Offsite Hotel Question For 3 Hotels

We ended up booking Desert Inn and Suites the $300 savings is what sold us to have extra money for the parks

We just had a good stay there the other day, as I mentioned. I have had mediocre stays there as well, mainly because we were booked alongside a very large group of high school students and that was a lot more noise and activity than we expected. You might ask for the top floor; it was very quiet and no one is stomping around above you :)

The breakfast is sub-par, with cold cereal, bananas and maybe apples?, hard-boiled eggs and the kind of bagels, bread, pastries etc. that are low quality motel fare. They have juice and coffee. I don't eat the breakast at any of the motels so I don't consider it much in my decision unless I'm with someone who does care.

As far as the pool, I saw nothing wrong with it. I didn't swim in it myself, but my daughter and grandson did and it just seemed like a regular indoor pool. There is the usual chlorine smell you get from most pools but nothing out of the ordinary. I did use the spa and it was nice at first but not quite as hot as I like it so I got a little too cool.

The distance from the crosswalk is almost nothing, so the price and convenience plus having a suite seem like you made a good choice. If it turns out that it's not a great motel for your family, just book one of the other ones next time. There are things about DI&S that aren't great, like there is a $13 per day parking fee, they won't store your luggage but make you use a coin locker, and it's fairly basic but each one of those places has its pros and cons and they're all pretty good.

We ended up booking Desert Inn and Suites the $300 savings is what sold us to have extra money for the parks

hello! would love to hear your review on Desert Inn. Looking to stay here later this year and I'm seeing mixed reviews. Thanks!

Hi I'm coming to Disneyland with my pregnant wife and 5 year old son in late April. We are stuck between three hotels; Anaheim Desert Inn and Suites, Candy Cane Inn and Park Vue Inn. We are trying to be as cheap as possible on the rooms because we don't plan on being there other than sleeping and swimming. We saw great reviews on the Candy Cane Inn and Park Vue Inn, however Anaheim Desert Inn is around $300 cheaper. Is it worth the $300 more to be at Candy Cane or Park Vue or would Anaheim Desert Inn be sufficient. Any pros and cons for the above three? Thank you!

Park Vue Inn, request a double queen on the second floor. We have stayed other places as well, and will never underestimate again how much value their location adds. It makes a big difference after a long day at the parks. Having been pregnant twice, out of those three, PVI 💯. I also love how you can park there all day on check in and check out day for no extra charge.

I love the coin locker at Desert inn because I can deal with my luggage at my convenience. At other hotels I’ve waited a long tine to check or retrieve my bags. Also my son feels his laptop is safer in a locker.

I’ve stayed at desert inn several times. I think the savings is worth it for the park proximity.

I love the coin locker at Desert inn because I can deal with my luggage at my convenience. At other hotels I’ve waited a long tine to check or retrieve my bags. Also my son feels his laptop is safer in a locker.

I’ve stayed at desert inn several times. I think the savings is worth it for the park proximity.

Are the lockers at Desert Inn big enough to hold large luggage?

Be sure to read all the fine print on the place you stay. They love to charge resort fees & parking so your savings may not be $300. I just looked at DI my stay and the rate was less than Candy Cane Inn but when you added in their resort fees & parking fee it was $15 more a night. Note: Candy Cane is one of the last places where parking is free.

I guess whether it's worth it would be an individual thing but for us, it would be worth that much more to stay at PVI because it's so much closer. I don't know about the others but PVI also has a nice free breakfast with a view into the park. It's well kept and modern with a great pool.
We've always enjoyed staying there.

How did you get a view into the park staying at PVI since it's behind the Desert Inn & Suites? Is there a higher floor at PVI that books as a park view? I know the terrace has a view of the Disneyland fireworks. The only hotels I know of that have a view "into" the Disney California Adventure Park are on Disney property which is a premium view at Paradise Pier and park view room at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel. Thanks!

Are the lockers at Desert Inn big enough to hold large luggage?
Yes. I have put a full sized 50 lb suitcase in them. They cost like a dollar or two with no time limit. We usually fly in on a redeye, stash our luggage, go to the parks, and check it at 3pm.

How did you get a view into the park staying at PVI since it's behind the Desert Inn & Suites? Is there a higher floor at PVI that books as a park view? I know the terrace has a view of the Disneyland fireworks. The only hotels I know of that have a view "into" the Disney California Adventure Park are on Disney property which is a premium view at Paradise Pier and park view room at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel. Thanks!

It’s not behind Desert Inn. It’s next to it. From the second floor you can definitely see the monorail and some of the tall rides. We watched the fireworks from our room. It’s not like staying at the GCH theme park view, but you can definitely see the parks from Park View Inn.

Yep, from the breakfast area of the PVI you can see into the park. I like to watch the waterfall on the side of the Matterhorn!

It’s not behind Desert Inn. It’s next to it. From the second floor you can definitely see the monorail and some of the tall rides. We watched the fireworks from our room. It’s not like staying at the GCH theme park view, but you can definitely see the parks from Park View Inn.
Thanks! I'll remember that for our next visit to Disneyland :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter