Oh pleazzzzz

One: If you are traveling and staying in the Disney area, food is going to be an issue for your MIL unless you have a suite and she orders in diet frozen dinners or something similar. Is there anyplace in Disneyland that serves low cal meals? Maybe at CA, but unless your MIL plans to leave the parks to eat, it will be a challenge.

Has she taken this into account and made plans for eating? Honestly, eating at the buffets, etc, won't be any less healthy. In fact, it may be her best bet for getting lean meats and salads.

Two: You might want to point out to her that while Disney is for families, the focus...or at least your focus...is on the kids. If you have cell phones or walkie-talkies, she can go her way and do her own thing and it won't be a problem to catch up with each other after meals. Or, if she wouldn't have to eat at all....

I'll be honest, this is one thing that drives me crazy. People assume that fat people have food at the center of their lives. I've found it to be that people who fear being fat are the ones who put food at the center of their lives!

Jennifer,

I will take care of all your problems...zaps MIL into oblivion pixiedust:

problem solved...bye bye dear MIL :wave:

:confused3 Thats to bad! People who dont totally LOVE Disney have a hard time understanding why anyone would spend that much $$ on Great seats! :thumbsup2 Jennifer you have such a young family, you need to do this stuff! Take lots and lots of pics, are you staying at the PPH?? If you are, when you go to PCH Grill ask about the "Sink", its this crazy huge ice-cream with 10 scoops, and a zillion toppings! Your kids will love it. :banana: My MIL and FIL, think we are out of our minds "waisting our money" on takeing the kids to a "NO Holds Bar" Disney trip. When they do show up...this was the first year they did not...they Never want to eat where we have made plans. :confused3 I dont worry about it. Does your MIL know that you must book like 2 months out for a ressie at Disney?? Maybe a little more discussion is in order :grouphug: . We will be heading back for 3 night at the PPH on Aug 1st. and we have a family reunion planned. My hubbys side of the family. Most all the adults with out kids are staying 1 night. Too much Disney for them..Hee! Heee! :rotfl2:

ploeb said:
:confused3 Thats to bad! People who dont totally LOVE Disney have a hard time understanding why anyone would spend that much $$ on Great seats!

Actually, I think that people who totally LOVE Disney have a much harder time understanding people who don't. When you plan something for others that's costing them money, don't always expect them to blithely go along. I am someone who LOVES Disney, but I would balk at spending $56 for a desert buffet. I totally understand MIL's reaction (which wasn't all that awful).

We generally travel "in a pack", with different groups of people. This weekend, we'll be in Santa Barbara with a total of 11 people. Next month's family reunion is 27. We travel with different people with different moods, likes, dislikes and BUDGETS!!! I do ALL the planning and coordinating.

IMHO---If you are PAYING for something, you (basically) control it. If other people are paying their own way, they can choose to participate or not. Following my rationale, I would include her in the plans, until she chooses not to attend. Her dollar, her choice---all you can do is make the information available to her to make a decision. No hard feelings---just call her on the cell when you are done, and you can meet up again to continue the family fun!

We don't change our family's vacation plans, but we will attempt to accommodate everybody. The point of traveling together is to share the fun, but that only works if what you are doing is fun for everybody, KWIM??

No MIl's reaction wasn't that awful I just thought since she lives in Oregon and we live in Arizona and she doesn't see our children very much that she would be a little more excited about sharing these moments with them. She has only seen my youngest dd who is 15 months 1 time and in the last 3 years has only seen my oldest 2 times.

Yookeroo said:
Actually, I think that people who totally LOVE Disney have a much harder time understanding people who don't. When you plan something for others that's costing them money, don't always expect them to blithely go along. I am someone who LOVES Disney, but I would balk at spending $56 for a desert buffet. I totally understand MIL's reaction (which wasn't all that awful).
I get what you are saying, however...I dont think Jen was "blithely" :guilty: including her MIL, she did say..I think..that she was paying for other things for her MIL on this trip. Yes its costly to do this, if the MIL cant she can still be sweet about it and not tell her shes crazy. :stir: Its a one time thing for the MIL. And if shes only paying for herself...this is their vacation that they were nice enough to include her in. And if memory serves...the MIL invited herself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter