’t get them... could just be a timing or luck thing.

In November, we got 7 of them for a party of 3, for no reason. You truly never know.

Usually they’re given out during the singing. They will ask for anniversaries, special things being celebrated and you can get a lei from the person singing. It just depends if that happens during the time you are there. They used to do that about every hour, that and the coconut races but I have noticed they don’t do either of those things consistently anymore.

We just ate there on Saturday night. My kids got them while participating in coconut races. I did not get one.

We ate there last March and were given leis at the restaurant while we were eating. Actually our waiter put them on our heads

They do give them out but I have no idea why. I just know because we have a half dozen hanging in the dining room from previous trips.

I've seen leis given out to 'Ohana guests when we stayed @ Poly. Don't recall if we received any when we ate there.

When we went in October, they were giving them out in the lobby. My son really wanted them for all of us so we went up to the table and they gave us them. They did not ask if we were staying there. We ate there for breakfast and dinner and did not see them giving them out at the restaurant at either meal.

It's varied for us. We did not receive leis when we've stayed at the Poly. We received leis once at 'Ohana breakfast and once at 'Ohana dinner, but the dinner leis were strictly for the bday people in our group. All other 'Ohana visits were lei-less. :rotfl:

It is hit or miss for us. Sometimes we get one, sometimes we don't. Anyway, we were there this past Feb and we did get one! They gave it to us towards the end of the dinner though. But, I was happy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter