Official Wine & Dine 2018

Ok I had it in my calendar already. Since I'm going solo I though I'd try places that my child is too picky to eat at. Tiffins and Skippers Canteen are on the short list. Any other suggestions?
Ate at Tiffins during a non runDisney vacation, was disappointed. SO expensive for SO little. Won't ever waste my time or money there again.

Ate at Tiffins during a non runDisney vacation, was disappointed. SO expensive for SO little. Won't ever waste my time or money there again.
We've had terrific meals there over multiple trips, including one just recently during SWDS weekend. We've booked it every trip since it opened and have never been disappointed.

I will say that they made changes to the menu this last time, and several of our favorites had disappeared. Hope they come back.

Last edited:

We've had terrific meals there over multiple trips, including one just recently during SWDS weekend. We've booked it every trip since it opened and have never been disappointed.

I will say that they made changes to the menu this last time, and several of our favorites had disappeared. Hope they come back.
Maybe I'm just looking at expense. Again, SO much money for a meal that can fit into my palm. Only to grab a burger back at the food court to feel as though I finally satisfied my hunger.

Maybe I'm just looking at expense. Again, SO much money for a meal that can fit into my palm. Only to grab a burger back at the food court to feel as though I finally satisfied my hunger.
I guess my expectation at slightly higher-end restaurants is to be served slightly smaller portions. This seems to hold whether in WDW, DC, NYC, Montreal, etc. I tend to be full with an entree, but my husband and son do add an appetizer to feel full by the end of the meal. :)

This will be my first rundisney race, doing the half. I think I might need to join in on this celebratory brunch idea! What is a reasonable time that morning to have an ADR? I run a sub 2 hr half. Just not familiar with how long bus lines/getting back to resort will take.

This will be my first rundisney race, doing the half. I think I might need to join in on this celebratory brunch idea! What is a reasonable time that morning to have an ADR? I run a sub 2 hr half. Just not familiar with how long bus lines/getting back to resort will take.
That can vary depending on where you are staying. You also would have to include time from hotel to the Cali Grill especially if you use Disney transportation for that. Race starts at 5:30AM. Depending on your corral start I was say you would be done by 8AM. So probably anything 9:30 or later would be good. Just looking on the safe side with times.

This will be my DP’s first race, along with kids races for DD5 and DS4. We’re doing chEAR squad for Daddy when he races and don’t know what to expect. Plus party tix for all, so hoping we can meet some great characters. ADRs in 2 days - can’t wait! Hoping to get CRT for DD’s 6th bday, which happens while we’re there.

I can’t believe booking adrs is coming up. I’m so all over the place on what I want to book. One day I’ll think I want a relaxed trip and won’t book much, the next day I want to eat at a table service twice a day.
Having a hard time picking between favorites/new places and places I want to try vs. places I think my 3 year old might like.

I can’t believe booking adrs is coming up. I’m so all over the place on what I want to book. One day I’ll think I want a relaxed trip and won’t book much, the next day I want to eat at a table service twice a day.
Having a hard time picking between favorites/new places and places I want to try vs. places I think my 3 year old might like.
I've got the same problem. I'm so torn on what to do.

Just got an email from my TA confirming that MK is closing early on Nov 5th for anyone staying later. I think at 430. Nov park hours weren't out yet.

We have to do the HEA dessert party on the 2nd now instead of the 5th but I'm only doing the half so it won't affect much other than our original plan and making the other parks busier on the 5th.

I'm also curious what this means for the holiday special taping they had done during this time the past 2 years, they'll lose a whole night of taping at the MK now.

I really wish they would post hours already! Hours on the TA site only go through 10/29 and it's the same on the consumer site so it's all on a wish and prayer right now. I'm guessing those who posted hours and the early closure on the 5th have some CM info though so I'm rearranging my plans for it, but feel annoyed that I have to plan 6 months in advance, but don't have hours three days before ADR day to make decisions/plan.

I just checked my time stamp on my pics from last year and we were in our seats drinking mimosas at 11:52. We were not fast by any means. But we had time to go back to Boardwalk, shower and call uber for a ride. The girls at the table next to us remarked to each other about us being smart to get a later reservation so we could shower! LOL!

Last edited:
I really wish they would post hours already! Hours on the TA site only go through 10/29 and it's the same on the consumer site so it's all on a wish and prayer right now. I'm guessing those who posted hours and the early closure on the 5th have some CM info though so I'm rearranging my plans for it, but feel annoyed that I have to plan 6 months in advance, but don't have hours three days before ADR day to make decisions/plan.

I agree! My TA (from dreams) has a friend whose daughter is a CM and that's how she confirmed it. As long as I know that I'm ok because it doesn't change the ADR's and while I'd like to plan what days we do what it doesn't matter until FP's in Sept. Just used to having them by now and don't understand how Dis thinks it's ok to not put them out yet have people make ADRs.

What time can I expect to be back at the resort after the 10k? I'm going to say I'd probably be on one of the last corrals and I plan on stopping for maybe a picture or two. I'm trying to figure out ADR times and I have no idea what to reasonably expect time wise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter