Official Wine & Dine 2018

Thought I’d see if anyone is interested in doing a character text group for the half. We did this for marathon weekend and it worked pretty well. How it works - I’ll be running out of corral A and I’ll text out the characters on the course as I come to them. Allows people starting further back and worried about their time to know who is on the course and plan ahead for character stops. The timing is a little tighter for a half since we don’t get spread out as much, but can still useful if you want to know what’s coming up. If you’re interested, pm me your phone number and type of phone you have and I’ll set up a text group. As an added bonus, you’ll get to find out which characters I don’t know and enjoy seeing how talk to text interprets the ones I do. :)

Can I be added just for amusement sake?

Are the monorails running pre-race or will it be buses only from WDW resorts? We ran this last year and I think it was buses only? For WDW Marathon Weekend, it was nice to jump on the monorail past the suggested time to be on Disney transportation, I had a whole car to myself and I still made it with plenty of time to spare.

Does anyone know if you do get picked up are you stuck at the end of the race pack? I really want to make it to breakfast, LOL! Pineapple macadamia nut pancakes have had my name on them for 180 days. ;)
I asked the same about another rD race and a friend of mine said her experience was that she had to wait for a bus to fill before it left its station - so how long you're there waiting to leave depends on full it is when you get on. But for sure, you don't have to wait until the race is completely over, unless maybe you bail at the final sweep point, I'd think. Another thought I had at that time was that if you bail at a park, you could probably Uber or take a regular resort bus and it might be easier/quicker.

Blonde princess?

Maybe....

Are the monorails running pre-race or will it be buses only from WDW resorts? We ran this last year and I think it was buses only? For WDW Marathon Weekend, it was nice to jump on the monorail past the suggested time to be on Disney transportation, I had a whole car to myself and I still made it with plenty of time to spare.

No monorail for this race weekend since the start line is in the MK parking start.

Thought I’d see if anyone is interested in doing a character text group for the half. We did this for marathon weekend and it worked pretty well. How it works - I’ll be running out of corral A and I’ll text out the characters on the course as I come to them. Allows people starting further back and worried about their time to know who is on the course and plan ahead for character stops. The timing is a little tighter for a half since we don’t get spread out as much, but can still useful if you want to know what’s coming up. If you’re interested, pm me your phone number and type of phone you have and I’ll set up a text group. As an added bonus, you’ll get to find out which characters I don’t know and enjoy seeing how talk to text interprets the ones I do. :)

Ohhh....that's right up my alley this race! Not worrying about time at all for once! I'll PM you my number!

Me! Will PM my number again...

For those staying on property (or even any hotel nearby) how about setting up a "Wake Up" call from their respective front desks?

We set a wake up call last year as backup to the phones and both happened at the right time!

Need to remember to DM you as I'm in! Even if just for the hilarity of what talk to text says! LOL!

Stupid question how do you PM someone?

This is probably a stupid question but since this is my first race ever, here goes - how are the bibs connected to one’s t-shirt? Do I need to bring my own safety pins? Also, how is everyone going to the After Party? Will Disney transportation continue to run till 1am?? If I choose to drive in at 8pm will I still be charged a parking fee since technically, the park is closing? Thanks in advance for your replies.

This is probably a stupid question but since this is my first race ever, here goes - how are the bibs connected to one’s t-shirt? Do I need to bring my own safety pins? Also, how is everyone going to the After Party? Will Disney transportation continue to run till 1am?? If I choose to drive in at 8pm will I still be charged a parking fee since technically, the park is closing? Thanks in advance for your replies.

They will provide safety pins to attach the bib to your shirt

Disney will have transportation after the party to the Disney Hotels

If you decide to drive, if you are staying in property you will not be charged a fee to park. If you are offsite, you may be charged.

They will provide safety pins. If you have a nice shirt that you don't want holes in, they make magnetic tabs that you use. Probably will have some at the expo. The magnets are super string and hold well.

Hi all. My apologies if this was already covered by the thread is 133 pages long so....

We are doing the 5K at Animal Kingdom. We are staying offsite so driving over. Where do we park?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter