Oh no! They're calling for rain!

Head to MK. That is the best time to go there. When it is supposed to rain, we change our plans, head to MK and hit all the rides like Buzz, IASW, SM, etc...

Do they give you your money back if they close the parks for a full day and you already have a ticket for that day?

If I am not mistaken the ONLY day Disney has ever closed was on 9/11. You aren't going to get any money back. Not even a free stroller rental.

When we were there last it rained everyday around 1:00 for at least an hour. So be prepared! Go to Walmart and buy a decent poncho. And dont forget to smile...you are at Disney afterall!

Wait until you see the grass for a couple of miles leading up to the Magic Kingdom. :sad2: It looks awful-like brown straw. We need some rain. Crocks are good in the major puddles.

Being local, I say BRING ON THE RAIN! We really really need it!

Touring the parks in the rain really isn't bad. They close down some outdoor attractions for lightning but rain alone won't shut them down. Put on your poncho (or bring an umbrella) and have a blast! My kids still talk about the time we rode BTMRR four times without getting off in the rain. There was also a special raindy day afternoon parade at MK. It was neat to see a different parade and interact with the characters (Brer Rabbit was a hoot!). They claim it was one of the best days ever.

Glitterkitty your back! how was the trip. Did you put your butt in the fountain? ride Dumbo?

Glitterkitty your back! how was the trip. Did you put your butt in the fountain? ride Dumbo?

We go just about every weekend. We didn't hit MK this past weekend (we did Epcot) so the butt dipping and Dumbo riding will have to wait until next weekend. But I'll tell ya what, I'll dip my butt twice just for you! :rotfl2:

We go just about every weekend. We didn't hit MK this past weekend (we did Epcot) so the butt dipping and Dumbo riding will have to wait until next weekend. But I'll tell ya what, I'll dip my butt twice just for you! :rotfl2:

and then you can dry off on dumbo with your butt in the air:lmao:

We had the best time riding Expedition Everest in the rain!! I don't think I have ever laughed so hard!

My family has a way or shedding some of the everyday rules at WDW.

Adults become kids, sweet treats become a food group, we walk in the sunshine and play in the puddles etc etc..... :dance3:

I would consider playing in a rainstorm any day of the week in WDW a dream come true :)

Save yourself the grief and the wasted time of looking at weather forecasts more than about a day out.

I sat on my porch this morning reading the Orlando Sentinel's front page articles about drought and fires and the fact there was simply no rain in sight.

That was after it had poured all night and continued to rain until 11am.

I wish I could be more sympathetic, but unfortunately as you have read, there are thousands of wildfires burning right now in the state, and as a result many have lost their homes. The great thing about Florida, however, is if you dont like the weather, just wait a minute and it'll change:thumbsup2

Do they give you your money back if they close the parks for a full day and you already have a ticket for that day?

We got a comp ticket for that day, but that was for a hurricane, and I think they've only closed the parks for weather 4-5 times since WDW opened. You won't have any worries about that. They don't close the parks for rain, or storms or lightning. On our last day and a half last year it poured (that wasn't the word for it, most of the time) due to TS Barry and nothing was closed except maybe Test Tract. It usually rains for a while every day during the summer season, into the fall, it's just the way it is in FL.

If I am not mistaken the ONLY day Disney has ever closed was on 9/11. You aren't going to get any money back. Not even a free stroller rental.

No, they closed a couple of times for hurricanes in 2004. They were closed a day or maybe two for Charley a couple weeks before our trip, and they were clsoed for one day for Jeanne while we were there. We did get comp tickets for the hurricane day, but we were booked with a package and the now-extinct UPH tickets. We were given the comp tickets at checkout.

I think that is ALWAYS the forecast for Orlando. Always have your poncho handy and I would buy one somewhere other than the park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter