Official Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2020

Or sign up for one of the virtual races over the summer. I did last years to get my DD to earn some medals by doing a couple training runs with me and it was fun. They have been nice medals so far but I haven’t looked at this years series. You do have to wait for them in the mail though so I didn’t have her run until after the events were past and I had the medals to give.
This is a great idea! Approximately when do they send out the medals? Many thanks in advance.

Not sure if you sign up for just one or two events, I signed for them all including the series medal so they were all sent later in summer, maybe August? But simple enough as she didn’t want to be running with me in the summer heat anyhow. Just put them aside and had her go on some short runs while training for Wine and Dine. I think if you sign for say the June race that the medal will ship shortly after but hopefully someone just did one and can confirm that.

edit: found last years thread https://www.disboards.com/threads/2019-virtual-series-marvel-themed.3732390/
Looks like mine came in end of July, some others were waiting longer.

This is a great idea! Approximately when do they send out the medals? Many thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Does anyone have insight as to AP vs. DVC being more likely to sell out first?

I’m pretty sure they come from the same small pool of early registrations but I have had a link not be there or not work more than once. Usually AP works better for me but I try to have two separate devices with each open in case one doesn’t go live. I don’t think they go right away but you never know and I like to get things booked and in order the moment I can.

I'm not sure but I plan on having the AP open on my phone and dvc on my laptop. Im kicking myself for not using a TA when I had the chance since I'm out of points at the moment.
Also out of points :(

There may still be opportunity to use a TA if you get hold of one this afternoon. I saw a posting that all races were available to TAs again this morning and had my TA add the 5k to the challenge that I had already booked. I was going to need a room anyway, so I'm thrilled not to have to go worry about the registration free for all, not to mention avoiding the 6.6% service charge for the races.

Can anyone tell me where I'm supposed to log in today for AP registration? Through my MDE first or through the runDisney website? Thanks!
Editing to add one more stupid question - do I have to log in separately for myself and my husband or can I register for both on one account?

Quick question. I am DVC. Do I need to register through my DVC ID or RunDisney today?
Can anyone tell me where I'm supposed to log in today for AP registration? Through my MDE first or through the runDisney website? Thanks!
Editing to add one more stupid question - do I have to log in separately for myself and my husband or can I register for both on one account?
On a desktop browser (or 3) I log into my MDE account, which is then valid across my DVC account. There was not a separate log in required for rD. I have not previously had to log in separately to register my spouse or my children. Being logged into the MDE app on my phone is not sufficient to use the phone browser to register, you need to log in via the mobile web browser

started a conversation with you to give you AP link

On runDisney event page overview scroll down and hit either AP or DVC and follow prompts/login

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter