Official Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2020

You're inspiring me! I hadn't even looked at the training program yet, but I'm going to now. I've been running regularly, but it will be nice to have an official schedule.

Not sure if this will work, but I created a calendar in my Outlook for the training schedule. I have attached the ICS format here. Let me know if this works for you guys! I zipped it so it can be uploaded.

Attachments

• Wine & Dine Two Course Challenge Training Calendar.zip
    44 KB · Views: 14
As you all continue training, are you working on carrying more water in the event there is less on-course support?
Are there other possible modifications to racing that you anticipate would impact your rD training?

As you all continue training, are you working on carrying more water in the event there is less on-course support?
Are there other possible modifications to racing that you anticipate would impact your rD training?

My husband is carrying water on his runs but that's more because Florida is hot rather than because of less on-course support.

At this point, I’m planning to carry my own hydration when racing for the foreseeable future, regardless of what races offer. I usually don’t need any hydration for runs less than 10 miles (that drops to around 6 miles in the summer), but I’ve got a variety of solutions I train with, depending on the distance. Basing it on summer running, I will use the following:

• 6-9 miles: Nathan Trail Mix belt (2x10oz bottles) with water
  • 10-14 miles: UltrAspire Speedgoat (2x0.5L bottles), one with water, one with Tailwind
  • 14-26+ miles: Orange Mud Endurance Pack (1.5 or 2 L bladder), either filled with Tailwind or water (using gels as fuel)

I‘ve run up to a virtual marathon without having to stop to rehydrate, refill or refuel using these methods, so I think I’m ready for most anything. I’m not really anticipating having to add anything else into the mix for a more self-sufficient race experience.

Floridian here - I always carry fluids on any run 4 mile or longer, so no change there. I have hydration vests that would carry enough to get me through double-digit runs, but it's too hot to wear them now, so I refill a handheld bottle by circling back to my car every 4 miles. I also found that my back can't handle too much weight in a hydration vest, so I'd need to refill during a race. I don't see that being a problem at WDW: I am sure they'll offer something safe, assuming they actually hold races.

I just started using Nuun's Podium Series pre-sweat now that it's gross out. It gets me through 8 miles, more or less, before needing more. I am curious what they'll do for the race though, since there are issues that could come with people carrying their own beverages and issues that come with people taking water at stations.

Pike's Peak is still happening but with fewer stops. Which sounds like an even worse idea to me (clogging/crowding). I'm pessimistic. I think we'll just see cancellations until there's a vaccine.

My husband is carrying water on his runs but that's more because Florida is hot rather than because of less on-course support.
At this point, I’m planning to carry my own hydration when racing for the foreseeable future, regardless of what races offer. I usually don’t need any hydration for runs less than 10 miles (that drops to around 6 miles in the summer), but I’ve got a variety of solutions I train with, depending on the distance. Basing it on summer running, I will use the following:

• 6-9 miles: Nathan Trail Mix belt (2x10oz bottles) with water
  • 10-14 miles: UltrAspire Speedgoat (2x0.5L bottles), one with water, one with Tailwind
  • 14-26+ miles: Orange Mud Endurance Pack (1.5 or 2 L bladder), either filled with Tailwind or water (using gels as fuel)

I‘ve run up to a virtual marathon without having to stop to rehydrate, refill or refuel using these methods, so I think I’m ready for most anything. I’m not really anticipating having to add anything else into the mix for a more self-sufficient race experience.
Floridian here - I always carry fluids on any run 4 mile or longer, so no change there. I have hydration vests that would carry enough to get me through double-digit runs, but it's too hot to wear them now, so I refill a handheld bottle by circling back to my car every 4 miles. I also found that my back can't handle too much weight in a hydration vest, so I'd need to refill during a race. I don't see that being a problem at WDW: I am sure they'll offer something safe, assuming they actually hold races.
I just started using Nuun's Podium Series pre-sweat now that it's gross out. It gets me through 8 miles, more or less, before needing more. I am curious what they'll do for the race though, since there are issues that could come with people carrying their own beverages and issues that come with people taking water at stations.

Pike's Peak is still happening but with fewer stops. Which sounds like an even worse idea to me (clogging/crowding). I'm pessimistic. I think we'll just see cancellations until there's a vaccine.

Thanks for the feedback. I in the past I have used a rather small, 10 oz hand held, and refilled at water fountains- but that is no longer an option. I cannot get past 3 miles in current conditions with what I have without getting dizzy. So, I have been considering how to be more self sufficient. I can refill at home, but not at a race! W&D is the only one on my schedule for the foreseeable future and while it is seeming less likely to happen, I am currently going forward trying to be prepared.

Did anyone else notice that the post-race party is now sold out?

It has been for a little while. I procrastinated on getting a ticket for my non-runner SO since I didn’t want to sink more into an event that might not happen, but looks like they made the decision for me.

It has been for a little while. I procrastinated on getting a ticket for my non-runner SO since I didn’t want to sink more into an event that might not happen, but looks like they made the decision for me.

I didn't realize that it was sold out for that long. I got my ticket (after my hubby nagged and nagged me to) about a month ago and just received it in the mail today.
I'm sure someone on the thread will have a ticket they are not using....

I didn't realize that it was sold out for that long. I got my ticket (after my hubby nagged and nagged me to) about a month ago and just received it in the mail today.
I'm sure someone on the thread will have a ticket they are not using....

I picked up a ticket for myself once by offering to give someone their photopass photos (I'm gold AP) - if the race happens, i'll probably try to do something similar this year too.

I have been known to trade my party ticket for drinks at the Hurricane Hannah's meetup on the Thursday before the race. Not sure if I will use it this year or not.

I asked runDisney for a refund for me and my husband's Wine and Dine race registration this year and they immediately offered us a Disney gift card for $416.

Can I ask how you did this - email or phone call - and can you share the number or address? I'm holding out hope that I'll still get to go, but my two running buddies backed out this week :sad1: I'd like to give them info on how to ask for a refund. Thanks so much!

Can I ask how you did this - email or phone call - and can you share the number or address? I'm holding out hope that I'll still get to go, but my two running buddies backed out this week :sad1: I'd like to give them info on how to ask for a refund. Thanks so much!
RunDisney is doing case by case situations via email right now. It’s just the general email address on the website that you can contact to find out more. Several people have now gotten the gift card offer.

RunDisney is doing case by case situations via email right now. It’s just the general email address on the website that you can contact to find out more. Several people have now gotten the gift card offer.
That's great - thanks so much!

I have an AP but now that tickets will be up tomorow trying to decide if we should get tickets for the other runners or not. If it's canceled they don't want to go

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter