Oh no! They're calling for rain!

melanieh1

Mouseketeer
They're calling for thunderstorms Sunday, Tuesday, and Wednesday so far of next week. What to do? Do they close the rides and shows?

Being local, I say BRING ON THE RAIN! We really really need it!

Touring the parks in the rain really isn't bad. They close down some outdoor attractions for lightning but rain alone won't shut them down. Put on your poncho (or bring an umbrella) and have a blast! My kids still talk about the time we rode BTMRR four times without getting off in the rain. There was also a special raindy day afternoon parade at MK. It was neat to see a different parade and interact with the characters (Brer Rabbit was a hoot!). They claim it was one of the best days ever.

Florida desperately needs rain - though I'm sure that doesn't make it any fun for tourists. If it rains hard enough, or if there is lightning, outdoor shows (like Off Kilter at Epcot) will be cancelled. Outdoor rides will be closed, too.

We have been having rain here off and on all morning. It has been heavenly. Finally some rain. :)

They're calling for thunderstorms Sunday, Tuesday, and Wednesday so far of next week. What to do? Do they close the rides and shows?

Welcome to Florida :).

WDW works to keep everything working so long as you are safe. Most of the rides have no issues running in poor weather. Those that could be affected by lightning like BTM and SM might be affected. Parades have been canceled in extreme conditions. But WDW tracks weather there by the cloud ;)

Like I said, it's Florida, T-Storms are nothing new :)

We have been having rain here off and on all morning. It has been heavenly. Finally some rain. :)

Raining pretty hard in Tampa right now. My lawn and allergies thank mother nature for the assist. :)

Boy I hope it puts out all the fires!!!

For those visiting today there is a 40% chance of rain. The rest of the week it looks like 10 %.

My lawn looks like straw. We still have people setting wild fires. We need some good soaking rains so the fire threat goes down.

I don't think anyone wants to walk through the parks smelling smoke or worry about fires at WDW.

Buy ponchos and continue on with your plans. Don't let the rain ruin your time. The shows and attractions are inside. The most you'll miss is a parade if it's raining.

Nothing closes for rain, some things might temporarily for lightning as mentioned above. A lot of times, people start leaving and the lines get shorter.

We've been to WDW twice in the summer (last Memorial Day week and in late August before that) and had rain almost every afternoon. The only time we've seen anything close was on our 2004 trip, and that was because of a hurricane. The parks were closed from 7 pm Saturday night until Monday morning.

It's been dry as a bone the last couple of months and I think I heard that right around May 20th is the start of rainy season,so you can pretty much guarantee that most days between now and early October will have some kind of rain chance.Also I think Test Track does close when it rains.

Nothing closes for rain, some things might temporarily for lightning as mentioned above. A lot of times, people start leaving and the lines get shorter.

We've been to WDW twice in the summer (last Memorial Day week and in late August before that) and had rain almost every afternoon. The only time we've seen anything close was on our 2004 trip, and that was because of a hurricane. The parks were closed from 7 pm Saturday night until Monday morning.

Do they give you your money back if they close the parks for a full day and you already have a ticket for that day?

Spend money and buy good ponchos, though. And make them nice and long. Plus, make sure you get some footwear or gear for your shoes.

It rained our first day at WDW last month when we went. We came to Florida with really cheap ponchos in tow. And the rain just decimated that poor thing so badly that we had to stay in the hotel.

Next time, we're going out with some good ponchos and galoshes. We missed an evening EMH due to poor rain gear!

What website are you looking at? I looked at accuweather.com and didn't see rain at all!

We've been there many days when it has rained. Throw on the poncho and keep on truckin'! I've seen the parks clear out a bit during then too because people go back to their hotels to wait out the rain. Since a huge amount of the rides are under cover, you'll still have more than enough to keep you busy. :thumbsup2

I agree with the PP, good ponchos, an umbrella, some crocs and a positive attitude and you'll find that a rainy day at Disney is a great day indeed! And yes, thank goodness you Floridians are getting the rain! The south needs it!

It usually does not rain all day. In May/ June they get a midday terrential down por and then it is over. It is actually kind of nice because some people actually leave the park!

Put on a poncho and carry on!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter