Official Wine & Dine 2018

It's TOTALLY worth it!!!! I've seen them the last three years and they are so greatness!
Good to know!

Problem with going to see acts that you grew up with is that they get old and you go "what the?!? They look like that now??" I remember going to a concert for a boy band from my high school days (not going to say which one so I don't date myself) and they all got fat and wrinkly. Not the same guys that were on my wall that I dreamed I would one day marry. lol

I'm missing Hanson by 1 day! I'm so sad. It also is a day I know I can't get off work.

Hopefully the TBD for Nov 1st to 2nd is someone amazing.

I am a HUGE Hanson fan since I was a little girl and this time around (har har) I planned my trip specifically for this. Several times I missed them by just a few days and I was determined not to this year! I saw them in September and wore my shirt from 1997 when I was 8, and it still fit! It is gray now and not black, but I still love it. I want to try to see them the 29th and 30th as I am doing MNSSHP on the 31st.

I'm looking for tips from those of you who've done both solo & buddy runs. Are there any differences that you didn't expect? Any other tips?
Buddy races wear me out way more than solo runs. Totally worth it, as we have loads of fun, but I find it mentally tiring, trying to keep track of each other on a crowded course, and physically tiring because we tend to chat and stop for way more pics than I would on my own. The critical element, I think, is making sure you're running with a compatible running personality. i.e.: you both want the same things from the race - because if buddy A needs lots of quiet time along the way and buddy B needs non-stop talk, it could be a very long race. Or if buddy B wants to get as many photos as possible, but buddy A wants to hit a new PR. And so on.

I'm back in for my 3rd W&D 5k, and I'm bringing friends this time! I've only run solo before (last year a friend signed up but had to back out), so while I'm super excited to share the runDisney fun (photo ops and costumes!!) I'm a little unsure too. There will be 3 of us, ranging from age ~30 to ~60, and we won't be able to train together as we're coming from all across the country. It'll be their first 5k & first Disney run, so I keep emphasizing that this is for FUN, not timing. (I joke that the only way to get me to run is to put Mickey at the finish line!) I've passed along all of the advice I received from you guys & other runDisney runners for starting out. We're all aiming to train at roughly the same pace and I'm encouraging the run/walk pacing since it's their first time.

I'm looking for tips from those of you who've done both solo & buddy runs. Are there any differences that you didn't expect? Any other tips?
(I'm also experiencing FOMO for my usual solo run experience, so I'm seriously considering adding the 10k since my TA still has bibs available. Help talk me out of it?)

I suggest everyone runs their own race and not worry about running "together". I have friends I travel to races with and I expect to see them before and after, not during. If someone so happens to be so close in pace that they run with you great but I wouldn't expect that.

(I'm also experiencing FOMO for my usual solo run experience, so I'm seriously considering adding the 10k since my TA still has bibs available. Help talk me out of it?)

I always runDisney with my BFF. She and I run similar paces in general, but do not train together. We agree on intervals that meet both of our training/fitness levels and will train with those prior to the race. Yes, we might adjust them and do something different over the course of the training on occasion, but overall we both practice what can run on race day. I love running together. It's fun to have someone keep you motivated and hold you accountable during the race. There are some challenges to it, but that is largely to her hearing loss that she's not super aware sometimes of what's coming up behind her, etc. I normally run on the side of her good ear so I can help her out with what she can't hear too. But we have a lot of fun together.

I have a friend locally that I love and she likes to run with me, but I am a bit faster and fitter then her. So I probably wouldn't do a long race with her, but enjoy the conversation for a 5K or short run. I just know I need to move a little faster when training for an actual race.

So I think the tips are that you have to communicate with each other and find out what everyone's goals, running style and fitness levels are and see whether running together would work for you. But I do highly recommend it and think it is a lot of fun!

Airfare continues to be terrible. Also anyone familiar with Southwest? Did they change how long you can use booking credits? I changed my March flights and got a credit but when trying to apply it for November it says it would be expired in June. I thought you had 1 year to use that credit. So now I lose that money.

Airfare continues to be terrible. Also anyone familiar with Southwest? Did they change how long you can use booking credits? I changed my March flights and got a credit but when trying to apply it for November it says it would be expired in June. I thought you had 1 year to use that credit. So now I lose that money.

The credits have always been based on the original date of purchase of the ticket you change or cancel. I'd guess you had purchased the March flight in June of last year?

Nope bought in January of this year.

That is such a short time to lose a flight credit! I had points expiring two weeks before the November flight I was trying to book. Southwest couldn’t change my circumstance, but they were very easy to get on the phone and answered my questions quickly.

That is such a short time to lose a flight credit! I had points expiring two weeks before the November flight I was trying to book. Southwest couldn’t change my circumstance, but they were very easy to get on the phone and answered my questions quickly.
Yeah maybe I’ll have to call. I’ve never experienced this before. I really don’t want to pay $300 one way either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter