Official Wine & Dine 2018

Hello,
What does the after party ticket look like? I got what looks like a gift card and don't recall any other mail. Thanks, TK

It looks like a regular park ticket. Mine is already to a new home but they are green and have some sort of Disney photo in the middle (like the AK tree or Minnie).

So far good running weather but it’s florida and probably will change
I looked at the forecast 3 times yesterday as I was packing (because I kept getting distracted by other things that needed doing and seriously can't remember a forecast for more than 5 minutes, lol!) and it was different every time. I'm just packing EVERYTHING and calling it good. :)

Hello,
What does the after party ticket look like? I got what looks like a gift card and don't recall any other mail. Thanks, TK
It's a hard ticket, plastic, attached to a form letter explaining what it is, with Disney characters on the front, numbers on the back. It came via postal mail, while the gift card will be in electronic form via email.

I looked at the forecast 3 times yesterday as I was packing (because I kept getting distracted by other things that needed doing and seriously can't remember a forecast for more than 5 minutes, lol!) and it was different every time. I'm just packing EVERYTHING and calling it good. :)

It's a hard ticket, plastic, attached to a form letter explaining what it is, with Disney characters on the front, numbers on the back. It came via postal mail, while the gift card will be in electronic form via email.
Thanks so much! This explains it.

I can't believe we are so close. I haven't packed, figured out race clothes (I'm not even gonna try to pull together a costume at this point), or finished sub plans for work. I have no idea how I am getting to the airport or how I am getting home. All I have done is complete my training and signed my waivers. :scared: Ahh stress.
We had everyone start pulling out their clothes last night, but packing probably won't happen in our house till Weds night. On the plus side since its a race trip you know you're getting at least one race shirt. If you buy another shirt, (Raw Threads/I Did it/Something neat from Disney style) that means you can consider part of your packing done.

I don't have my son or I's waivers printed or signed yet, so you've got me beat on that.

Looks like it will be good running weather. Wish it was going to be a tad warmer for walking around the parks on Saturday.

Hello,
That gift card looking this is the party ticket.

I'm just packing EVERYTHING and calling it good. :)
I've flown to at least one disney race a year for the last 8 years, and twice I've had to go back and forth to MCO to try and find a bag that was lost. (One lost by the airline and one lost by Magical Express) I refuse to check bags now on the way down so I can't pack everything. Looks like I do need to pack travel umbrella's and poncho's for Friday though. :( I'll also probably through in 2 big garbage bags for Sunday morning. It's not calling for rain, but I don't want to risk getting drenched in the corrals.

Last edited:
I'll pack the night before but I do have the things I have to remember like MDs, party tickets, and a few things I need to return from my work trip set aside.

It has probably been mentioned here before but since we are so close I wanted to remind people to pack their race stuff in their carry on, at least the shoes. Clothing can be bought at the expo if your bags are lost and the worst happens but it will be hard to find the right shoe and break them in in time.

I’m surprised only four attractions. Is that normal?

I only did the inaugural year but there were not going to be any rides open at all and very close to race weekend they opened some of the WS attractions. I can't speak for subsequent years.

Last edited:
I've flown to at least one disney race a year for the last 8 years, and twice I've had to go back and forth to MCO to try and find a bag that was lost. (One lost by the airline and one lost by Magical Express) I refuse to check bags now on the way down so I can't pack everything.
Yeah, I get that. I'm local-ish and drive, so I definitely have the advantage of an entire car to pack #allthestuff.

Yeah, I get that. I'm local-ish and drive, so I definitely have the advantage of an entire car to pack #allthestuff.
It does make it easier. That is why I’m overpacked.

And even then if I forget something, it isn’t like I can’t acquire what I need from either a Disney gift shop or go visit Target/Walmart/Publix

Just got the gift card in my e-mail --- now my question, Is it easier to just use it at the expo since it is digital? I don't think I will have a problem spending $15 there. Seems like it might be a pain to use it during the party since it's not a card.

Can't wait to leave tomorrow!

Just got the gift card in my e-mail --- now my question, Is it easier to just use it at the expo since it is digital? I don't think I will have a problem spending $15 there. Seems like it might be a pain to use it during the party since it's not a card.

Can't wait to leave tomorrow!
You can add it to Apple Pay or Google Wallet as well. You can use it anywhere. They will just scan it.

I started a packing list because really, they can't expect me to actually work this week, and it is already more than what I pack when we go for over a week. I have a sinking suspicion that this week will be full of all-nighters. Yikes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter