Official Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2020

I thought it was 3 if you didn’t have a resort reservation, but you could book for your entire existing reservation.

Yeah, then I'm guessing maybe whats happening is wires are getting crossed between AP and length of stay, etc. and reservations with different ticket media because they should have been able to then!

After waiting over an hour and still not getting in I gave up. This is SO ridiculous! If it wasn't for the money I'd loose between this registration and MW registration I think I'd take the partial refund for my AP and stay away from Disney for awhile. I'm just tired of their games and hoop jumping.

I eventually used a work around through dining reservations (to get logged in), then shifted over to the park pass system. Even though we have a partner resort reservation, they only gave us the three days. It may be a few days before I actually get to talk to someone about that error. (This is for a trip next month.) So I would DEFINITELY call today much worse than rD signup.

For W&D... We are taking the whole extended family down, which means we would get a house via VRBO... and 3 park days doesn't really cut it. Fairly disappointed.

After 4:15 waiting: 1) I named the party, 2) it came up with question marks beside each icon and gave a button to click to link reservation and ticket. I clicked and got sent back to the castle. Another 45 minutes and I gave up.
Should I try another time or cancel 18 days in December and January and cancel/not renew my annual pass. Who am I kidding? Try again tomorrow.

After waiting over an hour and still not getting in I gave up. This is SO ridiculous! If it wasn't for the money I'd loose between this registration and MW registration I think I'd take the partial refund for my AP and stay away from Disney for awhile. I'm just tired of their games and hoop jumping.
Agreed.
Also, if I knew W&D was not going to run, I would definitely take the AP refund.
I did get through the online queue and for every day of our trip the parks are 'greyed out' and not select-able. Without much change in the public health arena, there is little chance of me showing up for W&D with my kids, but zero chance if I have to listen to them whine about not getting into a park.

After 4:15 waiting: 1) I named the party, 2) it came up with question marks beside each icon and gave a button to click to link reservation and ticket. I clicked and got sent back to the castle. Another 45 minutes and I gave up.
Should I try another time or cancel 18 days in December and January and cancel/not renew my annual pass. Who am I kidding? Try again tomorrow.

That pretty much mirrors my experience. I haven’t even been able to call since “all circuits” have been busy all day.

What a nightmare. Space mountain kept adding time. Then the castle kept adding time. Two hours, 50 minutes from when I first started trying to access the system to finishing.

Anyone know why EPCOT has an 11 am opening time? That is when World Showcase traditionally opens, but the rest typically opened earlier.

Not knowing what the expo will be like l didn’t plan a park for that day.

I've seen this quoted on several blogs now (sorry for the non wdw info link): https://touringplans.com/blog/2020/...ning-and-closing-times-for-park-hours-at-wdw/

Speculation as to why is around some of the logistics of the resort transportation capacity being reduced due to COVID physical distancing and needing to prevent all of the modes from being utilized at one time to all the destinations (I don't know if that's the reason TBH)

Summary of opening time chart:

8 AM to 6 PM: Animal Kingdom
9 AM to 7 PM : Magic Kingdom
10 AM to 8 PM : Hollywood Studios
11 AM to 9 PM : EPCOT

Yes. I thought if we have a reservation, we can do every day. Any AP'ers with a reservation get multiple days? I wonder if there is something I did wrong. It is a DVC reservation, btw.

I got multiple days. I have an Annual Pass. Original expiration date 11/21/20, now 3/18/21 (extended due to shutdown). I have a room-only resort reservation at Pop for 11/6 - 11/11.

I started trying to log in around noon and got the pink-castle-screen on multiple browsers/windows, and it took about an hour for one window to load the sign-in window. Shortly thereafter I was able to access the park reservation system.

I was able to pick a park day for each day of my resort stay. No issues once I got in, all my preferred parks were available.

I'm fairly sure I'm not going on this trip. I have asthma. Huge improvements in COVID testing/treatment need to happen in order for me to entertain the idea of a Disney race. Plus, park hopping is a big part of my trips so I'm waiting to see if hopping is reinstated. A lot is obviously TBD for me, but at least I did get parks booked! Hoping for the best.

A couple days ago, I was lamenting not having a resort reservation for W&D - or any other time in the future. Now, I'm glad not to have had to take part in this disaster! Unreal. I'm still in limbo, waiting to see if my early April request to cancel my AP renewal is going to be approved, or if I'll have to brave AP reservation day to make use of it if they won't cancel it.

We have a reservation for November and Annual Passes but we were able to only reserve 3 days. Is that right? we have a reservation for the entire week.
I was just able to make reservations for all 9 days in November and all 10 days in January so whatever glitch that limited me to 3 days has been fixed. For those who had problems, check again. I got right in and had no issues.

I tried several times during the day, including waiting for about 3 hours and giving up. Then I logged in around 4pm, got right in and made reservations for 4 days during WD weekend. It took about 3 minutes. There's no rhyme or reason as to why I got in. Just luck of the draw.

This system is pretty zippy now... But I'm now limited to 4 reservations. So who knows. I got through on the phone, but I'll be on hold for probably another couple hours. Oh, well.

This system is pretty zippy now... But I'm now limited to 4 reservations. So who knows. I got through on the phone, but I'll be on hold for probably another couple hours. Oh, well.

I’m still unable to make any reservations. Got through on the phone at 11pm last night only to be told I had to call a specific pass holder service number. Tried from 7am this morning, got into the queue just before noon, but had to drop off for a 1:00 meeting before anyone answered. Got back into the queue at 2:45 and finally got to a live person after a 2 hour hold. Only to be told that they couldn’t help and I need to call one of 2 different numbers to actually get help. Those numbers have been “all circuits are busy” since. This is unbelievably ridiculous and I know it’s going to be exponentially worse starting tomorrow as they open things up further.

I’m still unable to make any reservations. Got through on the phone at 11pm last night only to be told I had to call a specific pass holder service number. Tried from 7am this morning, got into the queue just before noon, but had to drop off for a 1:00 meeting before anyone answered. Got back into the queue at 2:45 and finally got to a live person after a 2 hour hold. Only to be told that they couldn’t help and I need to call one of 2 different numbers to actually get help. Those numbers have been “all circuits are busy” since. This is unbelievably ridiculous and I know it’s going to be exponentially worse starting tomorrow as they open things up further.
What exactly is the issue you’re having?

I have resort reservations starting 11/05 and 01/05/21. My AP expires on 10/02 so the system is saying I don’t have valid park admission for those dates, so it won’t let me reserve any parks. Further, it won’t let me take any actions to remedy the situation, like renewing my pass early. So I’m stuck in limbo as an AP with an active pass and resort reservations but no path forward. This after receiving multiple emails from Disney telling me that I was good to go to make park reservations starting yesterday. The CM I finally got on the phone today said that the right department could either make a note on my account allowing me to make park reservations or go ahead and renew the AP, but she couldn’t do either.

I have resort reservations starting 11/05 and 01/05/21. My AP expires on 10/02 so the system is saying I don’t have valid park admission for those dates, so it won’t let me reserve any parks. Further, it won’t let me take any actions to remedy the situation, like renewing my pass early. So I’m stuck in limbo as an AP with an active pass and resort reservations but no path forward. This after receiving multiple emails from Disney telling me that I was good to go to make park reservations starting yesterday. The CM I finally got on the phone today said that the right department could either make a note on my account allowing me to make park reservations or go ahead and renew the AP, but she couldn’t do either.
Ah ok, I have heard of some similar issues. I’m still waiting on my extension. I was able to do Wine and Dine but can’t do marathon until that extension. They told me on the phone that they hope to have all the extensions completed by July 11th.

We are having the same problem, I think. Our APs expire just before we need park reservations; therefore, “no valid ticket” to go with the resort reservation. But, since my family’s passes don’t expire until November, it’s too early to renew them now. Someone here said Disney was waiving the “60 day prior to expiration” rule for renewal, but the renewal website is down for maintenance (and has been for days), and the “circuits are busy” every time we try to call, which has been over 200 times in the last 24 hours! We can’t even get in a queue with Disney music to hold for the next representative!

We are having the same problem, I think. Our APs expire just before we need park reservations; therefore, “no valid ticket” to go with the resort reservation. But, since my family’s passes don’t expire until November, it’s too early to renew them now. Someone here said Disney was waiving the “60 day prior to expiration” rule for renewal, but the renewal website is down for maintenance (and has been for days), and the “circuits are busy” every time we try to call, which has been over 200 times in the last 24 hours! We can’t even get in a queue with Disney music to hold for the next representative!
Yeah the phones have been extremely busy and I’m not sure they have their full workforce back yet after many being furloughed.

Yeah the phones have been extremely busy and I’m not sure they have their full workforce back yet after many being furloughed.

The two CMs that I’ve been able to talk to have been extremely apologetic that they can’t help and sound exhausted. I feel bad for them having to deal with the fallout from someone else’s ill thought out and even more poorly executed plan.

Probably the most frustrating thing for me is that if one of those “good to go” emails had said “hey, you need to extend your AP or you won’t be able to reserve a park” I would have been all over it last week.

ETA: I was able to get back into the hold queue around 7:00. The projected wait time is 2 hours, but fingers crossed, I guess.

The two CMs that I’ve been able to talk to have been extremely apologetic that they can’t help and sound exhausted. I feel bad for them having to deal with the fallout from someone else’s ill thought out and even more poorly executed plan.

Probably the most frustrating thing for me is that if one of those “good to go” emails had said “hey, you need to extend your AP or you won’t be able to reserve a park” I would have been all over it last week.

ETA: I was able to get back into the hold queue around 7:00. The projected wait time is 2 hours, but fingers crossed, I guess.
At the very least it doesn’t appear dates are going very fast. So far only the first few days have some parks filled.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter