• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Oh Sweet Mother of Bread Pudding...What have I got myself into? 9/26 Update!

We did the Garden Grill dinner last visit (June 2010). My kids' proclaimed it the BEST at WDW.:banana: Their parents' also enjoyed it-great service and food was good too. Not to mention the venue; they loved the rotating restaurant and we immediately went on 'The Land' ride afterward. For our visit this year one of the first questions was...'can we go back to that restaurant:dance3: that went in circles!'

Loving the reviews so far. Our whole family are total Sonic nuts!! Happy Hour indeed!!! :thumbsup2 I went there 3 days in a row last weekend just to get drinks... I think I may have a problem...

Keep the great reviews coming! I love your wit!

I made it over to your food review! yeah!! first I love your rating system! Paula Deen as an A is perfect! She is one of my favorites! "It's Paula Deen y'all!" Love her haha.

I cannot believe the parking situation at Swan/Dolphin. That is horrible especially since Dan has a disability with his feet. I would think the manager would have comped you for your parking since that's what a good manager with any customer service skills would have done. Well at least the food at the Garden Grove was tasty! I bought at gift certificate off of restaurants.com for there as well so I may use it when we finally take our disney vacay for DD's 3rd bday (hopefully beginning of next year some time!) Can't wait to see more delicious food!!!

Please, I really just like reading the dining review and food pictures,
I do not care for scrolling through 23 pages of replies.
Can you please link your reviews on your first page, so we can go directly to them.:confused3

Dawn, as far as contacted the Swan and letting them know how horrible their service was, I filled our the survey that came shortly after my stay, and really explained in great detail my qualms! As for Disney, I contacted special diets and let them know how wonderful all of the disney chefs were, but that being affiliated with the Swan and Dolphin should mean they also uphold a certain amount of control over that aspect as well. I got an apology, but also something letting me know that since they do not hire the chefs at the restaurant, or the management for the company, they can't do that much. Hopefully my concerns were noted!! Let me know if you decide to contact someone, and what they say in response!

Please, I really just like reading the dining review and food pictures,
I do not care for scrolling through 23 pages of replies.
Can you please link your reviews on your first page, so we can go directly to them.:confused3
driving to south carolina so sorry to make short but links are already on very bottom of the first post. :thumbsup2

I am enjoying your reviews. So sorry about your parking prblem at Garden Grove. I hadn't read any reviews on the Garden Grove yet and am thankful for your thorough review. So, it is not on the DDP? You said something about a certificate or coupon, can you tell me more about that? Thanks for all your help; can't wait to read more! :)

Thanks for your thorough and specific review of Garden Grove. Just listened to the DIS podcast and they almost unanimously hated it. Granted, they hadn't eaten there in quite some time. But their comments were opposite of most of yours. That's why I love getting lots of opinions!!

Have a safe trip to SC!!!

I am enjoying your reviews. So sorry about your parking prblem at Garden Grove. I hadn't read any reviews on the Garden Grove yet and am thankful for your thorough review. So, it is not on the DDP? You said something about a certificate or coupon, can you tell me more about that? Thanks for all your help; can't wait to read more! :)

Since Dawn is on the road - I can give you a bit of info on the coupon deal.

The Swan/Dolphin restaurants are not DDP.

There is a website - restaurant.com that you can go to and buy gift certificates for restaurants cheap - like $10 for a $25 GC. Most of the restaurants at Swan/Dolphin have them available. There are restrictions on use (only one at the same restaurant per month etc.). Sometimes there are codes to get them discounted even further. Great deal since some of those are prices - Shula's, Il Mulino...
on the website - you can choose a location to search for restaurants and find them all over the country. You pay for via credit card, and print them out and off you go!
My DD sold gift certificates for Restaurant.com as part of her school fundraiser, so I got a good deal. Still have to use it!

Just found your Food Review TR. I'm only 15 pages behind! :scared1: Time to get reading! :thumbsup2 If it's anything like your other TRs, it's going to be a fun ride! :banana::dance3:

Hello from MN..........I can't wait to read the rest :) :thumbsup2 My sister & her family are joining us this August & they are driving -- how long did it take you? We are in North St Paul (few minutes from St. Paul)...OH--& thank you for sending the WONDERFUL weather back with you !!!! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

We are from Winona- 2 hours south of St. Paul and we have drove down to Disney 4 times now. It takes us about 22 hours straight through. Doing it again in August too!!!

Slight hijack... Just wanted to say Hello to some fellow Minnesotans! Jenny I sent you a PM (I grew up in NSP! :cool1:) and I lived in Winona for about 2 years. Fun to see familiar towns here on the DIS! :banana:

back to the awesomeness that is Dawn's TR... :dance3: (who is another great Minnesotan of course!!)

Hi! :) Just wanted to say I'm enjoying your reviews very much! I have been working my way through for a while now and finally caught up. You are a great writer - humorous, witty, detailed, and very entertaining! I think your style is so hard to come by but you do an excellent job. I actually read your TR where your son took his shirt off in Space Mountain (or something like that) but it was either while you were close to the end or completely finished so I never commented. Loved that one too!

We're staying at the Dolphin in October and you have me considering Garden Grove now. Up until now I really hadn't. Since it's only myself and my husband we usually don't do the character meals since we figure we'll have plenty of those experiences later. Maybe we'll give this one shot now!

Keep em coming! :goodvibes

Slight hijack... Just wanted to say Hello to some fellow Minnesotans! Jenny I sent you a PM (I grew up in NSP! :cool1:) and I lived in Winona for about 2 years. Fun to see familiar towns here on the DIS! :banana:

back to the awesomeness that is Dawn's TR... :dance3: (who is another great Minnesotan of course!!)

Oh we Minnesotans are ALL OVER this thread!!!
Mic n Min - I will PM you - I grew up in NSP/Maplewood - wouldn't it be weird if we found out we knew each other??
I didn't end up very far away - in Oakdale now!
Jennyf2 - PM'd you too!

Oh we Minnesotans are ALL OVER this thread!!!
Mic n Min - I will PM you - I grew up in NSP/Maplewood - wouldn't it be weird if we found out we knew each other??
I didn't end up very far away - in Oakdale now!
Jennyf2 - PM'd you too!

Add another Minnesotan....however, originally from Ohio! Living in Eden Prairie now.

Since Dawn is on the road - I can give you a bit of info on the coupon deal.

The Swan/Dolphin restaurants are not DDP.

There is a website - restaurant.com that you can go to and buy gift certificates for restaurants cheap - like $10 for a $25 GC. Most of the restaurants at Swan/Dolphin have them available. There are restrictions on use (only one at the same restaurant per month etc.). Sometimes there are codes to get them discounted even further. Great deal since some of those are prices - Shula's, Il Mulino...
on the website - you can choose a location to search for restaurants and find them all over the country. You pay for via credit card, and print them out and off you go!
My DD sold gift certificates for Restaurant.com as part of her school fundraiser, so I got a good deal. Still have to use it!

Thanks so much! I will check that out. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter