Official Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2020

I spoke with someone who ran the 10K last year. Said it was mostly in the road with just a small part through the park due to the construction. Are there any maps out there yet that show the path?

Last year was running from MK parking lot to Epcot and then we had a decent amount of time in the park. We entered by Figment, then did a loop around World Showcase (going the Canada direction) and exited the park at the gate by Mexico. I feel like they could keep that same course despite the Epcot construction since it avoided Future World, but who knows what that park will look like by the time we get to race day in Nov.

You are correct there is ongoing work over there but not like we haven't run through road construction before.

Last year during the Star Wars half, we ran through the construction area for the Epcot Skyliner Station.

As in, once the race was through, it became a hard-hat-required construction area.

Last year during the Star Wars half, we ran through the construction area for the Epcot Skyliner Station.

As in, once the race was through, it became a hard-hat-required construction area.
Yep, all the races ran through that area when the skyliner was built. The whole MK toll plaza was under construction for a couple years which for marathon weekend and princess we ran through.

The upgraded corral placement is only available as part of the top tier ($800/yr) of Club RunDisney. I find it hard to believe that enough people are buying into that to significantly impact corral structure for events with 10-20,000 participants (depending on race & weekend). I think it's much more likely that this is another cost-cutting measure by RunDisney. It will reduce the number of PoTs that will need to be verified for each race weekend by moving more runners into the non-PoT corrals and they will probably also see it as a "hassle reduction" as well, by reducing the number of runners potentially complaining about being mis-corralled on any given weekend.
Ummmm. Yeah. I am gonna have to go ahead and sorta disagree with you there. I think you would be surprised how many runDisney fans are ponying up the $800 for platinum - especially those who are not fast enough to run a half marathon in 2:30. Either way, it is a Club runDisney benefit to get an upgraded corral and this is a way to get those folks closer to the front without putting them in front of people who have faster POT's. And, I don't see this as a significant cost cut move by moving 1,000 or so runners out of a an assigned corral. In fact, I bet they field more complaints of people that worked hard to get to 2:45 and are now not able to submit a POT.

Ummmm. Yeah. I am gonna have to go ahead and sorta disagree with you there. I think you would be surprised how many runDisney fans are ponying up the $800 for platinum - especially those who are not fast enough to run a half marathon in 2:30. Either way, it is a Club runDisney benefit to get an upgraded corral and this is a way to get those folks closer to the front without putting them in front of people who have faster POT's. And, I don't see this as a significant cost cut move by moving 1,000 or so runners out of a an assigned corral. In fact, I bet they field more complaints of people that worked hard to get to 2:45 and are now not able to submit a POT.
I generally defend a lot of the things that others decry as money grabs by Disney. But I don't see any other way to view these new memberships. But I wouldn't be surprised if people are ponying up for it anyway. I refuse. :)

I generally defend a lot of the things that others decry as money grabs by Disney. But I don't see any other way to view these new memberships. But I wouldn't be surprised if people are ponying up for it anyway. I refuse. :)

Club runDisney is pretty clearly a money grab. I don’t think the corrals are that much part of the money grab, or they’d include better corral placement at lower levels than Platinum.

(“Gold gets you the front of Corral E, and for an extra $200, Platinum gets you the back of Corral D!”)

Club runDisney is pretty clearly a money grab. I don’t think the corrals are that much part of the money grab, or they’d include better corral placement at lower levels than Platinum.

(“Gold gets you the front of Corral E, and for an extra $200, Platinum gets you the back of Corral D!”)
Every level seems ridiculous for what you get, to me. 🤷‍♀️

I was able to register for the challenge and both my kids in the kid races this morning. I used Chrome and I didn’t have to queue up again for each one. I did debate just doing mine and then going back for theirs for fear of selling out but I risked it and it paid off for me.

I am very irked about the change in POT. I ran a race Saturday just for that and got my time for a 2:45. I’m no where close to a 2:30 and I honestly don’t see a way of getting close before the last day to enter. I hate the idea of being in Corral F or more but :confused3

I am very irked about the change in POT. I ran a race Saturday just for that and got my time for a 2:45. I’m no where close to a 2:30 and I honestly don’t see a way of getting close before the last day to enter. I hate the idea of being in Corral F or more but :confused3

Honestly, as long as I'm not in the last corral and can get there early and ensure I'm early in whichever one I'm in it's no big much of a much to me. I'm not fast and will never be in front of the crowds anyway, so as long as I have a buffer between the balloon ladies and me it's good enough.

Does anyone else think the half marathon medal will be a poison apple or poison apple themed based on the confirmation email?

I noticed the proof of time for the HM was sub 2:30? Is that always the case? The princess HM was my first race and you needed a sub 2:45 pot. I guess im gonna have to get faster if I want to stay out of the general corrals

Hi, I'm new to this thread . . . could you explain what that means? I did a runDisney half in 2016. I submitted proof of time from a previous timed race before the Disney half marathon, but is there an *estimated* finish time that you must give when registering?

Hi, I'm new to this thread . . . could you explain what that means? I did a runDisney half in 2016. I submitted proof of time from a previous timed race before the Disney half marathon, but is there an *estimated* finish time that you must give when registering?

During the registration, you are asked if you expect to finish in under 2:30:00, formerly 2:45:00. RunDisney is now requiring a Proof Of Time if you anticipate a finish of 2:30:00 or less, in order to substantiate your claim. So to answer your question, sort of....

When running a disney half they ask you if you anticipate to finish in a certain time. That time used to be 2:45 but with Wine and Dine it has changed to 2:30. So if you expect to run 2:30 or less you need to submit a proof of time to prove that. If you expect to run below that you don’t need to submit a time.

During the registration, you are asked if you expect to finish in under 2:30:00, formerly 2:45:00. RunDisney is now requiring a Proof Of Time if you anticipate a finish of 2:30:00 or less, in order to substantiate your claim. So to answer your question, sort of....

Yes, that answers my question. Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter