***Officially Official September 2017 Thread***

So we had our little family meeting last night to go over plans and see how we feel about them. Of course there were going to be changes and new suggestions...sigh...
I was able to change up the times of our FP's a bit, but now I have to spend the day changing up my spreadsheets! lol
Gotta love last minute nellies that decide NOW is the time to offer their input. We leave in 7 days!!!
I stopped asking for input a while ago. I made little to go bags for the others in the party. I'll give them at the airport. Funny these guys are in their 30's and 40's so instead of cute thing i have like blister band aids, tylonol. Rain coat, five hour energy, tissues, hand sanatizer. LOL

We leave in 2 days!! Disneydarling07-you are brave to ask for suggestions at this point in the game. I would not want to start tweaking at this stage---I think there is a lot of flexibility built in to our plans already so hoping if we all decide to change something on the fly, it will not create any angst!

Side note---I did ask the group for input on room snacks/breakfast/beverages. I got 3 different grape requests--red, green and purple!! LOL--fortunately, all the grapes were on sale yesterday so I told them, "y'all better like grapes because there are a lot of grapes to be eaten!!"

I knew better than to just go and be bombarded with questions later. They just don't understand why I have to work on everything so early. I love being able to tell them at this stage - NO, we cannot change parks or we will lose all of our FP's!!!
We kinda went over things a while ago and decided what park on what day, so I knew what FP's to look for. So at this point it's all tweaking.

I kinda lay down the law and make them feel like they have a say so ...lol. My plan is more or less to "tell" them what we are doing and come up with a plan for when everyone wants to wake up. I do NOT like sitting around all morning waiting. On one trip, my DH said he wanted to sleep longer because he had a headache. So I made sure he had Excedrin and water and I took the kids and went to Hollywood Studios (so he could have peace and quiet and get better). He met up with us around noon and felt great. If I had to sit around till noon.....ugh!!!!
A group of friends took a girls trip a few years ago. I heard stories about not getting out till after noon because they all had to do hair and makeup. NO way!!

I know it doesn't matter but I can't stop watching the weather! It's now a set tab on my browser so I can check it multiple times a day...yes, I have a serious problem....
On occasion I'll check the weather but I'm sure next week I'll be checking everyday until we leave................which for real is next Friday (i.e. the 8th of September). Seriously cannot believe how 2 years has gone by...and yes you heard that correct it's been 2 years of planning for this trip :eek::faint:

So we had our little family meeting last night to go over plans and see how we feel about them. Of course there were going to be changes and new suggestions...sigh...
I was able to change up the times of our FP's a bit, but now I have to spend the day changing up my spreadsheets! lol
Gotta love last minute nellies that decide NOW is the time to offer their input. We leave in 7 days!!!
So my husband has basically been having me plan the whole thing with just a bit of input from his. It's too many little details that he's not so interested in. But we watch quite a bit of stuff on YouTube (he actually really likes The Tim Tracker) and every now and then he's asked questions...and then I have to remind him either that I already told him this a while ago or it's a "hey remember when you didn't want me to bombard you with all the little details" lol

He has looked at our itinerary as I've been able to add things into MDE on the website for shows and whatnot and been fine with what I've put in. We're for the most part easy going though we both like plans so I'm already expecting a few of the preplanned things to change while we're there lol.

I'll add myself to the list of those calling you brave! I guess I sort of gave my husband an opportunity to weigh in, but it was mostly to talk me out of booking too many TS meals. (This is not that sort of trip, but I keep finding awesome reservations.) Luckily he hasn't tried to talk me out of my crazy plan to do AK->EPCOT->AK on our arrival day just so we can use the only FP for FOP that I have found for our first day AND see Pandora at night. It is such a short trip that the difficulty of getting a FP for FOP really put a wrench in our plans. I just wish Express Transportation hadn't gone away. I think we might try using Uber or Lyft.

:rotfl2::rotfl2: That's brilliant! Maybe I need to start practicing by jumping over my lawn mower. Of course, I'd probably wind up :crutches:

My impression of brnrss34 :snail: My impression of my son and I :snail::snail:

Yes, we'll be there the 25th. Are you going to be there, too? So you'll be at the SW Party with @Daniela Rose and I the night before and at RD for AK the following morning? Stalker alert! :laughing: Maybe @ChiefM 's gang , you're gang, and mine will all see each other there! I'm doing basically the same thing as you are. Standby for FoP the 25th and then I have a FP for another day.

I'm there too that day!!!!!! Yay!!!!!

8 days until I'm sitting on a Poly beach, eating a Dole Whip, and watching the monorail go by... all with Cinderella Castle in the background.

If that's not paradise, I don't know what is.

Nice!! We'll be across the lake at WL in 8 days, and yes, that's paradise!

23 more days for us! :yay: I don't know why, but I cannot even look at my TPs without getting cross-eyed right now! :headache: Too much going on with getting DD back to college, DS1 getting college apps and nomination packets and senior pictures done, and DS2 busy with XC and APush and everything else that comes along with going back to school. I still have no clue what to do/give for my DSis' 40th birthday on the 26th! My brain hurts, suggestions are welcome! She is not a big sweets fan, so specialty cakes are out (my first thought a long time ago). We are doing a Birthday Monorail dining and drinking tour that night, but I still want something special as it's her 40thparty:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter