Offsite Hotel Question For 3 Hotels

lpfan8278

Earning My Ears
Hi I'm coming to Disneyland with my pregnant wife and 5 year old son in late April. We are stuck between three hotels; Anaheim Desert Inn and Suites, Candy Cane Inn and Park Vue Inn. We are trying to be as cheap as possible on the rooms because we don't plan on being there other than sleeping and swimming. We saw great reviews on the Candy Cane Inn and Park Vue Inn, however Anaheim Desert Inn is around $300 cheaper. Is it worth the $300 more to be at Candy Cane or Park Vue or would Anaheim Desert Inn be sufficient. Any pros and cons for the above three? Thank you!

I guess whether it's worth it would be an individual thing but for us, it would be worth that much more to stay at PVI because it's so much closer. I don't know about the others but PVI also has a nice free breakfast with a view into the park. It's well kept and modern with a great pool.
We've always enjoyed staying there.

ADI is fine, clean, well rated and good size rooms. It’s an extra 2-3 mins walk than PVI and closer than CCI although CCI does have its own shuttle service.
of those three, ADI would get my vote. PVI is nice enough but a bit overpriced since I stayed there for the sake of been 2-3 mins closer IMO.
All the best.

We stayed at Desert Inn on our last visit, and are staying there for our next visit. We save a lot of money, as we need a suite, and suite rooms are pricey. ADI had the best price by far. It’s basic, but clean and roomy, and so close!!

That’s the big draw for me is the money we would save if we stayed at ADI, I just wasn’t sure if it wasn’t a good place to stay compared to the other two

It’s a good property, nothing wrong with it at all. Its a clean, basic motel just that couple of minutes further than the PVI from DL but then again, it’s closer to Gardenwalk and other stuff. Just don’t expect the Ritz and you’ll be fine.
All the best.

Throwing in a different opinion here:
For us, the choice would be the CCI, no question. We usually have my parents with us when we stay there, so it is worth the extra cost for us to have the peace of mind that my parents will have excellent customer service whenever they need it. We always get the Premium Rooms (larger rooms, free breakfast delivered to the room, microwave and small fridge in the room, DVD player, robes and amenities basket, etc.) and have never had a bad stay. The shuttle runs on time and the drivers help my parents in and out each time. The pool area is small, but very clean and nicely kept up. CCI does offer various discounts and a return customer discount, too.

For me, it would be the Candy Cane. I personally like a nicer room than the DI&S as I enjoy the room too. And the beds there were just too hard for me. I love the Candy Cane, but we stay in a premium room and enjoy the amenities.

I'd pick DI&S. It's very close, the price is good, and it's a suite. We just got back and the room we had was very nice--it was an upgrade, we were told, but I don't know what was upgraded as it was exactly like the other rooms I've stayed in at that motel in the past except it was on the top (5th) floor and possibly the rooms we had before didn't have a mw but I don't recall. There is a room when you first walk through the door that can be closed off and it has a queen sofa bed, TV, fridge, and MW. That's nice if your kid(s) are sleeping and you want to read or watch TV; also nice if you have kids that want to be separate from the parents. You will walk almost as much using the CCI shuttle as to go to DI&S, and I wasn't very impressed with my stay at CCI, though we didn't have a premium room (had deluxe) and that may make a big difference. But with a 5-year-old, I'd stick with someting close and if you can save $300, go with DI&S. PVI is also fine but why pay more when you can get a suite for less?

If swimming is a big deal, I have heard the DI&S pool is not the best. Being indoors and having very strong chlorine smell. I myself have stayed there, but never swam.

I would choose CCI if I planned on taking breaks during the day and hanging in my room. If you plan on just being in the parks all day, I would save the $$ and go with DI&S. It was not he most spectacular stay I have ever had, but the room was clean and it worked for us.

We plan on using the pool some but not a lot. How bad is the indoor pool for people that have used it?

I’d choose PVI for convenience. I haven’t stayed at Desert Inn but of the three, PVI is closest. CCI rooms are tiny. I’m guessing premium room are larger but I wouldn’t pay more for them and not have the ease of a short walk back to my room that PVI provides. It’s very time consuming taking CCI shuttles and maybe I just had bad luck but the shuttle was late for us and one night didn’t show up at all, had to call and they sent a little van to pick everyone up. Waste of time standing there as I was thinking I could have been asleep in my PVI room by then.

We plan on using the pool some but not a lot. How bad is the indoor pool for people that have used it?
It's not bad, it's just not what you would expect from a So Cal pool. It's an indoor pool similar to any other indoor hotel pool that you would find in a colder climate.

Hi I'm coming to Disneyland with my pregnant wife and 5 year old son in late April. We are stuck between three hotels; Anaheim Desert Inn and Suites, Candy Cane Inn and Park Vue Inn. We are trying to be as cheap as possible on the rooms because we don't plan on being there other than sleeping and swimming. We saw great reviews on the Candy Cane Inn and Park Vue Inn, however Anaheim Desert Inn is around $300 cheaper. Is it worth the $300 more to be at Candy Cane or Park Vue or would Anaheim Desert Inn be sufficient. Any pros and cons for the above three? Thank you!

We absolutely love the Park Vue Inn. We have stayed there four times since June, and just got back from a weekend trip late last night. We love it. The entire inn has been recently renovated, the staff is so helpful, it’s very clean, free parking, the beds are comfortable, they have great returning guest rates, and it is so close to the parks. With a pregnant wife and a five year old, I would do the PVI. We prefer staying on the second floor and our favorite room is room 228! The downside to the second floor is no elevator- we just put the stroller in the car at night.

We are staying at Hotel Indigo for our December trip because the PVI is booked and I’m dreading it because it’s not the Park Vue!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter