Official Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2020

Officially, no - unless they are also passholders/DVC and are members of your household, under your MDE account. Have people done it anyway? Yes. But there have also been rumors that people registered early who shouldn't have been later had their registrations canceled by rD. I've never seen actual proof of that happening, but it's a possibility...
Thanks, not a problem. Just wondered.

Used to be noon about two years ago. They made a switch a while back. Wine and dine races do tend to sell out but not crazy quick.
Thanks - I should be able to register by 11:30 or noon that day (3/5) and I'm just in for the half, so hopefully it will still be open. Appreciate all the responses!

I’m officially in for the Challenge! Still looking at possibly adding the 5k during registration. With the anniversary and the villains theming, I’ve been a little worried about how fast this weekend is going to sell. Yesterday I saw posts that the TAs had run out of their bib allotment and were getting more allocated, so I decided the safest thing to do was book with one of them. I was able to get one of the few Challenge bibs left in their allocation, but unfortunately even the additional allocation of 5k bibs has sold out.

At any rate, how about some speculation on race themes since RunDisney won’t oblige us with their official choices. Here’s what I’d like to see:

• 5k: Gaston’s Tavern of Terror 5k. “Drop in and be our guest”
  • 10k: Ursula’s 10k Fathoms Under the Seafood. “Try our Flounder filet and stuffed crab specialties”
  • Half: Jafar’s Diamond in the Roughage Half Marathon. “You’ll enjoy our bazaar takes on classic dishes.”
  • Challenge: Maleficent’s Culinary Chaos Challenge. “You’ll work up an appetite dragon yourself around the courses”. The medal is, of course, a spinner with Maleficent's head on one side and the dragon on the other.

I was also tempted to call it Jafar’s Dessert Oasis Half Marathon, too. I’d love to see Hades make an appearance, but I’m not sure he can trump these three. If I had to add a kids’ races theme, too, it would most likely be Captain Hook and the Lost Kids’ Races. What are your guesses and desires?

I know Maleficent is going to be one of them, but can it please be Dragon Maleficent? That at least seems different. I would like some less common villains as themes. Maybe some Prince John or Sheriff of Nottingham, Rattigan.

I have a random question lol We are doing the challenge for our honeymoon! Do I need to register my wife using her maiden name or using my last name? I don't think she'd have her new ID and stuff back with her new last name on anything. Or is that something we can explain to the volunteers and they'd understand?

I have a random question lol We are doing the challenge for our honeymoon! Do I need to register my wife using her maiden name or using my last name? I don't think she'd have her new ID and stuff back with her new last name on anything. Or is that something we can explain to the volunteers and they'd understand?
I would go with whatever name you think you’ll have on the ID at the time of bib pick up. If for some reason it’s different I would just explain to the volunteers the situation and they should be fine.

I know it's a long shot, but I'd really love a Shadow Man medal.
YES! Him too!
I feel like there are so many great villains, but it will end up being Maleficent, Ursula, Wicked Queen, and probably Gaston. And it's just because they're the most recognized. Of course, if you go lesser known, you get people complaining that they have no idea who these villains are, why is Disney using them when no one knows who they are. Basically, Disney can't win either way.

As I'm reading the posts, I'm realizing I don't have any feelings one way or the other for any of the Disney villains... and I'm wondering why I want to pay to do any of the races, lol! Maybe I'll just silently continue on with an international food theme. ;)

I think I am one of the few people not excited about the theme. We had already decided to do a family trip, and my 1st graders are chickens and do not like villains at all. They do not do reversible kid medals or perhaps TeKa/Tefiti could be fun, and I think I could sell them on Yzma (who they do not know) if she were in cat form. I do not anticipate they will be excited to hang them next to their bed as they are with other medals.
ETA: Are Heffalumps and Woozles villains? Because they were nightmare fuel for us for awhile.

Where'd everyone find the advance registration notice (March 5th)? We're DVC / AP and I'm trying to figure out exactly what time it's opening up that day to be sure to watch for it. Or do they just surprise us lol? I can't remember how I found it for the 2020 marathon.

Where'd everyone find the advance registration notice (March 5th)? We're DVC / AP and I'm trying to figure out exactly what time it's opening up that day to be sure to watch for it. Or do they just surprise us lol? I can't remember how I found it for the 2020 marathon.
10am. At rundisney.com, go to the W&D event and scroll down - early registration links are down the page.

I think I am one of the few people not excited about the theme. We had already decided to do a family trip, and my 1st graders are chickens and do not like villains at all. They do not do reversible kid medals or perhaps TeKa/Tefiti could be fun, and I think I could sell them on Yzma (who they do not know) if she were in cat form. I do not anticipate they will be excited to hang them next to their bed as they are with other medals.
ETA: Are Heffalumps and Woozles villains? Because they were nightmare fuel for us for awhile.
I’m betting Drizzella/Anastasia, Pain/Panic or going the Descendants route for kids races

I’m betting Drizzella/Anastasia, Pain/Panic or going the Descendants route for kids races
Descendants. This would be the way to go. And they would need to expand it as it would be a hit. (also, what I started watching on the treadmill this morning, I have one kid interested and the other is a chicken so I need to preview everything)
Also, there is nothing descendants in the parks and the merch sells out every time I walk past it.

@rteetz and I were pretty adamant about not running the 5k this year, but then he just said to me "Jenna what if the 5k is Oogie Boogie themed?"
And then I cried.
And then I said if we do sign up for the 5k the theme is going to suck.
So to the 5k runners: you're welcome, in advance.
So if we sign up it’s gonna suck and if we don’t it’s going to be Oogie Boogie and we are going to hate everything. This is the way.

How close is your wedding to the honeymoon? I didn't honeymoon till months later so I had all my ID updated. You can switch things about pretty quickly (despite possibly sitting at social security and DMV for a while), but some of it also depends on your state and how they do things. I got married in FL so I got a temporary soc security document and waited for my card in the mail. I got my drivers license straight away once that was done. And I'm sure you could always bring a copy of your marriage license to show anyone. Lord knows I still have to use that sometimes! (Like I need to change my name on my teaching credential if I renew it as it's still in my maiden name...I have been married about 13 years, but haven't taught full time in 10 so I never updated it!) It's a super useful document and you'll need it to change her name on everything.

Descendants. This would be the way to go. And they would need to expand it as it would be a hit. (also, what I started watching on the treadmill this morning, I have one kid interested and the other is a chicken so I need to preview everything)
Also, there is nothing descendants in the parks and the merch sells out every time I walk past it.

I already decided one of my outfits needs to be descendants inspired. My kiddo would think I’m
the coolest mom.

I already decided one of my outfits needs to be descendants inspired. My kiddo would think I’m
the coolest mom.
As we were lectured by slightly older family members for not being familiar with the franchise (I hate the [fake] falling in love aspect so avoided it), thus solidified my uncool status. Also, this villains thing does not work with my dream costume. So I guess I need to come up with another and clearly sign up for a race where it fits the theme?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter